itseddieT
itseddieT
Joined: Mar 1, 2022
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 15
July 20th, 2022 at 9:20:19 PM permalink
Does the heat come from the pit or surveillance? I've been playing UTH at this place where half the dealers flash.

One time I raised 4x ($100 ante) my 10, 4 against dealer 2 and one flop card 4. The dealer wouldn't shut up about it. He told the pit boss about the hand and the pit boss just walked away. I was playing rated.

How long do you think I could get away with this?
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
  • Threads: 59
  • Posts: 4409
July 20th, 2022 at 9:50:28 PM permalink
Quote: itseddieT

Does the heat come from the pit or surveillance? I've been playing UTH at this place where half the dealers flash.

One time I raised 4x ($100 ante) my 10, 4 against dealer 2 and one flop card 4. The dealer wouldn't shut up about it. He told the pit boss about the hand and the pit boss just walked away. I was playing rated.

How long do you think I could get away with this?
link to original post



So, you raised 4x before the flop in UTH with a 10-4 vs dealer 2 when the dealer had flashed one of the flop cards and you saw it was a 4?

Did the dealer get upset only after he had dealt the entire hand and realized you had paired on the flop? Did you win this hand? And did you have better than a pair of 4s when you won it?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 3770
July 21st, 2022 at 12:16:30 AM permalink
Quote: itseddieT

Does the heat come from the pit or surveillance? I've been playing UTH at this place where half the dealers flash.

One time I raised 4x ($100 ante) my 10, 4 against dealer 2 and one flop card 4. The dealer wouldn't shut up about it. He told the pit boss about the hand and the pit boss just walked away. I was playing rated.

How long do you think I could get away with this?
link to original post



Nobody is going to notice that. The only thing noticeable over a longer period will be if you are beating the game, Some players play anything, so playing a 10-4 is not interesting.

ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
AitchTheLetter
AitchTheLetter
Joined: May 28, 2022
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 144
July 21st, 2022 at 4:37:47 AM permalink
In my opinion, the dealer was probably the definition of "a company man" and was taking losing personally. Is raising 4x with 10-4 (suited or not) normal basic strategy for UTH? Absolutely not, most people don't know UTH basic strategy though. It is an odd play but people play blind or crap hands with 3x or 4x wagers all the time. If the dealer is flashing then its weak dealer that deserves to get beat.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 593
  • Posts: 3845
July 21st, 2022 at 10:16:37 AM permalink
Quote: AitchTheLetter

In my opinion, the dealer was probably the definition of "a company man" and was taking losing personally. Is raising 4x with 10-4 (suited or not) normal basic strategy for UTH? Absolutely not, most people don't know UTH basic strategy though. It is an odd play but people play blind or crap hands with 3x or 4x wagers all the time. If the dealer is flashing then its weak dealer that deserves to get beat.
link to original post

where do you sit to see the flashed card?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
itseddieT
itseddieT
Joined: Mar 1, 2022
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 15
July 21st, 2022 at 12:29:00 PM permalink
Quote: AitchTheLetter

In my opinion, the dealer was probably the definition of "a company man" and was taking losing personally. Is raising 4x with 10-4 (suited or not) normal basic strategy for UTH? Absolutely not, most people don't know UTH basic strategy though. It is an odd play but people play blind or crap hands with 3x or 4x wagers all the time. If the dealer is flashing then its weak dealer that deserves to get beat.
link to original post



No, he was just dumbfounded that I did that.
itseddieT
itseddieT
Joined: Mar 1, 2022
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 15
July 21st, 2022 at 12:30:45 PM permalink
For some dealers, I could see it from the middle seat. For the rest, 1 seat over is enough.
AitchTheLetter
AitchTheLetter
Joined: May 28, 2022
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 144
July 21st, 2022 at 12:55:49 PM permalink
If you get heat like that again from the dealer then just tell them you are gambling and trying to have fun. Maybe let the dealer cool off for a bit but honestly if you find a dealer that is sloppy and flashing hole cards then keep it to yourself and milk it for all you can. It's not illegal to use information readily available at the table as long as you aren't using any magnifying or video device to get the information.

(note; I am not a lawyer so take my advice as you will and do you own but I am aware of gaming laws and this is something that has been bought up and is settled case law in Nevada and I think Atlantic City. Anyone who knows more feel free to correct me)
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 119
  • Posts: 9924
July 21st, 2022 at 2:43:28 PM permalink
Quote: itseddieT



How long do you think I could get away with this?
link to original post



No way to know! But you might as well keep at it. Others may laugh at me, but at my low level I still rathole some chips so I donít appear to win. I think if you consistently show increasing big stacks that keep on growing, it might not be good for longevity.
itseddieT
itseddieT
Joined: Mar 1, 2022
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 15
July 21st, 2022 at 9:26:15 PM permalink
Related question: if the dealers are rough with the cards and they start to get bent, but they don't change cards, is that on me? I'm very gentle with the cards.

  • Jump to: