Flora4
Flora4
  • Threads: 1
August 2nd, 2021 at 5:56:38 AM permalink
I have been a dealer for 10 years. When I learned the game of Spanish 21 (US version) it was included alongside the Blackjack lessons. We were taught that all the 21 bonuses ( bonuses paid after reaching 21 after 5 + hits or a combo of 6-7-8 ) are paid after a split but not a double down.

The managers at my new job seem NOT to understand what Spanish 21 is. They like to follow the novelty game guidelines while on Spanish. Only allowing players to use 2 spots instead of the BJ 3 spots, and NOT able to use promotional playing chips or FreeBet coupons.

Now after a few years of allowing players to get the 21 Bonus payouts after a split (like normal) they do NOT want to pay them.

* I am very interested in knowing how prevalent this is? I'm feeling that my managers are ignorant of the game and creating a scam.

* I am wondering if this rule change is something that needs to be brought to the attention of the Gaming Commission?
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
Flora4
August 2nd, 2021 at 6:40:45 AM permalink
Quote: Flora4

I have been a dealer for 10 years. When I learned the game of Spanish 21 (US version) it was included alongside the Blackjack lessons. We were taught that all the 21 bonuses ( bonuses paid after reaching 21 after 5 + hits or a combo of 6-7-8 ) are paid after a split but not a double down.

The managers at my new job seem NOT to understand what Spanish 21 is. They like to follow the novelty game guidelines while on Spanish. Only allowing players to use 2 spots instead of the BJ 3 spots, and NOT able to use promotional playing chips or FreeBet coupons.

Now after a few years of allowing players to get the 21 Bonus payouts after a split (like normal) they do NOT want to pay them.

* I am very interested in knowing how prevalent this is? I'm feeling that my managers are ignorant of the game and creating a scam.

* I am wondering if this rule change is something that needs to be brought to the attention of the Gaming Commission?

I used to play Spanish 21 in Atlantic City. Occasionally, a dealer would not want to pay the bonus on a split hand, and I would always argue for the player to get the bonus. I only lost one argument--a Caesars pit person would not let the dealer pay a woman 3:1 on a 678 in spades from a 8s split.

The misunderstanding happens for two reasons: 1) the Super Bonus is not to be paid on splits or doubled-down hands, and 2) the printing on the felt says that the regular 21 bonuses are "not paid on doubled hands." A clearer wording would be "not paid on doubled-down hands."

I know a person who verified with a mathematician at Masque Publishing, the owners of Spanish 21, that the regular 21 bonuses are to be paid on split hands.

I never thought to contact the Gaming Commission, but I think that is a good idea.
  • Jump to: