GameQueen93
GameQueen93
  • Threads: 1
November 12th, 2020 at 6:37:35 AM permalink
Hello all! I have a question regarding what kind of expected risk I'm looking at mathematically speaking on a large 9/5 JOB session I want to undertake. I am near the level to where I can get the next card tier, and I figured out I only need about 5 grand in video poker play to reach it. What kind of drawdown would I be looking at if I did 1,000 hands of 5 dollars? Would there be much difference if I did 2,000 hands at 2.50? I am open to doing 4,000 hands at 1.25 if that drastically smooths out the results, but that's a LOT of VP lol, and I don't stay overnight usually. I also could do multihand since they have 9/5 at the quarter level and up. I just want to know the best way to approach this and what kind of money I should bring for this, am I in the ballpark with 400 to 500 dollars? Or can I get by with less? You all should know I play perfectly for the most part. When I practice my play online, I throw away 0.1% EV at most. Thank you all in advance for your contributions!
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
GameQueen93
November 12th, 2020 at 6:50:46 AM permalink
Quote: GameQueen93

Hello all! I have a question regarding what kind of expected risk I'm looking at mathematically speaking on a large 9/5 JOB session I want to undertake. I am near the level to where I can get the next card tier, and I figured out I only need about 5 grand in video poker play to reach it. What kind of drawdown would I be looking at if I did 1,000 hands of 5 dollars? Would there be much difference if I did 2,000 hands at 2.50? I am open to doing 4,000 hands at 1.25 if that drastically smooths out the results, but that's a LOT of VP lol, and I don't stay overnight usually. I also could do multihand since they have 9/5 at the quarter level and up. I just want to know the best way to approach this and what kind of money I should bring for this, am I in the ballpark with 400 to 500 dollars? Or can I get by with less? You all should know I play perfectly for the most part. When I practice my play online, I throw away 0.1% EV at most. Thank you all in advance for your contributions!

The lower the stakes you play the less cash you will need to have. Play quarter single play for the least exposure. On quarters you shold reach the $5,000 coin in after about 4 hours.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
GameQueen93
GameQueen93
  • Threads: 1
November 12th, 2020 at 6:58:37 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

The lower the stakes you play the less cash you will need to have. Play quarter single play for the least exposure. On quarters you shold reach the $5,000 coin in after about 4 hours.

The only thing that sucks is my play is at a much slower pace than others. I play 300 to 500 hands an hour sometimes, as I look up a hand on the hand analyzer on my phone if I'm unsure on a hand, and I like to think about a hand so I don't make mistakes. I do try to play faster when I can, but I sometimes miss very important holds if I'm going at lightning speed. But you're right, I think if I went down the 5 dollar route I would probably need 800 dollars or more, if there's a drought with the full houses and other important hands it really kills lol.

Now, if I did 3 or 5 hand multi VP at 1.25 per hand, would that smooth it out versus the higher limit? Or does the initial draw volatility make it the same or worse? It's been a while since I read all the literature on the variance and standard deviations and such.
  • Jump to: