7 votes (50%)
7 votes (50%)

14 members have voted

michael99000
michael99000 
  • Threads: 9
February 13th, 2019 at 1:10:30 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I think that any visual effects would be non permanent. But I would certainly do more research and consult with an ophthalmologist before agreeing.
Itís 720 hours. I think 3 million tax free is my number. Assuming no permanent eye damage.

My guess is youíd have to be very careful when you are first let out , in how you re-expose your eyes to light. Iím not an ophthalmologist but it would probably be best to have them covered in a way that you can then gradually expose them. Your sleep /wake cycle is also probably wrecked.

And I also believe thereís a point during the 30 days where it goes from getting more and more difficult mentally to easier and easier. Once Iím at say , 23 days, then I know Iím not leaving because the worst is over. This is assuming youíre able to somehow track time and days in there
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 158
February 13th, 2019 at 1:16:56 PM permalink
I think David Blaine would do it for less than 3 million.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
February 13th, 2019 at 1:25:19 PM permalink
I would do it for $150K.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 101
February 13th, 2019 at 2:00:56 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I would do it for $150K.

I think Billy is up for that bet.

Billy, you really think you could find 9 others willing to risk 300k?

Maybe I wasn't clear though..... I didn't say I'd risk 3million for the chance to make 3 million. What I said is for 3 million I would do it.

I wonder if MaxPen is saying the same thing as me, or if he is proposing an even money bet?
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
February 13th, 2019 at 2:36:05 PM permalink
I assumed it was an even money bet.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabsPokerGrinder
February 13th, 2019 at 2:38:00 PM permalink
Not for nothin', but this beats the hell out of McNuggets
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 153
February 13th, 2019 at 2:46:32 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I think Billy is up for that bet.

Billy, you really think you could find 9 others willing to risk 300k?

Maybe I wasn't clear though..... I didn't say I'd risk 3million for the chance to make 3 million. What I said is for 3 million I would do it.

I wonder if MaxPen is saying the same thing as me, or if he is proposing an even money bet?

While I'm sure I could find nine others, I'm pretty sure Lloyds would insure me for my original investment.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 13th, 2019 at 3:09:50 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

While I'm sure I could find nine others, I'm pretty sure Lloyds would insure me for my original investment.

I'm not sure what that means.... Lloyds would insure me for my original investment?
We must live in far different worlds..... The thought of me knowing 9 different people willing to risk $300k on an anonymous guy from the Internet sitting in a room for a month.....

It seems like MaxPen will take you up for $150k. You won't even need any investors.

By the way, not that it truly matters, the transfer of 3million to me would either result in taxes paid by you ( gift tax?) or by my (income?).

I realize there is a non zero chance I could fail (appendicitis as an example) so I would not risk 3million of my own money.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 153
February 13th, 2019 at 3:20:50 PM permalink
If I were holding a charity golf tournament and offered a million dollars for a hole in one on a certain hole, I'm not risking the million. I buy an insurance policy that pays off if someone does it. 99.999 times, they pocket the premium and don't pay off. Same thing here. I tried to get them to cover a Golden Tee tournament but it was one of the rare times they passed. You'd be winning a prize so taxes would be on you but you could easily spread the payments out to reduce taxes a bit.
If Max or anyone wants in, show me the money and we will make the ground rules.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 13th, 2019 at 3:43:21 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

If I were holding a charity golf tournament and offered a million dollars for a hole in one on a certain hole, I'm not risking the million. I buy an insurance policy that pays off if someone does it. 99.999 times, they pocket the premium and don't pay off. Same thing here. I tried to get them to cover a Golden Tee tournament but it was one of the rare times they passed. You'd be winning a prize so taxes would be on you but you could easily spread the payments out to reduce taxes a bit.
If Max or anyone wants in, show me the money and we will make the ground rules.

Funny story. I was playing in a charity golf tournament that had the hole in one challenge for a car, not an expensive one. It was 200 yards all over water. My foursome..... First guy hits it barely 100 yards way right so dry. I am right of him! Third guy in water. Fourth guy, a good golfer, hits it in the water..... Scramble rules..... We go to first guys ball... I jar it from from over 100 yards! There is an old lady sitting by the green who comes yelling at me "that doesn't count! That doesn't count!!" I told her it does count! It's a birdie!

I disagree that Lloyds would touch this type of bet.

I really hope you and MaxPen can actually make this bet happen!

• Jump to: