HopefulVPPro
HopefulVPPro
  • Threads: 1
December 6th, 2017 at 7:14:12 PM permalink
Hello everyone, I am a longtime lurker of the website and I finally decided to sign up.
Anyways, I have a question regarding progressive video poker machines.
At what point will getting a royal flush become a wash on a $1 8/5 progressive JoB machine? Meaning, at what point must I hit the royal before it is not worth the extra money and for the loss on getting full houses and flushes. Let us assume that the royal is worth 4500.
Thanks!
If you spend five minutes complaining, you have just wasted five minutes. If you continue complaining, it won't be long before they haul you out to a financial desert and there let you choke on the dust of your own regret. - Jim Rohn
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
HopefulVPPro
December 6th, 2017 at 7:30:48 PM permalink
Quote: HopefulVPPro

Hello everyone, I am a longtime lurker of the website and I finally decided to sign up.
Anyways, I have a question regarding progressive video poker machines.
At what point will getting a royal flush become a wash on a $1 8/5 progressive JoB machine? Meaning, at what point must I hit the royal before it is not worth the extra money and for the loss on getting full houses and flushes. Let us assume that the royal is worth 4500.
Thanks!

A good tool to answer your question is the Wizard's Video Poker Analyzer.

You may put in the 8/5 pay table and try various royal flush amounts.

When I put in $4500 for the royal into the analyzer I get a return of 97.5486%. And when I put in $8666, it gives a return of 100.0002%. (Of course, the analyzer assumes that you will vary your strategy as the royal payout varies.)
  • Jump to: