RichBuddy
RichBuddy
  • Threads: 1
October 18th, 2017 at 5:28:04 PM permalink
I was wondering if anyone was familiar with Frost and Fire Keno? Is this game beatable since it has a progressive feature? This game is offered at my local Racino. Its hard to figure out because it has bonus game features on it. For example, if you hit the first 2 numbers you go into a bonus round or if you hit the last 3 numbers you also go into a bonus round.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
October 18th, 2017 at 5:33:12 PM permalink
Listen to the Sept 28th episode of the Gambling With an Edge Podcast with guest “Mickey Crimm”.
RichBuddy
RichBuddy
  • Threads: 1
October 18th, 2017 at 5:45:15 PM permalink
Yeah, I heard that. That's what got me looking into this Keno game at my local Racino. I dont't have a solid understanding of Keno math, also the bonus rounds make it hard to evaluate.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
October 18th, 2017 at 6:25:47 PM permalink
Quote: RichBuddy

Yeah, I heard that. That's what got me looking into this Keno game at my local Racino. I dont't have a solid understanding of Keno math, also the bonus rounds make it hard to evaluate.

Keno math is simple if you visualize it right.

Look at it this way: suppose you have an N-spot ticket. This is equivalent to N of the 80 balls being red, and the other 80 - N being white.
There are a total of (80)C(20) (i.e. combin(80,20)) ways to draw 20 balls from the 80.
Of these, each combination that has K hits will have K red balls and 20 - K white balls.
There are (N)C(K) ways of having K red balls out of N, and (80-N) C (20-K) ways of having 20 - K white balls out of 80 - N.
The probability of exactly K hits on an N-spot ticket is (N)C(K) x (80-N)C(20-K) / (80)C(20).

One of these days, I'm going to get my Keno phone app up and running (choose the size of the ticket, then enter the payoffs, and it returns the expected return).
  • Jump to: