cbailey91
cbailey91
  • Threads: 1
December 4th, 2015 at 12:38:48 PM permalink
So ive been playing a bit of slots here lately, and ive noticed that most of the RTG slots have a "stop spin" function after the spin is initiated. Ive done some a messing around with it to see what, if anything, might change in terms of payout amount and payout frequency. I dont think ive noticed too much of a difference other than the fact that ones bankroll will probably deplete at a much higher rate.
that being said, does anyone know if there is a true advantage in using the Stop Spin function? or is it purely for the sake of time saving?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 4th, 2015 at 1:20:08 PM permalink
Quote: cbailey91

So ive been playing a bit of slots here lately, and ive noticed that most of the RTG slots have a "stop spin" function after the spin is initiated. Ive done some a messing around with it to see what, if anything, might change in terms of payout amount and payout frequency. I dont think ive noticed too much of a difference other than the fact that ones bankroll will probably deplete at a much higher rate.
that being said, does anyone know if there is a true advantage in using the Stop Spin function? or is it purely for the sake of time saving?

It's an illusion of control. The result of your spin was determined the split-second you pushed the "spin" button. All the rest is theater, except during some Bonus Rounds, a second spin or start or random picks will be further controlled by when you press that button/touch the screen.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
December 4th, 2015 at 1:32:11 PM permalink
Most land-based slots have the slam stop feature too. It's just for the sake of the impatient, it has nothing to do with determining the outcome.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
  • Jump to: