Crimsonole
Crimsonole
  • Threads: 1
November 17th, 2015 at 11:37:58 AM permalink
Can anybody tell me what the house edge is for Ultimate Texas Holdem when played optimally when the house only pays 100-1 for a Royal Flush? I know it is not likely, but i read somewhere that 1.5% of the house edge was the Royal Flush (500-1) payout. All other payouts are same, except they don't pay trips unless you beat the house.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
November 17th, 2015 at 12:11:03 PM permalink
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ultimate+texas+holdem+house+edge

...first link is the Wizards page on ultimate texas holdem: https://wizardofodds.com/games/ultimate-texas-hold-em/

...HE w/ 500-1 is 2.19%

...Simply change the odds on the Royal Flush entries and then you have your new house edge. Doesn't take much skill, just typing in to google =).
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
November 17th, 2015 at 1:39:23 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ultimate+texas+holdem+house+edge

...first link is the Wizards page on ultimate texas holdem: https://wizardofodds.com/games/ultimate-texas-hold-em/

...HE w/ 500-1 is 2.19%

...Simply change the odds on the Royal Flush entries and then you have your new house edge. Doesn't take much skill, just typing in to google =).

Sorry, Romes, but that's not really true. The Trips bet on the Wizard's page is based on being paid regardless of the dealer's hand. It's a whole other paytable when you must beat the dealer to get paid. Both the number of hands available change (lower), and with that the odds of getting them. I suspect it's a truly rancorous paytable if the place where he's playing does both to him. The only paytable I've seen like that offers higher values for the more common Trips win to make up for pushing ties (which happens more often than you'd think: in a single 90 minute session, I tied 4 times on that bet where elsewhere it would be paid).
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Crimsonole
Crimsonole
  • Threads: 1
November 17th, 2015 at 2:41:37 PM permalink
But what if I don't ever play the Trips? Is the house edge still the same even though in the remote chance i ever hit a Royal Flush, the Blind Bet will pay only 100-1 instead of 500-1. Everything else pays according to the paytable on the Wizard of Odds.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
November 17th, 2015 at 2:44:53 PM permalink
Then ignore the trips if you don't bet it.

Use a paytable for 100:1 on RF and leave all else the same.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
November 17th, 2015 at 3:16:47 PM permalink
Quote: Crimsonole

But what if I don't ever play the Trips? Is the house edge still the same even though in the remote chance i ever hit a Royal Flush, the Blind Bet will pay only 100-1 instead of 500-1. Everything else pays according to the paytable on the Wizard of Odds.

If you don't play the Trips bet, then what Romes said is correct, assuming the paytable matches on the other Blind pays. It does look like the Royal is responsible for approx. 1.5% of the HE, but you wouldn't lose all of that at 100-1, just approx. 4/5 of it, so I guess it costs you a little over 1%, ~1.2%.

However, as the Wizard says on his page, UTH is better calculated with Element of Risk, because the Ante/HE calculation is deceiving with the Blind and Play bets structured as they are. With your average bet a little over 4x the ante with optimal strategy, it really only costs you approx. 0.3% for the 100-1 paytable instead of 500-1.

IMO, not that bad.

Take a look at this page, especially the information between the tables, if you haven't already. And please excuse my approximations; corrections and more accurate info is welcome.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: