Nekrohol
Nekrohol
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 7
October 22nd, 2015 at 8:00:36 AM permalink
Hi, I live in Central America and the video poker machines here are different than the ones in the states I think. They do have dollar ones but I've never tried them. Here, you just put in whatever amount you want and whatever coins you make is what you will get. For example if I put in 100 pesos that will be my playing credit.

So over here you can bet anywhere from 1-20 coins, or 1-20 pesos, but I have noticed that in the states they don't really do that and the most they bet is 5 coins.

So my question is, how does playing 10 coins compare to playing 5 in my situation? Since I guess they pay less here, it's very hard to win anything betting 5, but with 10 it just feels a lot easier and faster. I wouldn't go anywhere past 10 because then I can lose too quickly.
Romes
Romes
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 5490
October 22nd, 2015 at 8:05:17 AM permalink
Hi Nekrohol, and welcome to the forums =).

It's really quite difficult to answer your question. We don't know anything about the game. Perhaps if you could post a pay table, showing what type of game it is (JoB, Deuces, DDB, STP, etc, etc, etc) and showing the payouts per hand we could give you a bit more information.

Off the top I can tell you betting more than 5 coin is "generally" not worth it, but I really can't say with ANY certainty without seeing your game/pay table/etc.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Nekrohol
Nekrohol
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 7
October 22nd, 2015 at 8:42:57 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

Hi Nekrohol, and welcome to the forums =).

It's really quite difficult to answer your question. We don't know anything about the game. Perhaps if you could post a pay table, showing what type of game it is (JoB, Deuces, DDB, STP, etc, etc, etc) and showing the payouts per hand we could give you a bit more information.

Off the top I can tell you betting more than 5 coin is "generally" not worth it, but I really can't say with ANY certainty without seeing your game/pay table/etc.



Thanks.

Well I generally play jacks or better and bonus poker, and next time I will go with bonus. I think it's 8/5 here, maybe 7/5, I'm not sure. They vary depending how many coins you will bet but I do think they have 8/5. I don't think they have 9/6, or even 8/6.

I know I will last more win 5 coins but like I said sometimes it's just very hard to get your credit up but with 10 it seems easier. Where I have experimented is in my video poker app but I don't know how this app is compared to the casino machine; I don't know if it's easier in the app.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 148
  • Posts: 18652
October 22nd, 2015 at 9:44:17 AM permalink
Quote: Nekrohol

Thanks.

Well I generally play jacks or better and bonus poker, and next time I will go with bonus. I think it's 8/5 here, maybe 7/5, I'm not sure. They vary depending how many coins you will bet but I do think they have 8/5. I don't think they have 9/6, or even 8/6.

I know I will last more win 5 coins but like I said sometimes it's just very hard to get your credit up but with 10 it seems easier. Where I have experimented is in my video poker app but I don't know how this app is compared to the casino machine; I don't know if it's easier in the app.

There are quite a few machines in Vegas that you can bet more than 5 credits even up to 100 coins. Many of the bars nowadays are 1 - 10. usually anything past 5 is just scaled up appropriately, you're just playing a higher denomination is all.

Who manufacturers the VP?Is it IGT? Are they new machines, old machines? There may be some interesting stuff especially if they have older machines.

Do they have a players card and run promotions? You may find some very good opportunities.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My older brother lives in Columbia(He lived in Vegas 87- 91 but he knows very little about gambling.

He asked me if there was anything he should look for where he could make some extra low risk money, because he's struggling while growing a "new" business and he teaches English (I sent him enough money already, technically I invested some but I just said that to make him feel better about the gift)

I had him walk though a few casinos and get close to the machines with a hidden video camera phone. It was hard to watch and he didn't get as close as I wanted, a better camera and job needs to be done.

They actually had some +EV games both new and old. I seen something interesting on Video poker, but not anything worth getting to exited about, however there's many more games and casinos to investigate.

They even had an interesting promotion where I felt he could free roll small hourly drawings( it's probably worth more than the average income there).

There was a must hit ready to pop where he could probably buy it. I told him to run, don't walk and see if it was still available but it wasn't.

He may be sitting on a gold mine especially with lack of competition and the casinos may have little experience with advantage players.

He's easily sidetracked and got discouraged so he never got around to following up. He's is waiting for me to visit and go with him scouting to show him what to do. He's probably going to be waiting a while.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
teddys
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5444
October 22nd, 2015 at 11:37:46 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

He's easily sidetracked and got discouraged so he never got around to following up. He's is waiting for me to visit and go with him scouting to show him what to do. He's probably going to be waiting a while.

Why not? Sounds like you might be able to find some short term opportunities, and Columbia Colombia is a great place to visit. (Very underrated destination IMO).

Edit: Don't get me into your spelling habits lol
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 148
  • Posts: 18652
October 22nd, 2015 at 11:55:13 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

Why not? Sounds like you might be able to find some short term opportunities, and Columbia is a great place to visit. (Very underrated destination IMO).

It's hard to find the time. I'm not someone interested in traveling unless I have a specific reason(3 round trips from Vegas to FL this month). I wouldn't go to places like France if it was free without a special reason. I'm just not interested and it sounds like a pain in the ass. I really dislike the perpetration and planning for traveling.

Me and my sisters talked about going to Columbia (she loves traveling) but she's always talking about doing stuff then backs out or changes her mind.

It's hard enough trying to find the time to visit my mom in the pacific northwest, a place I actually love and want to visit(even live)
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14230
October 22nd, 2015 at 1:45:27 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

Why not? Sounds like you might be able to find some short term opportunities, and Columbia Colombia is a great place to visit. (Very underrated destination IMO).

Edit: Don't get me into your spelling habits lol



I might be living retro to the '80s, even '90s, but I thought Colombia was not a good place (still) for Americans to visit as tourists. re: political issues, drug lords, attractive kidnapping targets, etc. Care to update me? Or validate that impression if it's correct?

I've traveled to about 30 countries so far, and am willing to visit more, but that's one I've avoided.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 96
  • Posts: 4480
October 22nd, 2015 at 3:03:59 PM permalink
Quote: Nekrohol

So my question is, how does playing 10 coins compare to playing 5 in my situation?


One thing you have not mentioned is, do the pay tables change more than proportionally after a certain number of coins?

Most VP machines in the USA that take five coins change the Royal Flush payout from 250 per coin to 800 per coin if you play five, which is why most people always play five.

If the payouts don't change more than proportionally (for example, if, when you play 20 pesos, all of the payouts are 20 times what they are with 1 peso), then it doesn't matter what you bet.
Nekrohol
Nekrohol
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 7
October 22nd, 2015 at 3:46:26 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

One thing you have not mentioned is, do the pay tables change more than proportionally after a certain number of coins?

Most VP machines in the USA that take five coins change the Royal Flush payout from 250 per coin to 800 per coin if you play five, which is why most people always play five.

If the payouts don't change more than proportionally (for example, if, when you play 20 pesos, all of the payouts are 20 times what they are with 1 peso), then it doesn't matter what you bet.



Well yes, of course they all change (except the Royal, I'm not sure about that one), that's why I said I find it easier to make more with 10 than 5. You make double.

I was once playing double double bonus with 10 coins and after like 5 hands I hit 4 4's, and it paid out 800 coins.

I should also say there's no membership or comps or anything like that here. That's why I think all of the ones who go play always double up. There is in the casinos in the capital, but I can't be going there on a regular basis.
Nekrohol
Nekrohol
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 7
October 22nd, 2015 at 5:43:09 PM permalink
Quote: Nekrohol

Well yes, of course they all change (except the Royal, I'm not sure about that one), that's why I said I find it easier to make more with 10 than 5. You make double.

I was once playing double double bonus with 10 coins and after like 5 hands I hit 4 4's, and it paid out 800 coins.

I should also say there's no membership or comps or anything like that here. That's why I think all of the ones who go play always double up. There is in the casinos in the capital, but I can't be going there on a regular basis.



I just confirmed it and yes the Royal goes up as well, so if you bet 20 pesos you get 16,000 coins, but 16,000 pesos are around $584. One peso here is around $27.4.

I will just try with 5 next time but double up often, see what happens.

  • Jump to: