LAD
LAD
  • Threads: 21
May 25th, 2015 at 11:26:59 AM permalink
New to the Forum

As I become better acclimated to playing BJ.. I've started to use the A,5 count to enhance my chances. Yes I know that this isn't the most effective method but for a senior getting his feet wet its a good starting point..

1. The Wizard says to double your bet up to your pre set maximum ( lets say 8x minimum).

Does this mean regardless of whether you lose or win the previous hand ?

Always keep on doubling ? What does one do if maximum bet limit is hit ?

Only go back to minimum when the count is less than plus 2 ?

2. Does the A,5 count have any effectiveness against a CSM ?

3. When using A,5 count is it better to go one on one with the dealer ?

Thanks for any advice
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
May 25th, 2015 at 2:53:06 PM permalink
Quote: LAD

New to the Forum

As I become better acclimated to playing BJ.. I've started to use the A,5 count to enhance my chances. Yes I know that this isn't the most effective method but for a senior getting his feet wet its a good starting point..

1. The Wizard says to double your bet up to your pre set maximum ( lets say 8x minimum).

Does this mean regardless of whether you lose or win the previous hand ?

Always keep on doubling ? What does one do if maximum bet limit is hit ?

Only go back to minimum when the count is less than plus 2 ?

3. When using A,5 count is it better to go one on one with the dealer ?

Thanks for any advice

Welcome, LAD! So glad you joined! You've been a member almost a week. How do you like it so far?

1. Yes, if the count calls for it. Winning or losing the previous hand has no bearing on the next bet.

2.No, unless the dealer waits several hands to return the cards to the machine. Even then I think it would be guessing.

3.Playing heads up will yield more hands per hour which is what a counter playing at an advantage strives for. Are you playing at an advantage, LAD?

Type ace,5 count into the search at the top of this page to see several threads on the subject. If you are going to get serious about counting, I'm sure some of us could offer you some alternatives to ace,5.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
May 25th, 2015 at 4:04:50 PM permalink
I was actually using this for a little while and did decent with it. One thing I was never sure of is if I was doing it as intended. I was never sure what my bet should actually be. Say on a hand I was at +1 and betting 1 unit. Next hand it shoots to +6, should I now have a max bet out or should it be 2 units? Say next hand is now +9, again should it be 4 units or max bet? I was never sure and they way wizard wrote his page on it, it wasn't clear to me. I started a similar thread a while back and got almost no help.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
May 25th, 2015 at 4:44:14 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I was actually using this for a little while and did decent with it. One thing I was never sure of is if I was doing it as intended. I was never sure what my bet should actually be. Say on a hand I was at +1 and betting 1 unit. Next hand it shoots to +6, should I now have a max bet out or should it be 2 units? Say next hand is now +9, again should it be 4 units or max bet? I was never sure and they way wizard wrote his page on it, it wasn't clear to me. I started a similar thread a while back and got almost no help.

I never used it so I can't relate any table experience with this count. I understand it the way you do. As long as the count is +2 or higher you keep doubling your bet until you reach your predetermined max. You could reach that max at as little as +2 and you could have a smaller bet up at a higher count.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
LAD
LAD
May 28th, 2015 at 9:54:28 AM permalink
Thanks BB for the reply.
Plenty of info on this forum about all things gambling and otherwise..
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
May 28th, 2015 at 11:38:02 AM permalink
Quote: LAD

CSMs - Contrinuous Shuffling Machines - shuffle after every hand.

Card counting only works when multiple rounds are played between shuffles.

Card counting works because by observing what cards have been removed from play, we can infer what may happen in future rounds of play, and take advantage of those moments when the advantage slightly shifts in the favor of the players. If those played cards are promptly shuffled back into play, the advantage doesn't shift to the player based on deck composition.
May the cards fall in your favor.
LAD
LAD
June 6th, 2015 at 10:21:13 AM permalink
Once again thanks to all who replied.

Hope you will indulge my asking just a few more questions which arose from a recent gambling trip ..

BJ tables...... higher stacks ( 50/100 ) only dealing 2 or 3 decks from a shoe.

Dealer S17.....surrender allowed.

However the dealer will not show his ( her ) burn card..

How do you ,( if you can) use the A,5 count ?

Do you start with zero because in the long run the burn card may or may not be an A,5 or another card and the # of Aces or fives in the decks are equal anyway? Or do you play conservative and because you don't know the burn card presume its an Ace and start your count at -1 ?

Hope I made this clear..

Thanks
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 6th, 2015 at 10:37:30 AM permalink
It does not matter if they don't show the card. Just assume it is part of the shoe that gets cut off. Of course if they show it to you then it may help but it really doesn't matter.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
LAD
LAD
June 6th, 2015 at 8:07:09 PM permalink
Thanks GWAE
  • Jump to: