Thread Rating:

Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
August 27th, 2014 at 9:05:39 PM permalink
Quote: Switch

Phew!!! Read the title and thought you had found a flaw in my game :-)




Go back to your fish and chips, all is well here in the colonies.

I read once that the sun never sets on the British Empire. I guess not even God can trust an Englishman in the dark.

See you at G2E.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14232
August 27th, 2014 at 9:09:55 PM permalink
Quote: Switch

Phew!!! Read the title and thought you had found a flaw in my game :-)



lol...naw, Switch, you're perfect as always. Just a new guy who wouldn't know the connection.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
NowTheSerpent
NowTheSerpent
Joined: Sep 30, 2011
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 417
August 27th, 2014 at 10:39:43 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Yeah, that's the reason. Lot's of casinos have this same rule. Bet on Pass, but not Don't Pass. Etc. Read the fine print.



Wait a sac. You're expecting the casino to understand the math? That's just crazy talk.



That's why I just tear up offers like that and throw them away and tell those jack-asses to take me off their mailing list. And, yes, I do expect professionals to understand at least what I understand about what they do. And why exactly is it a good thing that casinos have policies that insult me by not making sense? I don't need casinos run by corporate kids in order to be happy, and the more I read stories like this, the less I feel that Vegas is some "magical Mecca" to ever bother to visit.
NowTheSerpent
NowTheSerpent
Joined: Sep 30, 2011
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 417
August 27th, 2014 at 10:43:36 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

I read once that the sun never sets on the British Empire.



That was when they had India and Hong Kong.
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
August 27th, 2014 at 10:50:23 PM permalink
You mean they don't. OMG who is gonna break the news to Switch ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
August 27th, 2014 at 11:00:23 PM permalink
Quote: NowTheSerpent

That's why I just tear up offers like that and throw them away and tell those jack-asses to take me off their mailing list. And, yes, I do expect professionals to understand at least what I understand about what they do. And why exactly is it a good thing that casinos have policies that insult me by not making sense? I don't need casinos run by corporate kids in order to be happy, and the more I read stories like this, the less I feel that Vegas is some "magical Mecca" to ever bother to visit.



So if someone offers you a few grand you are going to turn it down because they are not good at math?
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
August 27th, 2014 at 11:01:24 PM permalink
Quote: NowTheSerpent

That was when they had India and Hong Kong.



Nope. Still true, just barely.

https://what-if.xkcd.com/48/
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 87
  • Posts: 5158
August 27th, 2014 at 11:03:00 PM permalink
Quote: Switch

Phew!!! Read the title and thought you had found a flaw in my game :-)



Gotta tell you it was my favorite at G2E 2013. Nice job!

Actually inspirational to see a game that can offer such a low edge. Though I've heard it has been tightened here and there.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 19995
August 27th, 2014 at 11:21:33 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Quote: NowTheSerpent

That's why I just tear up offers like that and throw them away and tell those jack-asses to take me off their mailing list. And, yes, I do expect professionals to understand at least what I understand about what they do. And why exactly is it a good thing that casinos have policies that insult me by not making sense? I don't need casinos run by corporate kids in order to be happy, and the more I read stories like this, the less I feel that Vegas is some "magical Mecca" to ever bother to visit.



So if someone offers you a few grand you are going to turn it down because they are not good at math?

No.

However, there are people who know dam well the will never get a good offer, they don't know how to without losing far more then the offers are worth. usually its the older curmudgeonly type crowd that have this view.

I don't know NowTheSerpent's situation or why he dislikes casino offers. There are always a few exceptions.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
NowTheSerpent
NowTheSerpent
Joined: Sep 30, 2011
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 417
August 28th, 2014 at 3:29:12 AM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Quote: NowTheSerpent

That's why I just tear up offers like that and throw them away and tell those jack-asses to take me off their mailing list. And, yes, I do expect professionals to understand at least what I understand about what they do. And why exactly is it a good thing that casinos have policies that insult me by not making sense? I don't need casinos run by corporate kids in order to be happy, and the more I read stories like this, the less I feel that Vegas is some "magical Mecca" to ever bother to visit.



So if someone offers you a few grand you are going to turn it down because they are not good at math?



They're not good at math but should be, and they penalize me because I actually am. It's insulting.

  • Jump to: