justsomename
justsomename
Joined: May 15, 2014
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 7
May 15th, 2014 at 12:05:03 PM permalink
Hello,

Perhaps the question I have has been answered already, but I was unable to find it. I have been playing at a casino for half a year now, I was happy playing there (I play mostly blackjack), but all of the sudden my allowed table limits where down to a max of EUR 30 bet size, whereas it used to be EUR 2000 lately (as a VIP player). I asked for a clarification, but they say they have the right to do so and also the right not to provide details on the decision. This leaves me completely in the dark as to what I may have done wrong. I am unaware of violating anything. Also, why would this be in the interest of a casino? I mean, as a customer I might just quit playing and use another casino. I don't know if this is relevant, but my bet sizes roughly ranges from EUR 50 to EUR 500 depending on my mood and I like to play with some form of progression (I know this is not changing the house edge, it is just the way I like to play, I guess we all have a way of playing/betting we personally feel comfortable with).

I am new to this forum, so please be patient with me. I hope the above is not a silly question, it might be my unfamiliarity with the gaming industry.

BR
justsomename
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 20040
May 15th, 2014 at 12:08:03 PM permalink
Quote: justsomename

Hello,

Perhaps the question I have has been answered already, but I was unable to find it. I have been playing at a casino for half a year now, I was happy playing there (I play mostly blackjack), but all of the sudden my allowed table limits where down to a max of EUR 30 bet size, whereas it used to be EUR 2000 lately (as a VIP player). I asked for a clarification, but they say they have the right to do so and also the right not to provide details on the decision. This leaves me completely in the dark as to what I may have done wrong. I am unaware of violating anything. Also, why would this be in the interest of a casino? I mean, as a customer I might just quit playing and use another casino. I don't know if this is relevant, but my bet sizes roughly ranges from EUR 50 to EUR 500 depending on my mood and I like to play with some form of progression (I know this is not changing the house edge, it is just the way I like to play, I guess we all have a way of playing/betting we personally feel comfortable with).

I am new to this forum, so please be patient with me. I hope the above is not a silly question, it might be my unfamiliarity with the gaming industry.

BR
justsomename

Are you winning ? They might think you are counting.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
sodawater
sodawater
Joined: May 14, 2012
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 3321
May 15th, 2014 at 12:12:57 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Are you winning ? They might think you are counting.



I'd assume the casino shuffles every hand so it's probably not this, right?
MangoJ
MangoJ
Joined: Mar 12, 2011
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 905
May 15th, 2014 at 12:14:52 PM permalink
Which casino is it, just to be warned ?
chrisr
chrisr
Joined: Dec 9, 2013
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 141
May 15th, 2014 at 12:36:33 PM permalink
I think an online casino has to worry about hackers finding ways to gain an advantage. There will be a different degrees of paranoia. They could devise a system that will catch more "cheaters" at the cost of falsely restricting more non-cheaters. Or they could have a more lax system that lets some "cheaters" get away, but it will not falsely restrict as many people.

Winning, betting large amounts, and varying your bets erratically might set off some red flags and a more paranoid system might label you as suspect.
justsomename
justsomename
Joined: May 15, 2014
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 7
May 15th, 2014 at 12:45:13 PM permalink
I am not playing against a live dealer, but just online blackjack, so the cards are based on RNG's. About winning. Well, the first couple of months I was winning nicely, but at some point I was turning a couple of losing streaks into something much worse than needed (by acting stupid) and I ended up in the red. Then, I was winning nicely and steady again up to the point where I basically erased my loss. After that the mentioned decision to lower my table limits substantially.

The above in reply to sodawater and axelwolf.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
May 15th, 2014 at 12:45:16 PM permalink
If you are playing with an advantage, then they obviously limited you because you are playing with an advantage.

If you are not playing with an advantage, then never forget that you are the customer and you are doing them a favor by playing there, not the other way around. If you don't like the new terms, cash out and take your business elsewhere. I'm sure that a lot of places would be very happy to have someone who wishes to play at your stakes.
justsomename
justsomename
Joined: May 15, 2014
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 7
May 15th, 2014 at 12:58:37 PM permalink
Quote: chrisr

I think an online casino has to worry about hackers finding ways to gain an advantage. There will be a different degrees of paranoia. They could devise a system that will catch more "cheaters" at the cost of falsely restricting more non-cheaters. Or they could have a more lax system that lets some "cheaters" get away, but it will not falsely restrict as many people.

Winning, betting large amounts, and varying your bets erratically might set off some red flags and a more paranoid system might label you as suspect.



Sometimes I do bet erratically (putting in larger bets a couple of times to try and erase losses). I guess this is typical (sometimes stupid :)) gambling behavior being annoyed with a losing streak. In the end, with the house edge, it will make only things worse for you as a player. I would think this to be one of the most typical stupid gambling behavior there is around rather than that it should raise red flags.

Anway, you are saying an online casino might have let's say detection software which might have raised a red flag. Perhaps you're right and that I am just unlucky.
justsomename
justsomename
Joined: May 15, 2014
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 7
May 15th, 2014 at 1:01:21 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

If you are playing with an advantage, then they obviously limited you because you are playing with an advantage.

If you are not playing with an advantage, then never forget that you are the customer and you are doing them a favor by playing there, not the other way around. If you don't like the new terms, cash out and take your business elsewhere. I'm sure that a lot of places would be very happy to have someone who wishes to play at your stakes.



English is not my native language. I understand in general what the word advantage means, but in this context, can you give an example of an advantage. I mean, with a house edge, how can it be possible to play with an advantage?
justsomename
justsomename
Joined: May 15, 2014
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 7
May 15th, 2014 at 1:07:44 PM permalink
Quote: MangoJ

Which casino is it, just to be warned ?


I prefer to not mention the casino yet, since I have a substantial amount of money on my account there and they have a limit per month on withdrawals. If things don't get resolved, I don't see any other option than to cash out and play somewhere else, but due to the limit per month, it's going to take a few months to cash out. Even if things get resolved, there is anyway a hard lesson I have learned, namely that it is not very smart to have too much money on an account, because part of my money is sort of stuck there for a while now. I can tell you, with what's going on right now, that definitely does make me nervous.

  • Jump to: