ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
April 6th, 2010 at 3:21:44 PM permalink
Let's say I stay at the Excalibur, but end out doing the majority of my gambling at Mandalay or NYNY. Can I then ask for my Excalibur room to be comped or do they act as separate entities even though they're both MGM?

Extra question: I'm on a low budget, planning on staying during a Tuesday night. What would be a nice place to stay that's on the strip, cheap, with a good location? I'd like to stay under 60-70. I know and have utilized all of the wizard's tools, just looking for opinions. I've done NYNY and Tuscany, I think I'd prefer something on the southern part of the strip.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
gambler
gambler
April 6th, 2010 at 3:28:02 PM permalink
When I stayed at the Manadalay Bay, I did have some action at other other MGM properties. My total action was reviewed by my host. However, it should be noted that over 50% of my action was at the Mandalay Bay.

As for your second question, the Exalibur or the Luxor would probably work for you. I would guess that they would be cheaper then the NYNY for a week night.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
April 6th, 2010 at 3:32:02 PM permalink
Get to the Luxor, Excalibur and NYNY websites right now. If you subscribe to their mailing list, they0ll send you a link for booking a stay with 25% off.

That said, look up trip packages on Expedia, Orbitz and other travel sites. You may get great rates.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
ahiromu
ahiromu
April 6th, 2010 at 3:41:42 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Get to the Luxor, Excalibur and NYNY websites right now. If you subscribe to their mailing list, they0ll send you a link for booking a stay with 25% off.

That said, look up trip packages on Expedia, Orbitz and other travel sites. You may get great rates.

I'm already on them, a friend who goes to UNLV told me that as the first thing to do - it really is the first piece of advice anyone should get about a Vegas trip.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 6th, 2010 at 3:42:02 PM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

Extra question: I'm on a low budget, planning on staying during a Tuesday night. What would be a nice place to stay that's on the strip, cheap, with a good location? I'd like to stay under 60-70. I know and have utilized all of the wizard's tools, just looking for opinions. I've done NYNY and Tuscany, I think I'd prefer something on the southern part of the strip.

Tropicana.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Roghaltz
Roghaltz
  • Threads: 0
April 6th, 2010 at 5:16:46 PM permalink
You might also consider Hotwire. You won't know the hotel name til you book, but it will probably be 3 stars or more for your budget (depending on when you are traveling).

I haven't used it in LV, but use it all the time in NJ (i travel 2x per month to NJ for work). It's been great.I often book the day I arrive in central NJ and get either the Westin or Hyatt for $75-$85/night.
calwatch
calwatch
  • Threads: 13
April 6th, 2010 at 9:20:24 PM permalink
You can always check the Better Bidding Forum as members have gotten good at decoding the amenity listings and determining the hotels being sold.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
April 7th, 2010 at 7:03:08 AM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

I'm already on them, a friend who goes to UNLV told me that as the first thing to do - it really is the first piece of advice anyone should get about a Vegas trip.

No, the first piece of advice is: things are a lot farther away than they seem, so wear comfortable shoes.

Why? because whether or not you get a good price for your hotel, you're going to walk a lot.

Oh, Montecarlo also has the 25% off promo.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
April 7th, 2010 at 9:44:25 AM permalink
There are two ways to get rates below published rates:

(1) Get a players card and sign up to their mailing lists. As much as people hate Harrah's, they always send out offers for very low rates on hotel rooms for their properties for only a little bit of play. Their comps while you are there completely suck however, but they market their rooms for virtually nothing at the Imperial Palace or Ballys.

(2) If you fly to Vegas, book a flight-hotel package. For example, on Southwest, you could book the flight directly to Vegas and book the hotel separately or have three nights included at Ballys for $40 more. On a previous stay at the Wynn, four nights (including weekend nights) cost about $350 when booked as part of a flight package, about $420 under the published rate. I think Southwest is the only airline who will discount their flight slightly with the hotel. Because Southwest carries about 37% of total passenger traffic to Vegas and more than 5 times as much traffic than any other single airline, they seem to get the best deals.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
April 7th, 2010 at 11:33:18 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

As much as people hate Harrah's, they always send out offers for very low rates on hotel rooms for their properties for only a little bit of play. Their comps while you are there completely suck however, but they market their rooms for virtually nothing at the Imperial Palace or Ballys.

Agreed, mostly. As a low-roller, I probably haven't gotten more than a hundred dollars or so of direct comps ever at Harrah's properties. And that includes my time at Harrah's Tunica last month, where at checkout I got $60 off a 2-night bill that originally was a discounted $80+tax. For me the mailers and the on-line rates for signed-in Total Rewards members is where the benefit is. Late this month, I will spend three nights (26-28th) at the Rio for $45/night. List rate for those nights on their web site is currently $145, $140, and $100. I have stayed at Bally's several times at low rates. However, the last few promos that I have received have Bally's priced the same as Harrah's and Flamingo, while it has usually been priced lower in the past. Any idea why they have changed this? I have never stayed at IP, mostly because of negative reviews and my own negative vibes in and around the place.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
April 7th, 2010 at 12:11:55 PM permalink
I just got back from Ballys with a comped rate for all three nights we were booked. Sometimes the price on the total rewards web site will be lower than the mailer rate. I use my wife's companion card as well to get the $0 rate. The $20 trick works with Ballys and you'll (probably) get upgraded from the South Tower to the North or you'll get a much better room in the South Tower. My play at Total Rewards is absolutely minimal. In fact, when I checked out of Ballys, after a good session of Blackjack, Switch, Craps, Pai Gow poker, and slot play (totalling about 10 hours), they took a whopping $3 off our our bill.

The last time I played at a Harrah's resort was in January 2009 when we stayed at the Paris.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
ahiromu
ahiromu
April 7th, 2010 at 12:59:11 PM permalink
Thank you everyone for your responses. I have booked a one day stay at excalibur for a total of 300. Airfare is tough for me since only alaska and southwest fly direct. I refuse to double my time in the air and stop in LA just to save 20.
  • Jump to: