Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
April 2nd, 2012 at 11:04:54 AM permalink
Last trip, in 2010, I found a well-stocked Borders bookstore at Town Square. But Border's gone kaput, so does anyone know of a bookstore that's reasonably accessible by bus? A barnes and Noble or B. Dalton would be great.

Also, any tips on cookware or kitchenware stores? I vaguely remember one at an outlet mall, but that might have been elsewhere. I'm looking for a real wok and a good set of kitchen knives, foremost, but also a candy thermometer and whatever else might tickle my fancy.

Thanks.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
April 2nd, 2012 at 11:25:55 AM permalink
My wife and I have made purchases in kitchenware stores in both the Las Vegas Outlet Mall on S. Las Vegas Blvd. south of I-215 and the Las Vegas Premium Outlets Mall, off W. Charleston Blvd. adjacent to I-15. I don't remember the names of the shops, but the malls probably have store directories on line.

I've never looked for a bookstore in Las Vegas.
Nareed
Nareed
April 2nd, 2012 at 11:27:53 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

My wife and I have made purchases in kitchenware stores in both the Las Vegas Outlet Mall on S. Las Vegas Blvd. south of I-215 and the Las Vegas Premium Outlets Mall, off W. Charleston Blvd. adjacent to I-15. I don't remember the names of the shops, but the malls probably have store directories on line.

Thanks! I've been to both malls, and had planned to go there again this year. I'll ransack the online directory.

Quote:

I've never looked for a bookstore in Las Vegas.

I know it's other types of books that are popular in vegas ;)
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
April 2nd, 2012 at 12:51:32 PM permalink
The only Barnes & Noble in the area appears to be at Maryland Crossing Shopping Center on Flamingo & S Maryland; take the 202 bus east from the Strip, or the 109 south from downtown.
Nareed
Nareed
April 4th, 2012 at 7:42:42 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

The only Barnes & Noble in the area appears to be at Maryland Crossing Shopping Center on Flamingo & S Maryland; take the 202 bus east from the Strip, or the 109 south from downtown.

Thank you. And my apologies for not replying sooner. The thread kind of got lost among the general activity.

I know bookstores are a dying breed. I used to shop at Amazon, and then at Powells.com, but the shipping rates make them a bit too expensive.
Nareed
Nareed
May 4th, 2012 at 8:42:11 AM permalink
Ok, rather than start a new thread, I'll highjack my own :)

I'm plannning to get a pre-paid cell phone to use in Vegas. Does anyone know if I can also buy a pre-paid gizmo for accessing the internet through the cell network? We have such thigns here in Mexico both on rental plans and on pre-pay. It's a small cell phone modem, essentially, that you hook up to a USB port or an SD card slot.
  • Jump to: