No votes (0%)
3 votes (9.09%)

33 members have voted

Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
June 13th, 2011 at 11:32:45 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

You could ask her to bring tinfoil to sneak out some fried chicken in her purse. That would be a way to make the magic last. Afterwards you could play blackjack on the bar and see if you can break even and score some complimentary drinks.

Oh man, paco that is classic... bahahahahaha
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Kayday
Kayday
  • Threads: 3
June 14th, 2011 at 6:32:03 AM permalink
For me it depends on who's in the rest of the group. I'm happy to be the leader when I'm with people who are open minded and excited just to be trying someplace different.

When I'm with folks who I know are going to complain about anything they haven't chosen themselves (i.e. inlaws) I keep my mouth shut and follow the leader.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
June 14th, 2011 at 6:40:23 AM permalink
Quote: Kayday

When I'm with folks who I know are going to complain about anything they haven't chosen themselves (i.e. inlaws) I keep my mouth shut and follow the leader.

Such is one of the cons of being a leader or diplomat. As has been noted, I think many enablers are that way to retain their right to complain. As a diplomat, when that happens I'm quick to respond, "If you don't like this restaurant you should have voted for another one." Leaders can't say that, because they don't call for votes.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
gog
gog
  • Threads: 5
June 14th, 2011 at 9:03:10 AM permalink
On every first date ive been on the girl at least offered to split the check. Sometimes I oblige, if it was truly enjoyable i'll insist on paying. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the girls i meet have arms, legs, their own means of making a living, and do not wish to be purchased.
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
  • Threads: 21
June 14th, 2011 at 3:10:02 PM permalink
Quote: gog

On every first date ive been on the girl at least offered to split the check. Sometimes I oblige, if it was truly enjoyable i'll insist on paying. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the girls i meet have arms, legs, their own means of making a living, and do not wish to be purchased.

I think most decent girls will offer but I don't think many actually expect to have to pay half. Personally it offends me a little bit if they don't offer however under no circumstances will I let them.
EvenBob: "Look America, I have a tiny wee-wee, can anybody help me?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 14th, 2011 at 3:33:32 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Someone not looking forward to a second date. The subtext and implications are horrendous, too, beyond the price and lack of service.

I wouldn't go on a second date with a woman who was offended at going to a buffet on a first date. I'm a buffet kind of guy, I hate waiting for food in a sit down restaurant. What you all are saying is you want to fool the woman into thinking you're somebody your not, by taking her to an expensive candle lit joint, to make her think that you're a high roller, when inside you're all wound up wondering if she's going to offer to pay for half of it. Its all fake phoney baloney nonsense. If you can't be who you are from the git go, whats the point.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
June 14th, 2011 at 5:22:12 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

What you all are saying is you want to fool the woman into thinking you're somebody your not, by taking her to an expensive candle lit joint, to make her think that you're a high roller, when inside you're all wound up wondering if she's going to offer to pay for half of it. Its all fake phoney baloney nonsense. If you can't be who you are from the git go, whats the point.

Well, in that case, just suggest going to her place and she can cook dinner for the first date.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
June 14th, 2011 at 9:20:49 PM permalink

I wouldn't go on a second date with a woman who was offended at going to a buffet on a first date. I'm a buffet kind of guy, I hate waiting for food in a sit down restaurant. What you all are saying is you want to fool the woman into thinking you're somebody your not, by taking her to an expensive candle lit joint, to make her think that you're a high roller, when inside you're all wound up wondering if she's going to offer to pay for half of it. Its all fake phoney baloney nonsense. If you can't be who you are from the git go, whats the point.

I think you're right... especially on the first date, hey, if you feel the need to fart, just let one rip. Who cares? You're just being yourself. Don't worry about holding back on the alcohol consumption there either, or you can just tell her straight up you're an alcoholic and that you do blow when the mood strikes. And I'm sure she'll feel better when you assure her that although you frequent asian massage parlors, you don't do anything unprotected so she has nothing to worry about as far as STD's go.

(This is my attempt at being funny. Let me make it clear that this is not intended as a personal insult. Hopefully someone gets a laugh out of this, I'm just being sarcastic.)
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 14th, 2011 at 9:32:00 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

I think you're right... especially on the first date, hey, if you feel the need to fart, just let one rip. Who cares? You're just being yourself. Don't worry about holding back on the alcohol consumption there either, or you can just tell her straight up you're an alcoholic and that you do blow when the mood strikes. And I'm sure she'll feel better when you assure her that although you frequent asian massage parlors, you don't do anything unprotected so she has nothing to worry about as far as STD's go.

So you agree, dating is fake and should be encouraged. You're exaggerating for effect, but what you're saying is, fake it as long as possible. Lead the person to believe you're someone your not, until you hook them.

Good luck with that..
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
June 14th, 2011 at 10:03:56 PM permalink

Good luck with that..

Good luck with total honesty.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
June 14th, 2011 at 10:22:21 PM permalink
I think I would be a diplomatic dictator. I often will say I don't care as long as it isn't restaurant X,Y or Z.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 14th, 2011 at 10:33:48 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Good luck with total honesty.

I'm always honest when I meet new people, it pays off in the long run. Being phoney is way too much work and ends up biting you, why bother.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
June 14th, 2011 at 10:41:03 PM permalink

What you all are saying is you want to fool the woman into thinking you're somebody your not, by taking her to an expensive candle lit joint, to make her think that you're a high roller, when inside you're all wound up wondering if she's going to offer to pay for half of it.

A buffet is about eating a lot of food for relatively little money, and not having to wait for the waiter. I think you would want a first date to be a little different than a routine face stuffing.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 14th, 2011 at 10:51:24 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

I think you're right... especially on the first date, hey, if you feel the need to fart, just let one rip. Who cares?

I don't know. If the guy's a jerk, wouldn't you rather find out in the first date rather than later? I mean, if he can't understand what a gesture is or what it's worth, the sooner you know about it the better.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 15th, 2011 at 12:21:45 AM permalink

A buffet is about eating a lot of food for relatively little money, and not having to wait for the waiter. I think you would want a first date to be a little different than a routine face stuffing.

Its about eating a lot if you're a fricking slob. Its about food selection if you're not. I go to buffets because if I want a little Chinese and a little Italian, I can do that. I suppose people go too overdo it, I can't imagine why. Unless your 15..
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
June 15th, 2011 at 12:41:56 AM permalink

That's NOT why I go to buffets at all. I go for the wide variety of healthful options. Tiny portions of 40 things does my body good, especially the salad bar, compared to what I eat the rest of the week. $10 for a hamburger? Naw, I'll do $10 buffet instead.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
June 15th, 2011 at 12:53:52 AM permalink
I took my neighbor once (we weren't dating but she was single) and I had all this buffet credit to get rid of anyway.

She's pretty tiny. So, she ate like a cherry tomato.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
June 15th, 2011 at 1:39:01 AM permalink

Its about eating a lot if you're a fricking slob. Its about food selection if you're not. I go to buffets because if I want a little Chinese and a little Italian, I can do that. I suppose people go too overdo it, I can't imagine why. Unless your 15..

99% of buffets are low quality crap. Wynn, Aria, Bellagio, M...I would go to those buffets (never on a date) but otherwise the food is not good enough no matter how cheap it is.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 15th, 2011 at 2:09:25 AM permalink
Quote: JimMorrison

99% of buffets are low quality crap. Wynn, Aria, Bellagio, M...I would go to those buffets (never on a date) but otherwise the food is not good enough no matter how cheap it is.

Good god, I would never take a first date to a Vegas buffet. There are nice buffets, you know, just not in Vegas. Its not that the food is bad, its the fat rude touristy clientele. There's a great Mongolian buffet here where you select your meat and veggies from a huge buffet and they cook it in front of you on a giant griddle thats 6 feet across. Lots of fun.

JimMorrison
JimMorrison
June 15th, 2011 at 2:47:39 AM permalink

Good god, I would never take a first date to a Vegas buffet. There are nice buffets, you know, just not in Vegas. Its not that the food is bad, its the fat rude touristy clientele. There's a great Mongolian Buffet here where you select your meat and veggies from a huge buffet and they cook it in front of you on a giant skillet thats 6 feet across. Lots of fun.

Well I live in Vegas lol. And I disagree, the food is bad at majority of Vegas buffets
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
June 15th, 2011 at 7:34:59 AM permalink

I'm always honest when I meet new people, it pays off in the long run. Being phoney is way too much work and ends up biting you, why bother.

That's wonderful that you value honesty, and I value it more than anything in ANY type of relationship (friendship or otherwise), but we all have skeletons in our closets and no one wants to be bombarded up front with all the bad details. No one's talking about being "phoney", as you put it. It's about being polite and putting your best foot forward to start.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
  • Jump to: