onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
November 15th, 2017 at 10:07:22 PM permalink
Man does that show need to end or get more episodes in a season. This year has been totally awful. Maybe those boys can't concentrate and focus when they don't have as much to do, seems like they blew it as soon as the seasons got shorter. Does it really suck or have I wandered out of their target age demo? Assuming 85% here are older than me, might be tough to find the answer, since most here are over 50, if not dead already.
I am a robot.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 16th, 2017 at 2:02:36 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Man does that show need to end or get more episodes in a season. This year has been totally awful. Maybe those boys can't concentrate and focus when they don't have as much to do, seems like they blew it as soon as the seasons got shorter. Does it really suck or have I wandered out of their target age demo? Assuming 85% here are older than me, might be tough to find the answer, since most here are over 50, if not dead already.

You can color me dead, then. Though the friend we lost last week was just 40.

If anything, the creators are probably spread too thin. They're doing other shows, movies, etc. and it may be on autopilot.

Or maybe they're being overcome by events. America has been so ludicrous the past couple years, with new heights of crude, lewd, and insulting diatribes reached every week or two. Which WAS their wheelhouse.

Where do they have left to go?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
November 16th, 2017 at 2:10:51 AM permalink
I had no idea that show was still on. Probably haven't seen an episode in 7 years.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
November 16th, 2017 at 4:56:04 AM permalink

have I wandered out of their target age demo?

I think this is what applies to me. Well, that and the fact that I got rid of cable several years ago.

It was appointment TV when the show first came out, but I began to lose interest after a while. I don't think I have seen an episode since they killed off Chef.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 16th, 2017 at 5:01:30 AM permalink
They killed off Chef??!

Waahhhhhhhh...
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
November 16th, 2017 at 5:09:32 AM permalink
in Season 10.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
SM777
SM777
  • Threads: 6
November 16th, 2017 at 6:41:32 AM permalink
This is news to me they are making new episodes. Wow.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
November 16th, 2017 at 7:05:28 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

They killed off Chef??!

Waahhhhhhhh...

Supposebly the voice actor got offended from one of the episodes and decided to quit, as the legend goes. IIRC, it was the Scientology episode, but don't quote me on that.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
November 16th, 2017 at 7:08:05 AM permalink
I think they (or, as Lisa claims on The Simpsons, "Trey (Parker) does everything") painted themselves into a corner when they made Mr. Garrison President.

I for one think the whole Eric / Heidi storyline is what has been dragging the show down.
standbymyman
standbymyman
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
November 16th, 2017 at 8:02:05 AM permalink

No comment - I'm dead already.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
November 16th, 2017 at 8:59:26 AM permalink
Last Christmas I decided to binge watch the boys from Colorado. The earlier seasons up to Imaginationland were brilliant. But just like any series that goes on too long, the shows got less and less funny. Big Bang Theory for example is now a waste of time getting progressively worse as time goes on, as is the Simpsons, Family Guy, and the later seasons of anything.

I'm streaming Breaking Bad now. Now that is a series.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
November 22nd, 2017 at 9:40:19 PM permalink
I thought the last couple seasons of South Park blew chunks, but this current season is a bit better in my opinion.

South Park always had subtle political or social commentary, but I feel that it’s been way too in your face in recent seasons. It’s not that I agree/disagree with whatever point they are trying to make, it’s just that I never went to South Park for any sort of insightful commentary. I used to love the show purely for the absurdly stupid, raunchy comedy.

I miss the simplier days of woodland critter blood orgies, chef’s salty chocolate balls, and Kenny huffing cat piss to get high. Now, for whatever reason, Matt and Trey feel the need to put their political $0.02 front and center above everything else, and it’s just not as good.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
November 22nd, 2017 at 9:53:31 PM permalink
I haven't watched it regularly in years. So....

Screw you guys, I'm going home 👉👉
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
November 23rd, 2017 at 4:48:00 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

I think they (or, as Lisa claims on The Simpsons, "Trey (Parker) does everything") painted themselves into a corner when they made Mr. Garrison President.

I for one think the whole Eric / Heidi storyline is what has been dragging the show down.

They made Garrison President? Wow.

I havent regularly watched in several years. I have caught a few episodes of Eric/Heidi, and I agree that should end ASAP.

And as for the OP, I'm 37, so don't think I'm too old for it yet.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
November 23rd, 2017 at 12:52:20 PM permalink
In honor of South Park and Thanksgiving, enjoy!

https://youtu.be/GLJ1OJuUXfM
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
  • Jump to: