JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 223
January 11th, 2014 at 6:48:08 AM permalink
1) Well clearly whether or not Christie was aware of the shenanigans (and I sure his staff was smart enough to keep him out of the loop), the environment / culture in HIS office was such that top advisors thought it was OK to do this.

2) I would suggest penalties of $ 2 per hour per car for the unnecessary delays the perpetrators caused. Maybe this could be donated to the United Way or the Public Transit Authority.

Illegal Bridge Closing Article
Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
January 11th, 2014 at 6:55:32 AM permalink
Uh oh, somebody started a thread about the Christie bridge scandal.
Now all the conservatives will be up in arms on this board.
Its the prevailing opinion on this board by conservatives that libs are not allowed to attack a repub till they attack Obama.
The attacks are coming.
Their argument will go something like "Obama has done a lot worst" to try to change the subject.
The conservatives playbook on this board is, don't defend, attack.

Here it comes. Let me get out the popcorn lol
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1374
January 11th, 2014 at 6:55:39 AM permalink
I've seen lane closures for no apparent reason lots of times. Maybe I got there between closing the lanes and the work crew arriving, but now I'm skeptical if this isn't the first time this has happened.

Quote: terapined

Yep. I've yet to hear a conservative say anything positive about McCain or Romney. Only attacks on Obama.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 224
January 11th, 2014 at 6:59:39 AM permalink

Their argument will go something like "Obama has done a lot worst" to try to change the subject.

Obama is old news.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
January 11th, 2014 at 7:07:15 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Obama is old news.

Thanks for the link AZ,
Slight miscalculation on my part of my quote "don't defend, attack"
You are following the conservative playbook exactly as I predicted.
Don't defend Christie, attack a democrat.
Thanks AZ.

By the way, no comment on my love for the tea party helping to elect democrats.
You thought I was against the tea party. I LOVE the tea party.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 11th, 2014 at 7:39:49 AM permalink

Uh oh, somebody started a thread about the Christie bridge scandal.
Now all the conservatives will be up in arms on this board.
Its the prevailing opinion on this board by conservatives that libs are not allowed to attack a repub till they attack Obama.
The attacks are coming.

Here it comes. Let me get out the popcorn lol

I've already said in another thread that I think this needs to be fully investigated as should all allegations of misdeeds.

This scandal, however it ends up, hurts the Republicans and deflects attention from the other issues of the day...and it should, to an extent. It could be good if it spells the end of Christie in the election IF other bad things are going to come out and disrupt the process later. Instead of sorting him out as unqualified then, we can get it done now (if that is the case).

There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Republicans or Democrats who abuse power in service to a particular "boss" should be weeded out; politicians who create a culture of abuse of power should not be elected. It is pretty simple but it actually takes us (the electorate) caring enough to find out more about every candidate and then holding them to a high standard as they move up in office. Most power abusers have been doing it since they were elected dog catcher the first time...

Again, investigations as necessary (by independent folks) all around!!!
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 11th, 2014 at 7:51:14 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I've seen lane closures for no apparent reason lots of times. Maybe I got there between closing the lanes and the work crew arriving, but now I'm skeptical if this isn't the first time this has happened.

Of course not. And for anyone the least bit familiar with the ignorance and incompetence of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, it is in no way a surprise that the bistate agency was continuing its insane program of conducting traffic surveys during the busiest hours at its toll booths.
Quote:

I've yet to hear a conservative say anything positive about McCain or Romney.

Romney's ethics are above reproach, as borne out by the fact that all the scurrilous and baseless attacks against him and his family have fallen flat on their face. As for McCain, no one can doubt his commitment to his country.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 224
January 11th, 2014 at 7:52:44 AM permalink

Obama is old news.

Thanks for the link AZ,
Thanks AZ.

Right, we know how Democrats defend Obamacare and other liberal policies and don't ever attack Bush or the Tea Party, right?

Deserves a **facepalm**
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 11th, 2014 at 7:54:06 AM permalink

Obama is old news.

Thanks for the link AZ,
Thanks AZ.

Right, we know how Democrats defend Obamacare and other liberal policies and don't ever attack Bush or the Tea Party, right?

Deserves a **facepalm**

They have tried to blame Obamacare on everyone else, too!!!
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
January 11th, 2014 at 8:16:14 AM permalink
What's up with Christie's morbid obesity? He could have closed all lanes on the bridge just by standing there......something ain't right with the dude
Each day is better than the next

• Jump to: