JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 263
January 11th, 2014 at 6:48:08 AM permalink
1) Well clearly whether or not Christie was aware of the shenanigans (and I sure his staff was smart enough to keep him out of the loop), the environment / culture in HIS office was such that top advisors thought it was OK to do this.

2) I would suggest penalties of $ 2 per hour per car for the unnecessary delays the perpetrators caused. Maybe this could be donated to the United Way or the Public Transit Authority.

Illegal Bridge Closing Article
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 11th, 2014 at 6:55:32 AM permalink
Uh oh, somebody started a thread about the Christie bridge scandal.
Now all the conservatives will be up in arms on this board.
Its the prevailing opinion on this board by conservatives that libs are not allowed to attack a repub till they attack Obama.
The attacks are coming.
Their argument will go something like "Obama has done a lot worst" to try to change the subject.
The conservatives playbook on this board is, don't defend, attack.

Here it comes. Let me get out the popcorn lol
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 11th, 2014 at 6:55:39 AM permalink
I've seen lane closures for no apparent reason lots of times. Maybe I got there between closing the lanes and the work crew arriving, but now I'm skeptical if this isn't the first time this has happened.

Quote: terapined

Yep. I've yet to hear a conservative say anything positive about McCain or Romney. Only attacks on Obama.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
January 11th, 2014 at 6:59:39 AM permalink

Their argument will go something like "Obama has done a lot worst" to try to change the subject.

Obama is old news.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
terapined
terapined
January 11th, 2014 at 7:07:15 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Obama is old news.

Thanks for the link AZ,
Slight miscalculation on my part of my quote "don't defend, attack"
You are following the conservative playbook exactly as I predicted.
Don't defend Christie, attack a democrat.
Thanks AZ.

By the way, no comment on my love for the tea party helping to elect democrats.
You thought I was against the tea party. I LOVE the tea party.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 11th, 2014 at 7:39:49 AM permalink

Its the prevailing opinion on this board by conservatives that libs are not allowed to attack a repub till they attack Obama.
The attacks are coming.

I've already said in another thread that I think this needs to be fully investigated as should all allegations of misdeeds.

This scandal, however it ends up, hurts the Republicans and deflects attention from the other issues of the day...and it should, to an extent. It could be good if it spells the end of Christie in the election IF other bad things are going to come out and disrupt the process later. Instead of sorting him out as unqualified then, we can get it done now (if that is the case).

There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Republicans or Democrats who abuse power in service to a particular "boss" should be weeded out; politicians who create a culture of abuse of power should not be elected. It is pretty simple but it actually takes us (the electorate) caring enough to find out more about every candidate and then holding them to a high standard as they move up in office. Most power abusers have been doing it since they were elected dog catcher the first time...

Again, investigations as necessary (by independent folks) all around!!!
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 11th, 2014 at 7:51:14 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I've seen lane closures for no apparent reason lots of times. Maybe I got there between closing the lanes and the work crew arriving, but now I'm skeptical if this isn't the first time this has happened.

Of course not. And for anyone the least bit familiar with the ignorance and incompetence of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, it is in no way a surprise that the bistate agency was continuing its insane program of conducting traffic surveys during the busiest hours at its toll booths.
Quote:

I've yet to hear a conservative say anything positive about McCain or Romney.

Romney's ethics are above reproach, as borne out by the fact that all the scurrilous and baseless attacks against him and his family have fallen flat on their face. As for McCain, no one can doubt his commitment to his country.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 11th, 2014 at 7:52:44 AM permalink

Obama is old news.

Thanks for the link AZ,
Thanks AZ.

Right, we know how Democrats defend Obamacare and other liberal policies and don't ever attack Bush or the Tea Party, right?

Deserves a **facepalm**
RonC
RonC
January 11th, 2014 at 7:54:06 AM permalink

Obama is old news.

Thanks for the link AZ,
Thanks AZ.

Right, we know how Democrats defend Obamacare and other liberal policies and don't ever attack Bush or the Tea Party, right?

Deserves a **facepalm**

They have tried to blame Obamacare on everyone else, too!!!
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
January 11th, 2014 at 8:16:14 AM permalink
What's up with Christie's morbid obesity? He could have closed all lanes on the bridge just by standing there......something ain't right with the dude
Each day is better than the next
terapined
terapined
January 11th, 2014 at 8:49:57 AM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

What's up with Christie's morbid obesity? He could have closed all lanes on the bridge just by standing there......something ain't right with the dude

The cover of the New Yorker magazine hears you. Check it out.

http://gothamist.com/2014/01/10/new_yorker_cover_takes_on_bridgegat.php
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
January 11th, 2014 at 8:51:28 AM permalink
Make Christie walk in a bikini on the Revel beach as punishment.
I am a robot.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 11th, 2014 at 8:52:50 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Make Christie walk in a bikini on the Revel beach as punishment.

Make that a speedo and see who dares to look.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
January 11th, 2014 at 9:02:11 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Make that a speedo and see who dares to look.

Of course there are no speedos big enough to fit this guy. He would have to go to tent store and fashion himself a speedo.
Each day is better than the next
terapined
terapined
January 11th, 2014 at 9:04:57 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Republicans or Democrats who abuse power in service to a particular "boss" should be weeded out; politicians who create a culture of abuse of power should not be elected. It is pretty simple but it actually takes us (the electorate) caring enough to find out more about every candidate and then holding them to a high standard as they move up in office. Most power abusers have been doing it since they were elected dog catcher the first time...
Again, investigations as necessary (by independent folks) all around!!!

I totally agree. Great points. This really isn't a left right issue. Its an issue of corruption by abusing power. Its done by Repubs. Its done by Dems.
When corruption is exposed, regardless if done by somebody on the left or right, it need to be condemned by everybody regardless of where you sit on the political spectrum.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 11th, 2014 at 9:28:35 AM permalink

I totally agree. Great points. This really isn't a left right issue. Its an issue of corruption by abusing power. Its done by Repubs. Its done by Dems.
When corruption is exposed, regardless if done by somebody on the left or right, it need to be condemned by everybody regardless of where you sit on the political spectrum.

But if Russ Limbaugh followed your advice, he would lose 90% of his listeners. Or more !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
tournamentking
tournamentking
  • Threads: 2
January 11th, 2014 at 9:36:36 AM permalink
Notice how fast Holder jumped on this, and how he won't investigate Obama's multiple scandals. May get lost in all the minutia now, but history will destroy our first black president as a corrupt failure.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
January 11th, 2014 at 9:39:46 AM permalink

Deserves a **facepalm**

+1

It's hilarious how indignant the "Blame Bush" crowd is acting. :D
Fighting BS one post at a time!
terapined
terapined
January 11th, 2014 at 9:47:12 AM permalink
Quote: tournamentking

Notice how fast Holder jumped on this, and how he won't investigate Obama's multiple scandals. May get lost in all the minutia now, but history will destroy our first black president as a corrupt failure.

Read the 2nd post in this thread. I predicted your post tournamentKing. You walked right into it. I nailed it baby. Thanks.

I can predict the future. Too bad gambling isn't this easy.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 11th, 2014 at 9:49:19 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Romney's ethics are above reproach, as borne out by the fact that all the scurrilous and baseless attacks against him and his family have fallen flat on their face. As for McCain, no can doubt his commitment to his country.

Good points, thank you. Can't argue with those merits of the two men.
terapined
terapined
January 11th, 2014 at 10:05:40 AM permalink

Obama is old news.

Thanks for the link AZ,
Thanks AZ.

Huh??? I love the tea party. The tea party is very good for the country. Cmon AZ, you already know that due to reading my posts.
I know this is a bit unethical on the internet but here goes
I LOVE THE TEA PARTY.
Can you hear me now? Sorry for the all caps but trying to make you get it. cool?
They give a voters a very clear choice. Say Reid vs Angle, no similarities there. Voters have a choice between 2 completely different candidates.
I would love to see more tea party candidates run for senator. It helps the Dems. Get it? cmon. You are a smart guy. I know you get it.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 11th, 2014 at 10:07:24 AM permalink
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Someone's turning into s2rapined. :D
RonC
RonC
January 11th, 2014 at 10:17:51 AM permalink

Read the 2nd post in this thread. I predicted your post tournamentKing. You walked right into it. I nailed it baby. Thanks.

I can predict the future. Too bad gambling isn't this easy.

In order to avoid saying anything about Dems/Liberals, we'd have to ignore everything they've screwed up. Your prediction was bound to come true, of course, kind of like predicting that Dems/Liberals will make a much bigger deal out of Bridgegate than they do out of....you name the issue.

I'm not sold on your skills as a prognosticator based on this terrible example of predicting the absolute obvious!!

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 11th, 2014 at 10:18:29 AM permalink
What buffoons.... I'm going to 'punish' you by increasing traffic!!!! I can't wait to find out what the next scandalous 'punishment' was! No snow plows during a storm? Extra sobriety checkpoints near enemies houses? Closing firehouses in heavily democrat districts? Etc.....
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 11th, 2014 at 10:22:24 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

In order to avoid saying anything about Dems/Liberals, we'd have to ignore everything they've screwed up. Your prediction was bound to come true, of course

That's where s2rapined is mistaken. No one is defending Christie here. In fact, I can't stand the guy.

But when s2rapined and his buddies bring up Bush, they do so to change the subject and DEFEND Obama. We bring up Obama not to defend Christie but to point out liberal hypocrisy. HUGE difference.

Are you listening s2rapined? :D
anonimuss
anonimuss
January 11th, 2014 at 11:01:04 AM permalink
Christie fired a bunch of high level staffers immediately. Now,obama...let's see. Four Americans allowed to die in Benghazi for a perceived political gain. Using the IRS as a political arm of the democratic party to suppress the republican party and try and steal elections down the road. Spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a website an 8th grader with a ten year old version of FrontPage could outdo. How many fired so far? Zero. How many promoted so far? More than zero promoted. Comparing a pathologically lying, America hating, never accomplished anything in his life, clueless "community organizer" who doesn't understand how businesses, governments or the world operate to a man who successfully governed a state with a majority of it's population comprising the opposite political spectrum...very good comparison.

And, btw, I don't like Christie either. I do, however, like facts.
terapined
terapined
January 11th, 2014 at 11:14:48 AM permalink
Quote: anonimuss

Christie fired a bunch of high level staffers. Now,obama...let's see. Four Americans allowed to die in Benghazi for a perceived political gain. Using the IRS as a political arm of the democratic party to suppress the republican party and try and steal elections down the road. Spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a website an 8th grader with a ten year old version of FrontPage could outdo. How many fired so far? Zero. How many promoted so far? More than zero promoted. Comparing a pathologically lying, America hating, never accomplished anything in his life, clueless "community organizer" who doesn't understand how businesses, governments or the world operate to a man who successfully governed a state with a majority of it's population comprising the opposite political spectrum...very good comparison.

And, btw, I don't like Christie either. I do, however, like facts.

Wow, pretty angry. A repub screws up , it makes the news, people are talking about it and anonimuss goes absolutely bonkers on a anti-Obama rant. Chill out dude.
Back on topic. WTF is a traffic study? This keeps getting mentioned in the story. It just seems so absurd. Gee, lets see what happens when we close a lane.
I just dont get it. Traffic gets backed up. You need a study to to figure that out. Hmm, lets study how far backed up traffic can get if we block a lane during rush hour. Just seems so absurd. Cant these studies be done on computer models?
B9 tagged me as stupid. Maybe I am asking a stupid question but dont appreciate being called stupid. B9 is an intelligent person, hopefully he just had a senior moment calling me stupid.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 11th, 2014 at 11:41:17 AM permalink

Back on topic. WTF is a traffic study? This keeps getting mentioned in the story. It just seems so absurd. Gee, lets see what happens when we close a lane. I just dont get it. Traffic gets backed up. You need a study to to figure that out. Hmm, lets study how far backed up traffic can get if we block a lane during rush hour.

The Port Authority of NY and NJ has to conduct major studies and retreats to decide when to go the restroom. Witness the debacle of the construction schedule to replace the World Trade Center.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 11th, 2014 at 11:53:44 AM permalink

B9 tagged me as stupid. Maybe I am asking a stupid question but dont appreciate being called stupid. B9 is an intelligent person, hopefully he just had a senior moment calling me stupid.

What are you talking about? I didn't call you "stupid". I called you "s2rapined". It's no different from saying "gr8varmenti".

s2rapin: STEW - ruh - pin

Yes, I know, it's not an actual word, but that's because "s2" isn't an actual word.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
January 11th, 2014 at 12:10:07 PM permalink
Some of you guys on this site SEEM like decent, normal, adult individuals, but then you get into a political discussion and all sense of decency flies out the window and you resort to name calling one another like 3rd graders. Furthermore, Christie's weight. Really? Yes, Gov Christie is an obese man, with weight issues. So what? The only reason this should ever be mentioned is in a discussion as to whether it effects his health to the point that he can not do his job or the job that he has his sights set on. I am a liberal and I feel attacking Gov Christies weight is out of bounds. And by the way, or maybe weigh(t), if you bother to look, Gov Christie has lost significant weight in the last 10 months since his weight loss surgery. Probably in the neighborhood of 80 lbs. It's not completely obvious because he is still significantly overweight and has a long way to go, but if you look at side by side pictures of him now compared to a year ago, it is quite a difference and I congratulate him on that.

Now as for the bridge deal. He says he didn't know about it. That it was those under him. I personally find that hard to believe, and those that know him, say it is very out of character for him to not know everything that is going on with his staff, that they all are required to clear everything with him. He also has a history of this type of bullying, 'pay back' mentality, such as was shown with the Rutgers professor incident, where he cut funding for projects that professor was working on. But, until it is proved otherwise, I give him the benefit of doubt.

As for the Tea Party. I too love the Tea Party! Sharon Angle, Christine O' Donnell (witchcraft), Ken Buck, Todd Akins (legitimate rape), Richard Mourdock. These Tea party senate candidates all lost senate seats that where almost certain to be won by the republicans. They all beat more moderate republican candidates that were almost guaranteed to win the general election. And in the case of Mourdock, beat a republican incumbent senator (lugar). Lugar wouldn't have lost his seat in a general election to a democrat in a hundred years. So by having the tea party guy beat him, and then lose the general election, they gave away a seat they already held. lol I mean, just imagine the senate today, if it weren't for the Tea Party. Five more senate seats would be republican and the republicans would be in control. McConnell would be senate leader and Reid wouldn't even be IN the senate. Yeah Tea Party! Thank you. :-)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 11th, 2014 at 12:13:57 PM permalink

They give a voters a very clear choice. Say Reid vs Angle, no similarities there. Voters have a choice between 2 completely different candidates.
I would love to see more tea party candidates run for senator. It helps the Dems. Get it? cmon. You are a smart guy. I know you get it.

And Reid came within a whisker of being voted out. Behind in the polls until the last minute the consensus was that his ground team got out the vote better than Angle who as a Tea Party candidate did not get the same effort from the establishment GOP. Think about that, the Senate Majority Leader in a Blue State almost got knocked off where he probably should have won by 10-15 points.

As the Tea Party keeps maturing the candidates will only get stronger. Then maybe we can have a choice between those who prefer hard work and those who want "the wealth spread around." I think you may not like getting what you wished for.

Soon, when little Susie's mom gets told that she has to get dressed in the locker room with a boy who "identifies as a girl" the Tea Party will look a whole lot more middle of the road and the Democrats more extremist.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 11th, 2014 at 12:18:18 PM permalink
I think folks on the east cost must not be bothered by unnecessary traffic jams. Take in point getting through Baltimore on the I-95. There are three ways you can go over/under the bay -- the 95, 695, or 895. On all of them you have to pay a toll in both directions. When I lived there this caused backups during rush hour, lasting about ten minutes per car.

Here is an idea I've been suggesting for 22 years -- remove the toll booths in one direction and double the fare in the other. Aside from some cheapskates who will drive the long way around the Beltway, revenue will remain the same and you cut down the traffic jams by 50%. Not to mention a 50% savings in labor. Never once did I ever hear anyone suggest this my ten years in Baltimore.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 11th, 2014 at 12:24:24 PM permalink

Here is an idea I've been suggesting for 22 years -- remove the toll booths in one direction and double the fare in the other. Aside from some cheapskates who will drive the long way around the Beltway, revenue will remain the same and you cut down the traffic jams by 50%. Not to mention a 50% savings in labor. Never once did I ever hear anyone suggest this my ten years in Baltimore.

Some places do this. The PA Turnpike form Mars to the Ohio Line is free west but you pay east, the few exits between are always free. IIRC The Verrazano Bridge has been this way for years. The only issue I see is there might need to be a good bit of construction to re-route things right which may or may not work out in the local topography.
terapined
terapined
January 11th, 2014 at 12:25:49 PM permalink

And Reid came within a whisker of being voted out. Behind in the polls until the last minute the consensus was that his ground team got out the vote better than Angle who as a Tea Party candidate did not get the same effort from the establishment GOP. Think about that, the Senate Majority Leader in a Blue State almost got knocked off where he probably should have won by 10-15 points.

Right on AZ. I totally agree. If Reid ran against anyone else, such as say, hmm, well how about Mickey Mouse. Yea, there is no way Reid could beat a mouse. Mickey Mouse would have crushed Reid. Just about any Republican in Nevada would have beat Reid. Reid was a real weak candidate. He simply lucked out running against Sharon Angle. The Tea party made sure Reid won his seat back. Thank goodness for the tea party.
I LOVE THE TEA PARTY.
Of course your candidates will get stronger, I don't think its possible to get worse. lol
I am very curious, who's the next tea party candidate you are supporting? Just want to know who is helping the Dem side out.
kewlj
kewlj
January 11th, 2014 at 12:28:11 PM permalink
The four major bridges in the Phila area, Walt Whitman, Ben Franklin, Commadore Barry and Besty Ross, all are pay only one way bridges. I thought that was the norm. But really why should you have to pay a toll on bridges or roads? Didn't you already pay with tax dollars to build the bridge road? Isn't that simply paying twice?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 11th, 2014 at 12:30:10 PM permalink

Right on AZ. I totally agree. If Reid ran against anyone else, such as say, hmm, well how about Mickey Mouse. Yea, there is no way Reid could beat a mouse. Mickey Mouse would have crushed Reid. Just about any Republican in Nevada would have beat Reid. Reid was a real weak candidate. He simply lucked out running against Sharon Angle. The Tea party made sure Reid won his seat back. Thank goodness for the tea party.
I LOVE THE TEA PARTY.
Of course your candidates will get stronger, I don't think its possible to get worse. lol
I am very curious, who's the next tea party candidate you are supporting? Just want to know who is helping the Dem side out.

I will ask again if you would state some positions of the Tea Party you are against and why.

And before you start, rape is not a position of the Tea Party. Though little boys using the girls bathroom is a position of the Democrats, at least in CA.

So please, lets hear some issues you dislike.
kewlj
kewlj
January 11th, 2014 at 12:42:35 PM permalink
The Tea party started out being a coalition of republicans, democrats and independents that favored smaller government. And that's not a bad idea and one that some democrats also would have embraced. But then, the far right republicans quickly took over the Tea Party and it quickly became nothing more than the far right section of the republican party. The religious right. The Christian Coalition. Same wing of the party, that has gone by different names over the years. But the rebranding provided a new energy and they were able to flex their muscles in the 2010 midterms. That was the high point. They have been in decline ever since.

And the real republican party, those that know what it takes to govern, now see what a problem the Tea Party has become. The effects of this, short lived 'tea party' energy will pay negative consequences for the republicans for years to come. They may not be able to win a national election (presidency) for decades.
terapined
terapined
January 11th, 2014 at 12:46:12 PM permalink
deleted due to insults by beethoven 9th
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 11th, 2014 at 12:53:24 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Some of you guys on this site SEEM like decent, normal, adult individuals, but then you get into a political discussion and all sense of decency flies out the window and you resort to name calling one another like 3rd graders.

If you're talking about "s2rapined", that's not name-calling at all. If anything, s2rapined should be flattered that he's being compared to his BFF s2dbaker.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 11th, 2014 at 12:53:37 PM permalink

Huh???? I LOVE THE TEA PARTY.
I am against raising the Minimum wage to 15/hr B9 knows this. We discussed this in a previous thread.
I am for B9 eating as much trans fats as possible. Lets do a eating trans fats challenge and I'll video tape b9 going to town on trans fats.
B9 knows I support B9 gorging himself on trans fats. Again we discussed this in a previous thread.
I support term limits.(just saw this on Rand Pauls wiki site. not sure its a tea party issue but we both support term limits.)
I support Rand Pauls position on drone useage. I supported his filibuster on this important issue.
I love the tea party.

In other words you cannot or else just refuse to give an intelligent answer. I will just chalk down what you are about then.

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 11th, 2014 at 12:57:22 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

The four major bridges in the Phila area, Walt Whitman, Ben Franklin, Commadore Barry and Besty Ross, all are pay only one way bridges.

Same with the (San Francisco) bay area. Why can't they understand this concept in Maryland?

Regarding the suggestion to get rid of the tolls both ways and increase the gas tax enough to compensate for the lost revenue -- I agree 100%.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 11th, 2014 at 12:58:34 PM permalink

Same with the (San Francisco) bay area. Why can't they understand this concept in Maryland?

simple answer IMHO:

"NIH"
kewlj
kewlj
January 11th, 2014 at 1:01:19 PM permalink

Too much crab cake in their diet?

Maybe because Maryland, although separate from Wash DC, is just too close in vicinity. That aroma of 'gridlock', and lack of common sense, is spilling over. Lol
tournamentking
tournamentking
January 11th, 2014 at 1:22:34 PM permalink

The attacks are coming.

Sorry to have to break it to you. That's what's called out-of-the-box-damage-control. It's what whacky liberals do whenever they see the hammer coming their way. Does Susan Rice bring back any unfond memories?
terapined
terapined
January 11th, 2014 at 1:41:02 PM permalink
deleted due to insults by beethoven 9th
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 11th, 2014 at 2:06:58 PM permalink

Regarding the suggestion to get rid of the tolls both ways and increase the gas tax enough to compensate for the lost revenue -- I agree 100%.

Never happen. Would put hundreds of people out
of work and all that cash would stop rolling in. You
don't think all the cash goes to where it's supposed
to, do you.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 11th, 2014 at 2:39:24 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

to, do you.

Excepting the post above cash should be the same. Workers would be same too just all working on one side.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 11th, 2014 at 3:13:11 PM permalink

Excepting the post above cash should be the same. Workers would be same too just all working on one side.

I was talking about raising the gas tax
and getting rid of tolls.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 11th, 2014 at 3:28:16 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

to, do you.

That tax income would be the same. As I said raise the gas tax by enough pennies to compensate for the lost toll revenue. If you're saying people will cheat on the gas tax -- how?
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 11th, 2014 at 4:12:17 PM permalink

That tax income would be the same. As I said raise the gas tax by enough pennies to compensate for the lost toll revenue. If you're saying people will cheat on the gas tax -- how?

I'm saying the people who are cheating on
the cash coming in now will never allow it
to go away. God only knows how many
pockets all that money goes into and
what position they're in.
  • Jump to: