carlpers
carlpers
  • Threads: 1
February 18th, 2011 at 2:27:01 AM permalink
I have often wondered if the choices given to slot players (in the bonus part of games such as Lobster Mania, Shrimpmania, Jackpot Party and Jackpot Block Party) are real (in the sense that by making one choice you will get a different result than when selecting another choice) or whether the game already knows before you make your choices how much you are going to win, and the game then plays with you until you reach the pre-determined win amount. This question has troubled me for years, and I would like to know whether my choices make any difference or not. To put it another way, is the amount of the win (on the bonus game) determined through the random number generator, or is determined by the choices made by the player?
Many thanks.
Carl Person
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
  • Threads: 17
February 18th, 2011 at 6:24:03 AM permalink
By the player, and this is a fact.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
February 18th, 2011 at 8:08:48 AM permalink
Quote: carlpers

I have often wondered if the choices given to slot players (in the bonus part of games such as Lobster Mania, Shrimpmania, Jackpot Party and Jackpot Block Party) are real (in the sense that by making one choice you will get a different result than when selecting another choice) or whether the game already knows before you make your choices how much you are going to win, and the game then plays with you until you reach the pre-determined win amount. This question has troubled me for years, and I would like to know whether my choices make any difference or not. To put it another way, is the amount of the win (on the bonus game) determined through the random number generator, or is determined by the choices made by the player?
Many thanks.
Carl Person

For a standard RNG-driven slot game (e.g. class III), the values in the pickfield are selected from a predefined set of values and randomly arranged. It is the player's selection which determines the ultimate value of the bonus. In short, yes, your choices matter in that if you had picked a different spot, you would have received a different award.

This isn't true for a central-determinant system such as the New York lottery where a bonus round is simply another way of displaying the award which was determined at the central server.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
dm
dm
  • Threads: 14
February 18th, 2011 at 8:59:46 AM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

For a standard RNG-driven slot game (e.g. class III), the values in the pickfield are selected from a predefined set of values and randomly arranged. It is the player's selection which determines the ultimate value of the bonus. In short, yes, your choices matter in that if you had picked a different spot, you would have received a different award.

This isn't true for a central-determinant system such as the New York lottery where a bonus round is simply another way of displaying the award which was determined at the central server.

Try pushing the spin button during the bonus. If it stops the bonus and displays the win amount you have your answer. If it doesn't,
you still don't know. I personally think most are predetermined, or, at the least, fake amounts are revealed in the non-chosen boxes.
  • Jump to: