EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
December 2nd, 2010 at 1:24:56 PM permalink
Quote: Headlock

In the TV show My Three Sons, what were the sons' names?

Larry Moe and Curly Joe
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
joenunz
joenunz
  • Threads: 6
December 2nd, 2010 at 2:34:30 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Chuck? He went off to college, no?

yes and yes!
Insurance is closed.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
December 2nd, 2010 at 4:03:49 PM permalink
It is well known that the Stratosphere tower is the tallest structure in Las Vegas, but what is second?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
December 2nd, 2010 at 4:36:10 PM permalink

It is well known that the Stratosphere tower is the tallest structure in Las Vegas, but what is second?

My first guess would be the Fontainbleau skeleton. (I said Echelon in my initial ooops. Can't keep these things straight.) If you are only interested in the elevation at the top, then perhaps the KLVX-TV tower (or one of the others) on top of that hill out near Henderson might be the highest close to the heavily-developed regions of the metro area.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
December 2nd, 2010 at 4:43:54 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

My first guess would be the Fontainbleau skeleton. (I said Echelon in my initial ooops. Can't keep these things straight.) If you are only interested in the elevation at the top, then perhaps the KLVX-TV tower (or one of the others) on top of that hill out near Henderson might be the highest close to the heavily-developed regions of the metro area.

Very good Doc. The Fontainbleau is next at 735 feet. See this site for the top 10
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Doc
Doc
December 2nd, 2010 at 5:26:35 PM permalink

Very good Doc. The Fontainbleau is next at 735 feet. ...

I must confess that I looked at one of my Las Vegas photos from two years ago and picked out the tallest thing I could find.

With that in mind, I need to ask for advice as to where to take a photo from. That's a bit off topic, so rather than side track the thread, I'll start another one.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
December 2nd, 2010 at 5:32:21 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I know, but will game someone else the pleasure. I will not be able to die in peace until I now what happened to him.

You would think by now someone would have found the actor and used him in a commercial campaign. Until the early 1990s I found less than half the people you talked to rememberd "Chuck" but now most everyone does. But no one knows the actor. So why not get him in some ads for say AMEX Card and how you get treated well even if no one knows who you are.

Hey AMEX-you can have my quit-claim to this idea if you clear my balance!
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
December 2nd, 2010 at 5:37:04 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I thought Gilligan somehow sabotaged the fixing of the boat. In one of the early black & white episodes they were trying to glue the holes shut. After they let the glue dry they were ready to board the Minnow, but then the boards started to fly off, and landed all over the beach. This was decades ago that I saw it, but I think Gilligan was in charge of preparing the glue, and he put in too much water, or a wrong ingredient, or something. Can anyone help here?

By the way, my father is a real Ph.D. scientist, and would occasionally overhear as the professor tried to explain some scientific principle. This was easy to do, as I watched the show a lot in my childhood. This would always send my father off on a rant about the scientific errors in whatever he said. Once I quoted something the professor said to my father and my dad remarked, "the professor is a quack!"

They did indeed try to re-launch it and Gilligan did mess up the glue somehow. In a later episode it was again mentioned in passing.

TV seems to have changes a little since then I think. Granted GI was a comedy, but they say all the medical stuff in "House" is correct to the point there is a six month timeline on each episode to get it correct. And they claim the background formulas in "Numb3rs" were not jibberish but correct for something. As to if they were right to the point or just supposed to be something the guy was working on who knows.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
December 2nd, 2010 at 5:57:38 PM permalink
Jerry VanDyke was asked to play Gilligan by the network but turned it down. Just one of Jerry's better career moves..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Doc
Doc
December 2nd, 2010 at 6:32:01 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Jerry VanDyke was asked to play Gilligan by the network but turned it down. Just one of Jerry's better career moves..

Every time I saw the character Gilligan, I could only think of Maynard G. Krebs.

• Jump to: