kenarman
kenarman
  • Threads: 28
December 1st, 2010 at 8:02:07 PM permalink
You have definately never lived in a cowtown if you think that cowboys aren't animals :)
Be careful when you follow the masses, the M is sometimes silent.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
December 1st, 2010 at 8:16:16 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Jonas Grumby and Iowa.

Right on the name, but Dawn Wells was born and raised in Reno, Nevada. Who woulda thunk. Wiz gets to ask the next question.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 1st, 2010 at 8:20:01 PM permalink
Quote: kenarman

You have definately never lived in a cowtown if you think that cowboys aren't animals :)

I remember in the 70's there were buyers going thru the cowboy towns and buying a brand new pair of Levi's for cowboys who would trade them the faded washed out jeans they were wearing. The cowboys always did it because new jeans are very desirable to them, for whatever reason. The worn out jeans were sold in Japan for hundreds of dollars a pair.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 1st, 2010 at 8:44:24 PM permalink

Good for Dawn. You would think the professor would have demanded that clause too.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Its like Bill Gates saying in 1997 that if you told him in 1990 that McDonalds would have their web address on TV commercials, he would have thought you were insane. In 1964 nobody could imagine the explosion of cable TV that was right around the corner and would need a constant feeding regimen of old TV shows from the 60's. Whats funny is CBS didn't renew the copyright on the first 2 seasons of the Beverly Hillbillies and those 55 shows are in the public domain and anybody can show them without paying CBS. How many millions have they lost over that little gaff.
darnits
darnits
  • Threads: 6
December 1st, 2010 at 9:14:57 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

You are correct sir.

Browns
Cowboys
Packers
Texans
Chiefs
Vikings
Patriots
Saints
Giants
Jets
Raiders
Steelers
Chargers
49ers
Buccaneers
Titans
Redskins

I'm gonna say that this list is incomplete...Being an unfortunate Buffalo Bills fan, the team is named after 1945 AAFC team who had the name Buffalo Bills. This team took their name from a popular barbershop quartet, who in turn took their name from Buffalo Bill Cody.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1338
December 1st, 2010 at 9:36:07 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Right on the name, but Dawn Wells was born and raised in Reno, Nevada. Who woulda thunk. Wiz gets to ask the next question.

Reno, wow. Who would have thought such a sinful state could produce such a wholesome pie-baking girl.

Next question: What is the 4th most populous country in the world? I'll grade the answers in about 24 hours time. You may also PM me your answer, if you wish.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
sunrise089
sunrise089
  • Threads: 6
December 1st, 2010 at 9:40:28 PM permalink
Indenosia. I'm 40% confident. I'd have been less confident had I not lost a trivia question on the third most populous country a few years back.

Edit: damn the iPhone spell checker. I won't edit my original spelling, so if in right it's up to the wizard to accept the spelling or not.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 1st, 2010 at 9:53:27 PM permalink

Next question: What is the 4th most populous country in the world?

Pakistan or Indonesia.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
December 1st, 2010 at 11:52:53 PM permalink
I'm guessing Bangladesh.

China -> India -> Indonesia -> Bangladesh
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 178
December 2nd, 2010 at 5:10:54 AM permalink

Good for Dawn. You would think the professor would have demanded that clause too.

The Professor?

He can make a radio out of a coconut, but can't fix the damn boat, and you expect him to have thought about residuals!?!?
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁

• Jump to: