SmithTower
SmithTower
  • Threads: 12
January 7th, 2010 at 10:55:42 AM permalink
I’m looking for a good craps simulator that tracks stats like wins/losses of each type of bet. Any suggestions?
DrEntropy
DrEntropy
  • Threads: 27
January 7th, 2010 at 6:05:54 PM permalink
Quote: SmithTower

I’m looking for a good craps simulator that tracks stats like wins/losses of each type of bet. Any suggestions?

WinCraps is pretty good and not only lets you track stats on individual bets, but does high speed simulations of whatever betting scheme you can come up with.
"Mathematical expectation has nothing to do with results." (Sklansky, Theory of Poker).
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 13th, 2010 at 1:41:21 PM permalink
Quote: DrEntropy

WinCraps is pretty good and not only lets you track stats on individual bets, but does high speed simulations of whatever betting scheme you can come up with.

I followed your tip and have to say so far so good, in fact quite good.

One of the stats tracked is the number of "hands" ... this does not match the number of come-out rolls, there are much fewer hands than come-out rolls. Yep, I looked in "help" but didnt find answer ! anyone know what they are talking about when the term "hands" is used?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 14th, 2010 at 2:57:21 AM permalink
Quote: ]anyone know what they are talking about when the term "hands" is used?[/q

OK, I guess I got lazy ... I was pretty sure someone here would know this. But I finally found it:

Quote: help section in wincraps

"Hand / Shoot

The period of time the shooter rolls the dice, from the first come-out roll to a seven-out, when the dice are passed to the next player."

Naturally this is less than the number of come-out rolls, since a shooter will keep the dice if he makes his point. Less clear is what you might use this stat for.

Good software! I also recommend it. It doesn't get my top grade for "user friendly" but that aspect became manageable for me. Interestingly, you can select from different RNGs and you can "seed" them yourself at the start. It's pretty easy to keyboard smash and come up with a number you can't predict yourself for seeding. The program would seed on its own, but this way you can really be sure you are mixing it up without some reason the start point would accidentally be the same or whatever.

I used cloudcitysoftware dot com and paypal. The demo downloads free, registration for $20 turns on the extra features. I didn't get a virus for my trouble! (something that occurred to me).
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
MrPapagiorgio
MrPapagiorgio
  • Threads: 58
January 14th, 2010 at 3:03:38 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Quote: ]anyone know what they are talking about when the term "hands" is used?[/q

OK, I guess I got lazy ... I was pretty sure someone here would know this. But I finally found it:

Quote: help section in wincraps

"Hand / Shoot

The period of time the shooter rolls the dice, from the first come-out roll to a seven-out, when the dice are passed to the next player."

Actually hands is a windows enhancement to better simulate the true vegas experience:

I'm a PC, and Windows 7 was my idea.
So I says to him, I said "Get your own monkey!"
  • Jump to: