46 members have voted

weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
July 11th, 2012 at 4:21:44 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I read that in big cities like
NY and Philly, 60% of the tags you see are fake. The
people with real tags don't have a chance.

What's the big deal? I have never seen a situation where all handicapped spots were taken anyway. There are simply too many of them. Way, way too many. If somebody got a way to use some of that wasted space without actually being disabled, good for them. Don't be jealous.
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
July 11th, 2012 at 5:01:05 AM permalink
Quote: weaselman

What's the big deal? I have never seen a situation where all handicapped spots were taken anyway. There are simply too many of them. Way, way too many. If somebody got a way to use some of that wasted space without actually being disabled, good for them. Don't be jealous.

I wouldn't consider the handicap spaces even WITH a tag unless I really, truly couldn't get a few extra feet to the door, just because I've seen too many gomers trying to maneuver their oversized vehicles into those spots and I wouldn't want to risk all the door dings and dents the surrounding cars get!

My dad has a tag and a Dodge Ram extended cab truck that I call Frankentruck because of all the body parts he's had replaced on it. Somehow, it's always "someone else" who hit him in a parking lot, but I'm guessing it's closer to 50/50--he hits people while he's trying to park and they hit him while they're trying to park. The handicap spots in front of our Home Depot around noon on weekdays look like a VFW convention if you read all the plates and bumper stickers, and no car is smaller than a minivan.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
  • Jump to: