beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
March 23rd, 2014 at 7:27:37 PM permalink
Weekend Update: POS Fred is Still Dead. For Buzz....
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
soxfan
soxfan
  • Threads: 9
March 23rd, 2014 at 7:50:11 PM permalink
Dang, that Phelps cat was a snivel rights huckster AND a fundie christian? That was two BIG strikes against him, so happy riddance, hey hey!
" Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned!" Nietzsche
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
March 23rd, 2014 at 7:55:05 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

And even when I get back, it'd be fine with me if we all went back to enjoying each other's company for a while.

What does this mean, exactly. This is like when
your girlfriend says you can look at other girls
as much as you want, go right ahead. But you're
terrified because you know she hates that and
will crucify you if you do.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
March 24th, 2014 at 10:34:34 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Weekend Update: POS Fred is Still Dead. For Buzz....

But his works go on :
http://godhatesfags.com/fliers/20140321_Garland-Baptist-Church-TX-jmh.pdf
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 214
March 24th, 2014 at 11:30:43 AM permalink
Freedom of Religion. It's such a simple concept: You are free to believe and worship in almost any manner you choose. What I don't get and have never understood is why people want to force THEIR beliefs down the throats of others. THAT seems to be where the trouble ALWAYS begins. I guess that's just me. ???
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 24th, 2014 at 2:25:39 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Freedom of Religion. It's such a simple concept: You are free to believe and worship in almost any manner you choose. What I don't get and have never understood is why people want to force THEIR beliefs down the throats of others. THAT seems to be where the trouble ALWAYS begins. I guess that's just me. ???

You get Christ points for converting people. I've been approached at malls by church people to join their religion/cult and they get referral points just like pyramid schemes.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1390
March 24th, 2014 at 2:58:46 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

What I don't get and have never understood is why people want to force THEIR beliefs down the throats of others.

I've said this before, but the Christians that pound on doors and annoy strangers are the few that I respect. At least they are trying to keep others from going to hell. Most Christians seem pretty indifferent about it.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
March 24th, 2014 at 3:21:06 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I've said this before, but the Christians that pound on doors and annoy strangers are the few that I respect. At least they are trying to keep others from going to hell. Most Christians seem pretty indifferent about it.

The pressure must be intense for the poor Christian. Imagine your pitcin' Jesus to an unbeliever and in the end your unable to convert the poor soul…….because of the lousy sales pitch the unbeliever is sentence to eternal damnation. Now that's pressure. You fail on a door to door vacuum cleaner sale, no big deal but failing to convert someone to the Son of God….. now that's some serious s***!
Each day is better than the next
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 172
March 24th, 2014 at 3:27:50 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'm suspicious of any god who needs salespeople.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
March 24th, 2014 at 3:29:43 PM permalink
I think they knock on doors in hope of increasing the revenue base.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet

• Jump to: