Thread Rating:

rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
September 12th, 2012 at 12:29:12 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I would consider making most to all of their diplomats persona-non-grata and and send them home. Just an idea.

The diplomats from...Muslimia? Islamistan?

Libya denounced the attacks. Their government had nothing to do with what happened. Cutting ties with a government that we just finished establishing is probably a bad idea.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
September 12th, 2012 at 12:48:08 PM permalink
I don't understand how this could have happened. I
mean Jimmy Carter Lite just apologised to the Egyptians
yesterday for how we drove them to attack the embassy.
Maybe if he has a tear in his eye during the next apology..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
September 12th, 2012 at 1:05:40 PM permalink
We should definately carpet bomb Dresden. Damn Germans!!
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
September 12th, 2012 at 1:10:43 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I mean Jimmy Carter Lite just apologised to the Egyptians
yesterday for how we drove them to attack the embassy.

He did?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
September 12th, 2012 at 3:07:30 PM permalink
"WASHINGTON - Intelligence experts and U.S. government officials are starting to view the attack in Libya that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others in Benghazi as a coordinated attack. "

http://wtop.com/215/3033617/Officials-Embassy-attack-in-Libya-was-coordinated

Turns out this little attack may have been more of a terrorist action than just some plain vanilla radicals acting out.

I'm sick and flipping tired of everyone comparing Muslims, at this pioint in history, to Christians today. "Good" Muslims will not routinely denounce the actions of the bad ones; they tend to just avoid the question. I've seen it repeatedly over the past 11 years. I know that Christians have had evil people in their past...but we are not talking about the past. We are talking about Muslim terrorists now who are getting a free pass from other "non-violent" Muslims.

The difference right now is that all of us can have a discussion about this subject and agree to disagree. The Muslim radicals, unfettered by their own religion reigning them in, would NEVER allow that.
kulin
kulin
  • Threads: 9
September 12th, 2012 at 3:18:02 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

"Good" Muslims will not routinely denounce the actions of the bad ones; they tend to just avoid the question. I've seen it repeatedly over the past 11 years.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=muslims+denounce+terrorism

How much do you think they have to denounce it? Does every Muslim need to make a press release every time someone who is tangentially related to them does something wrong?
RonC
RonC
September 12th, 2012 at 4:11:06 PM permalink
Quote: kulin

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=muslims+denounce+terrorism

How much do you think they have to denounce it? Does every Muslim need to make a press release every time someone who is tangentially related to them does something wrong?

Your link sucks. It tried to hijack my browser and messed it up. Please don't use that thing again--simply provide a regular link and allow me to look at it or tell me what you'd like me to Google. Thanks!

I'm sorry...they don't stand up to the terrorist Muslims and Muslim radicals the way they should. There was dancing in the streets on 9/11. They nod and say some words but there is no attempt to really change anything.
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
September 12th, 2012 at 4:41:10 PM permalink
I don't know of anyone dancing in the streets on 9/11 except in countries whose citizens hate us, not for religious reasons, and not "because of our freedom," but for complex reasons pertaining to the events of the last fifty years.

Osama bin Laden was not a religious extremist. He claimed God for his side, but so does every other militant loon with a God. He himself pointed out, something like, "if we hated freedom, we'd have attacked Sweden." If the Middle East were Nestorian, or even if we were both Muslim, he'd still have attacked us.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
September 12th, 2012 at 4:43:21 PM permalink
Bingo obviously you don't love 'Merica.
Vote for Nobody 2020!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
September 12th, 2012 at 4:54:57 PM permalink

"Good" Muslims will not routinely denounce the actions of the bad ones; they tend to just avoid the question. I've seen it repeatedly over the past 11 years.

Call it anecdotal evidence if you like, but that makes two of us who have observed that.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
RonC
RonC
September 12th, 2012 at 4:54:59 PM permalink
Huh...I thought he was a little bit of a zealot based on tiny things from his life...

"The teacher who educated the children, influenced in part by a sect of Islam called The Brotherhood, began instructing his pupils in the importance of instituting a pure, Islamic law around the Arab world. Using parables with often-violent endings, their teacher explained that the most loyal observers of Islam would institute the holy word—even if it meant supporting death and destruction."

http://www.biography.com/people/osama-bin-laden-37172

" His hope was that Muslims, unified by the battle, would create a single, true Islamic state."

(same article)
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
September 12th, 2012 at 5:21:33 PM permalink

I'm sorry...they don't stand up to the terrorist Muslims and Muslim radicals the way they should.

This has more to do with the fact that many Americans cannot have a rational, sober discussion about 9/11. Ameircan Muslims know that they are subject to extra scrutiny if they say anything outside of the approved set of opinions about 9/11 so they hedge.

A lot of us have heard (or can tell) stories about how grandpa refused to buy a Japanese car or radio because of Pearl Harbor. Well, that same emotional response is happening with the muslim religion and 9/11. I encourage you all to try to view this whole process like an alien who just arrived on this planet and set aside your "America is #1!" mentality. Take a cold, sober look at what is going on here instead of, understandably, allowing emotions to rule the day.
Vote for Nobody 2020!
Zayla
Zayla
  • Threads: 2
September 12th, 2012 at 5:28:58 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

How should we respond to this?

Do nothing?

Nuke em all, and take all the oil?

Something in between?

Sometimes the "World's Cop" needs to crack some heads with a nightstick ...

"World's Cop"? Huh, who's that?
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
  • Threads: 13
September 12th, 2012 at 5:49:55 PM permalink
Quote: Zayla

"World's Cop"? Huh, who's that?

Please return to page 1 and re-read where this ridiculous tangent was already beat like the dead horse it is.
RonC
RonC
September 12th, 2012 at 5:50:36 PM permalink
Quote: bigfoot66

This has more to do with the fact that many Americans cannot have a rational, sober discussion about 9/11. Ameircan Muslims know that they are subject to extra scrutiny if they say anything outside of the approved set of opinions about 9/11 so they hedge.

A lot of us have heard (or can tell) stories about how grandpa refused to buy a Japanese car or radio because of Pearl Harbor. Well, that same emotional response is happening with the muslim religion and 9/11. I encourage you all to try to view this whole process like an alien who just arrived on this planet and set aside your "America is #1!" mentality. Take a cold, sober look at what is going on here instead of, understandably, allowing emotions to rule the day.

What "unapproved" set of opinions is acceptable for 9/11? Pretty much there is no acceptable way of feeling the act was anything close to justified. Perhaps our treatment of them hasn't been perfect but we didn't deserve to be attacked in that way. Our ambassador did not deserve to die because a movie was disrespectful of the religion.

So you want me to just ignore what happened? I guess if I landed here after 9/11 and didn't know it happened, I might look at differently.

It happened. I listened to their responses on TV and radio; many of them were lukewarm condemnations of the act.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
September 12th, 2012 at 7:07:47 PM permalink
Quote: bigfoot66

I encourage you all to try to view this whole process like an alien who just arrived on this planet and set aside your "America is #1!" mentality. Take a cold, sober look at what is going on here instead of, understandably, allowing emotions to rule the day.

What does the alien's cold, sober look reveal?
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
September 12th, 2012 at 7:29:25 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

What does the alien's cold, sober look reveal?

That when the Alien gets hungry, Americans have more meat on the bone than any other country.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
September 12th, 2012 at 7:44:21 PM permalink
I thought we had all agreed that we are going to carpet bomb Dresden?!?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
September 12th, 2012 at 7:45:49 PM permalink
Quote: 24Bingo

I don't know of anyone dancing in the streets on 9/11 except in countries whose citizens hate us, not for religious reasons, and not "because of our freedom," but for complex reasons pertaining to the events of the last fifty years.

Osama bin Laden was not a religious extremist. He claimed God for his side, but so does every other militant loon with a God. He himself pointed out, something like, "if we hated freedom, we'd have attacked Sweden." If the Middle East were Nestorian, or even if we were both Muslim, he'd still have attacked us.

If we were muslim, and had acted as such as they do, we'd be the only ones left alive in this world.

And then we'd be left with a hellish, backward, medieval, dog-eat-dog-any-violence-goes society, justified allegdly by allah [lowercase], via a 9th Century scroll written by a paedophile rapist and bandit, who lifted his material from the Jewish scroll mixed in with some voodoo, and called a religion to convert under gunpoint (which may be what it takes to adopt that cult - aside from a long stint in the lock-up), - though it really is just a wide-spread cult of violence and oppression. One may argue that this is clear at this point in time.

This is not my opinion; I have no opinion of religion. This is the opinion of my first wife, Bouchra, an escapee of Islam from Morocco, who escaped with her life and dignity. Her faith and country damned her and damn nearly killed her, a good woman. We lived in Riverdale, New York City, for many years, before we separeted very amicably, and I moved to Las Vegas. She pretty much passed herself off as a French-speaking Roman Catholic American after a few years...
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
September 12th, 2012 at 7:47:50 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

I thought we had all agreed that we are going to carpet bomb Dresden?!?

No, I think we all agreed that when you believe you have a point you're tenacious like a pit bull but when you don't you prattle on about Dresden and gargling baby parts. It's really dull and that's why few bother to respond.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
September 12th, 2012 at 9:54:25 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

And then we'd be left with a hellish, backward, medieval, dog-eat-dog-any-violence-goes society, justified allegdly by allah [lowercase], via a 9th Century scroll written by a paedophile rapist and bandit, who lifted his material from the Jewish scroll mixed in with some voodoo, and called a religion to convert under gunpoint (which may be what it takes to adopt that cult - aside from a long stint in the lock-up), - though it really is just a wide-spread cult of violence and oppression. One may argue that this is clear at this point in time.

Hmmm...substitute "bigamy" for "violence" and you approach, at least in spirit, the roots of the Mormon cult.
"What, me worry?"
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
September 13th, 2012 at 3:23:37 AM permalink
Just in case you missed it because you don't live in Libya or don't care to look for it, here are some Muslims protesting against the violence and apologizing to America:

NowTheSerpent
NowTheSerpent
  • Threads: 15
September 13th, 2012 at 4:00:02 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

All American embassies are on U.S. soil by definition.

Exactly. They attacked us on American soil, and once again, as I had predicted, we weren't ready, despite exactly eleven years of "improved" anti-terroristic Bush Doctrine "intelligence". It's the "exactly eleven" that makes it creepy and hopefully a bit humiliating to our so-called "watchers".

(And what is a church but an embassy of the Vatican, which is a sovereign nation. Hence arrest warrants for fugitives asylumed within should require consular approval? Not to change the subject, but offered as food for thought.)
NowTheSerpent
NowTheSerpent
  • Threads: 15
September 13th, 2012 at 4:02:48 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

I hope that misspelling is just unfamiliarity with English and not a serious Freudian slip.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
September 13th, 2012 at 4:27:41 AM permalink

Hmmm...substitute "bigamy" for "violence" and you approach, at least in spirit, the roots of the Mormon cult.

No.
Bigamy is not the problem. And Mormonism is not the issue. Mormons don't seem to blow anything up, nor do more men with more wives or mistresses. The male is just more broke and more hen-pecked tired. One wife at a time is more home trouble and exhaustion enough. The problem seems to be the faith book. Does the Koran advocate taking violent action against infidels....hmm....

More wives or more mistresses is just more pussy-whipped for the male involved, - and less soreness for each individual female involved.
What does the religious instruction manual advocate? Oh - KILL the infidel, and don't mix pork with your rice - instead of adding beef, which is okay. I get it now...pork=bad, killing=good.

Thus say that book.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
September 13th, 2012 at 4:47:56 AM permalink
Quote: NowTheSerpent

I hope that misspelling is just unfamiliarity with English and not a serious Freudian slip.

It'll be their version of "Get A BRAIN!
MORANS" from this day forward.
RonC
RonC
September 13th, 2012 at 4:55:08 AM permalink

No.
Bigamy is not the problem. And Mormonism is not the issue. Mormons don't seem to blow anything up, nor do more men with more wives or mistresses. The male is just more broke and more hen-pecked tired. One wife at a time is more home trouble and exhaustion enough. The problem seems to be the faith book. Does the Koran advocate taking violent action against infidels....hmm....

More wives or more mistresses is just more pussy-whipped for the male involved, - and less soreness for each individual female involved.
What does the religious instruction manual advocate? Oh - KILL the infidel, and don't mix pork with your rice - instead of adding beef, which is okay. I get it now...pork=bad, killing=good.

Thus say that book.

I'm so tired of this equivalency bullshit that people spew trying to imply things like Mormonism is akin to way radical Muslims act and comparing stuff (horrid, condemnable stuff) some evil Christians did years ago to what is going on now. It is an attempt to justify the actions of these radicals and to pacify them.

It isn't working, folks.

President Obama has tried a build bridges to them; they want to bomb those bridges. They don't want to be our friends. They don't want us to exist. There is a huge portion of the Muslim religion that sees the end of all other religions and the conscription of all into their religion as the goal and (the difference between other religions who want to recruit members) they are willing to kill to get the job done.

Are there some that don't want that to be the case? Sure. A lot. They don't really say or do as much as they should to try an prevent it, but I am sure there are many who just want to practice their religion in peace. The problem is that until they, too, really fight back, their religion will continue to move to the radical side.

Someone makes a movie critical of Christians. No one gets killed. Someone makes a movie critical of Muslims. The attacks are continuing. An ambassador and other fine people have died. Did the ambassador or the other embassy people make the movie? Did they even agree with the movie?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
September 13th, 2012 at 6:13:20 AM permalink

I'm so tired of this equivalency bullshit that people spew trying to imply things like Mormonism is akin to way radical Muslims act and comparing stuff (horrid, condemnable stuff) some evil Christians did years ago to what is going on now. It is an attempt to justify the actions of these radicals and to pacify them.

What amazes me is that the haters who complain about Christianity so much are the first defenders of Islam. The same Volvo-driving-latte-sipping-NPR-Listening-call-it-holiday-not-Christmas-type who boycotts Chick-Fil-A will defend Islam as "the religion of peace and tolerance."
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
September 13th, 2012 at 6:24:22 AM permalink

What amazes me is that the haters who complain about Christianity so much are the first defenders of Islam. The same Volvo-driving-latte-sipping-NPR-Listening-call-it-holiday-not-Christmas-type who boycotts Chick-Fil-A will defend Islam as "the religion of peace and tolerance."

What really gets me is the pickup truck with a gun rack driving, beer swilling, tobacco chewing, Limbaugh listening, "christian"
Who thinks he is pious and heaven bound because he "tolerates" people,
but doesn't actually love them the way his so called savior told him to.
Disclosure:
I dont mind buddhists, the rest of these religions can get stuffed.
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
September 13th, 2012 at 6:53:20 AM permalink
My own personal belief, and I have absolutely no data to support this, is that 80% of the people who espouse hatred and violence as a means to a "righteous" end are of below average intellect. They are followers. Sheep who are lead by people of higher intellect, and or, charisma, whose drive in life is to obtain influence and power. It is the leaders who need to be punished and sanctioned. Start with that and it will still take a couple of generations in order to improve everyone's life.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 13th, 2012 at 7:11:37 AM permalink
Quote: steeldco

My own personal belief, and I have absolutely no data to support this, is that 80% of the people who espouse hatred and violence as a means to a "righteous" end are of below average intellect. They are followers. Sheep who are lead by people of higher intellect, and or, charisma, whose drive in life is to obtain influence and power. It is the leaders who need to be punished and sanctioned. Start with that and it will still take a couple of generations in order to improve everyone's life.

I would not say "intellect" is low in these folks, not the leaders anyways. Look at leaders of these groups and you find some sharp people, they know a lot and are well-read. The read "The Prince" and "The Art of War" and know what these books teach about leadership. Then they use the good lessons for bad means.

I think the non-leaders, the rank and file of this kind of group just needs someone to follow. Most people want to follow something. It could be a religion, envrionmentalism, or even the local NFL Franchise. It is why you see crowds. I have seen smart people just follow anything. I've worked with smart people who just do whatever "the company" wants or needs, because they must be right. And unintelligent ones who do the same.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 13th, 2012 at 7:17:33 AM permalink
" I've worked with smart people who just do whatever "the company" wants or needs, " At At&t I saw many otherwise intelligent
women ( 40's or 50's often divorced ) marry the company. Have seen a few married ones , who when given a choice between hubby or work, chose the company. And seen them unable to comprehend what happened, when the company downsized them along
with the people who only showed up for a paycheck. SAD
WongBo
WongBo
September 13th, 2012 at 7:23:34 AM permalink
I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.
You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.
-creed, the office
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 13th, 2012 at 7:26:36 AM permalink
Quote: WongBo

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.
You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.
-creed, the office

Exactly! Look at how much Al Gore has made off of the global-warming believers.
WongBo
WongBo
September 13th, 2012 at 7:32:53 AM permalink
AZ, cant you just have a laugh?
Does everything have to be a jump off?
Ok.
Look how much the church of latter day saints has made off of the Moroni Believers
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 13th, 2012 at 7:36:51 AM permalink

Ok.
Look how much the church of latter day saints has made off of the Moroni Believers

Sometimes I can, I guess I am just in a mood today.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
September 13th, 2012 at 8:00:39 AM permalink

Ok.

One thousandth as much as the Vatican makes?
Zayla
Zayla
September 13th, 2012 at 8:08:33 AM permalink

There may be a few bad apples in other religions, but preaching hatred and violence seems to be a pillar of muslim teaching. Consider that Christians, Jews, and Hindus have their differences; but they all mostly get along. Muslims are at war with all of these religions wherever they geographically meet, and even worldwide. To say "they all do it" is to ignore the problem.

And before anyone blames it on "religion" it is not merely a "God" thing. Look at some of the radicals in the envrionmental movement. Look at some of the animal rights extremists. Those two groups are more property-damage than terror, but they are not as well developed for 1,000 years, either.

Why don't you start with Christianity, which, due to it's leaders and followers, have killed more humans on earth than all other religions combined. Throw in destroying the art, science, technology and the burning of ten of thousands of scrolls in Roman libraries obliterating incredible works of all these things over a thousand years that human kind will never know what it lost.

Current society looks at the Muslim extremists/terrorists, even though there are 1.2 billion Muslims on the planet, but bear in mind Christianity had a mere 1,500 year head start on them and mastered the art of ignorance, cruelty, greed, killing, genocide, infanticide, hypocrisy and hate.

The Inquisitions alone, which lasted close to 500 years claimed more lives than the Muslim Religion probably ever will, and lasted almost as long as the Muslim religion has existed. The Witch Hunts lasted, which was in no way limited to Salem, MA, but all through the world, for over 300 years.

Then, just look at the current Pope, who, though we'll never know, may very well be responsible for more deaths than Muslim Terrorists with his teachings to poor, uneducated masses of people in Africa and South America that condoms are bad, and can even spread Aids, spreading the disease in the places where the opposite of this ignorant, inaccurate teachings were believed by the uneducated.

None of this is in any way a defense of Muslim terrorists, and it in NO WAY scratches the surface of the details of the 2,000+ years of the details of what Christianity has done to this planet. That would take hundreds of pages. All religions, in my opinion, are dangerous, pointless and have done more harm than good and could never catch up. They, in my view, are the bureaucracy between a person and their faith.

It is said, and proven to be true, that civilization existed for over 25,000 years in peace and harmony before any religion came along and has since lived for 3,500 years in warfare, violence and greed.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
September 13th, 2012 at 8:11:46 AM permalink

Why don't you start with Christianity, which, due to it's leaders and followers, have killed more humans on earth than all other religions combined. Throw in destroying the art, science, technology and the burning of ten of thousands of scrolls in Roman libraries obliterating incredible works of all these things over a thousand years that human kind will never know what it lost.

Current society looks at the Muslim extremists/terrorists, even though there are 1.2 billion Muslims on the planet, but bear in mind Christianity had a mere 1,500 year head start on them and mastered the art of ignorance, cruelty, greed, killing, genocide, infanticide, hypocrisy and hate.

The Inquisitions alone, which lasted close to 500 years claimed more lives than the Muslim Religion probably ever will, and lasted almost as long as the Muslim religion has existed. The Witch Hunts lasted, which was in no way limited to Salem, MA, but all through the world, for over 300 years.

Then, just look at the current Pope, who, though we'll never know, may very well be responsible for more deaths than Muslim Terrorists with his teachings to poor, uneducated masses of people in Africa and South America that condoms are bad, and can even spread Aids, spreading the disease in the places where the opposite of this ignorant, inaccurate teachings were believed by the uneducated.

None of this is in any way a defense of Muslim terrorists, and it in NO WAY scratches the surface of the details of the 2,000+ years of the details of what Christianity has done to this planet. That would take hundreds of pages. All religions, in my opinion, are dangerous, pointless and have done more harm than good and could never catch up. They, in my view, are the bureaucracy between a person and their faith.

It is said, and proven to be true, that civilization existed for over 25,000 years in peace and harmony before any religion came along and has since lived for 3,500 years in warfare, violence and greed.

I've been trying to write something this eloquent for quite a while....
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
September 13th, 2012 at 8:12:30 AM permalink
The Islamic extremists need to put America in proper perspective.

Sure, we invade their countries for our own purposes.

And yes, we kill civilians as "collateral damage."

That is arguably wrong, and offends any notion of national dignity.

But look at Octomom, the Iraqi-heritage attention whore.

She supped at the public trough, single, and used in vitro fertilization to conceive a brood of kids.

To support them, she posed nude, made a porn movie, and has a new music single coming out: "Sexy Party."

And many in the West just lap it up.

America is not an enemy of Islam; we are a collective Octomom careening down the freeway enroute to oblivion.

Oh, wait a minute ... that's not oblivion ahead, it's a sexy party.
"What, me worry?"
Zayla
Zayla
September 13th, 2012 at 8:46:04 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I've been trying to write something this eloquent for quite a while....

Thank you. It's a subject that means a lot to me and I've studied a great deal.
RonC
RonC
September 13th, 2012 at 8:56:52 AM permalink
I'm enlightened by the wisdom of those who choose the route of finding fault in history as a defense of the actions of Muslim terrorists today.

You are right, we should humbly allow them to kill us all because our ancestors did horrid things to others in the name of another religion.

Drawing equivalents from the past to justify the present is absurd. "I murdered the ambassador because the Christians had the inquisition"...no, sorry, both were wrong. Don't spew about how I have over-simplified the issue, you get the point. Everything that happened in the past is not an acceptable excuse for what these Muslim terrorists are doing in the name of their god today.

Funny...those civilians that have been killed might have been saved had the leaders of their countries turned the Muslim terrorists over to us for their crimes. You can blame Bush/Obama for their deaths but there is also some culpability on the part of those who harbor terrorists.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 13th, 2012 at 9:01:20 AM permalink

Thank you. It's a subject that means a lot to me and I've studied a great deal.

It is obvious that you have not only studied, but are able to transmit your thoughts coherently.

Best summation i have read since George Carlin's

" Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll to to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money. "
Zayla
Zayla
September 13th, 2012 at 9:02:59 AM permalink

I'm enlightened by the wisdom of those who choose the route of finding fault in history as a defense of the actions of Muslim terrorists today.

You are right, we should humbly allow them to kill us all because our ancestors did horrid things to others in the name of another religion.

Drawing equivalents from the past to justify the present is absurd. "I murdered the ambassador because the Christians had the inquisition"...no, sorry, both were wrong. Don't spew about how I have over-simplified the issue, you get the point. Everything that happened in the past is not an acceptable excuse for what these Muslim terrorists are doing in the name of their god today.

Funny...those civilians that have been killed might have been saved had the leaders of their countries turned the Muslim terrorists over to us for their crimes. You can blame Bush/Obama for their deaths but there is also some culpability on the part of those who harbor terrorists.

You should pay more attention WHO someone is responding to, what THEY said and maybe the post you are referring to would make more sense, as opposed to the inaccurate emotional response above.

Especially when someone writes something like "finding fault in history as a defense of the actions of Muslim terrorists today", yet, once again, the post you are referring to specifically said, "This is in NO way a defense of Muslim terrorists".

Maybe that's why you didn't quote it, it would have been too obvious.
Zayla
Zayla
September 13th, 2012 at 9:20:33 AM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

It is obvious that you have not only studied, but are able to transmit your thoughts coherently.

Best summation i have read since George Carlin's

" Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll to to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money. "

Thank you.

George Carlin, one of the best comedians of all time, had a number of great insights into religion. Bill Mahr has some interesting thoughts as well, but not many people will ever be as funny as Carlin.

Though not a comedian, Sam Harris has a very good, dry sense of humor when he speaks or debates.
RonC
RonC
September 13th, 2012 at 10:36:17 AM permalink

You should pay more attention WHO someone is responding to, what THEY said and maybe the post you are referring to would make more sense, as opposed to the inaccurate emotional response above.

Especially when someone writes something like "finding fault in history as a defense of the actions of Muslim terrorists today", yet, once again, the post you are referring to specifically said, "This is in NO way a defense of Muslim terrorists".

Maybe that's why you didn't quote it, it would have been too obvious.

I think the information presented was great--very well written.

The problem I have is that when you lay out the case for previous atrocities when dealing with a current issue, it is often used to build an excuse for why it really isn't that bad. Maybe not your intention or your thought, but that is what ends up happening.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
September 13th, 2012 at 10:54:26 AM permalink
Make me King and I'll clean this mess up tuit suite...............:-)
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
September 13th, 2012 at 11:00:24 AM permalink

I think the information presented was great--very well written.

I don't. I too have given this matter a great deal of study and would challenge Zayla to answer the following queries.

Why don't you start with Christianity, which, due to it's leaders and followers, have killed more humans on earth than all other religions combined.

Can you please cite your source?

Christianity had a mere 1,500 year head start on them and mastered the art of ignorance, cruelty, greed, killing, genocide, infanticide, hypocrisy and hate.

I think you need to check your math. Christianity can most optimistically be viewed as beginning around 30 CE with the death of Christ, but more realistically, at least if we're going to give it credit for mastering ignorance, cruelty, etc. we would have to view it in terms of when it became a state adopted religion. Here are some of the earliest known examples: Armenia in 301, Georgia in 319, and the Aksumite Empire in 325.
So then, when did Islam start? Most religious historians view Islam as having been founded by the Prophet Muhammad in 622 CE.

Depending on how you want to look at things this is either a 300 year or 600 year head start, not 1500.

This leads me to believe your "studying it a great deal" was more to reinforce what you already wanted to believe rather than to find any actual truth.

The Inquisitions alone, which lasted close to 500 years

The Inquisition was a byproduct of Catholicism, which is not strictly speaking a sect which speaks for all of Christianity. In fact, as I'm sure your great deal of study has shown Christians were often the victims of the Inquisition.

Also, you may want to check your math regarding the length of the Inquisitions again, as it's wrong.

(The Inquisitions...) claimed more lives than the Muslim Religion probably ever will,

Can you please cite your source?

and lasted almost as long as the Muslim religion has existed.

So, you say the Inquisitions lasted close to 500 years (inaccurate, but that's your claim). And Islam has existed since 622-ish. It's now 2012 which means Islam has been around for nearly 1400 years. So your claim would be the Inquisitions (nearly 500 years) lasted almost as long as the Muslim religion has existed, which is 1390 years. That would mean your "almost as long" covers a 890 year span or nearly twice as long as you claim the Inquisitions lasted.

Then, just look at the current Pope,

You are aware that the Pope is the leader of the worldwide Catholic Church, and not strictly speaking a spokesman for Christianity in general, right?

Please cite your source.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 13th, 2012 at 11:25:28 AM permalink
Quote: steeldco

Make me King and I'll clean this mess up tuit suite...............:-)

King, eh? Now that reminds me...whoever came up with "Divine Right of Kings" now that was one smart cookie. "I'm King because God wants me to be King."

Now that was a guy who didn't mess around campaigning.
kulin
kulin
  • Threads: 9
September 13th, 2012 at 11:58:56 AM permalink
The amount of hatred in this forum makes it tough to enjoy my life. I take my leave of this small minded bigotry.
  • Jump to: