Poll

10 votes (34.48%)
19 votes (65.51%)

29 members have voted

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 165
July 1st, 2012 at 12:22:44 PM permalink
Once in a while I've woken up in hotel room in total darkness, aware only that I don't recognize the bed I'm in, and have no idea where I am. (not even aware I'm in a hotel room as I can't see a thing). It's bizarre and disconcerting.

But maybe that's more like full-blown Alzheimer’s than death.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
July 1st, 2012 at 1:39:46 PM permalink
None of us are getting out of here alive !
MauiSunset
MauiSunset
  • Threads: 4
July 1st, 2012 at 1:42:51 PM permalink
As of this post there are twice as many folks not scared of dying than those of us scared out of our whits.

This is scary........
eagledice
eagledice
  • Threads: 0
July 1st, 2012 at 1:59:11 PM permalink
I do not fear death.

I fear coming home at 2:00 in the morning and not having a good excuse........

EagleDice
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
July 1st, 2012 at 2:11:07 PM permalink
Quote: MauiSunset

As of this post there are twice as many folks not scared of dying than those of us scared out of our whits.
This is scary........

This bodes well for this forum if we ever go to war with a micronation of system bettors led by President Logan. Our side may have fewer people, but 12 out of 16 not fearing death is better than militaries, what with all those 35-pound armor suits - we can take these pansies in a bayonet charge while they're cowering in their trenches.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
July 1st, 2012 at 2:15:49 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

None of us are getting out of here alive !

that quote made me laugh, good one.

I don't think I fear death because I believe in the Resurrection, but I am a little scared of dying if that makes any sense.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 1st, 2012 at 2:19:02 PM permalink
Quote: FrGamble

I don't think I fear death because I believe in the Resurrection, but I am a little scared of dying if that makes any sense.

I will say it does make sense, and I'll spare you the commentary.

Oh, BTW, I plan to live forever. So far so good :P
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
July 1st, 2012 at 2:25:32 PM permalink

that quote made me laugh, good one.

I knew life wasn't fair when the Catholic Church stop saying the mass in Latin. And me, a 2 year student of Latin at Mt. St. Joseph's in Catonsville. NO FAIR
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
July 1st, 2012 at 3:10:55 PM permalink

Total sense. An unsuspecting strike to the head, not bad. Breaking a leg in the wilderness and wasting away for a week, very bad. I feel the same way.

I fear death in the sense that when faced with it, I fight it tooth and nail. Certainly, I'd suspect that nearly every living creature is the same way. But I'm not so scared I won't do things I want. I'd hate to fall 150' onto rocks, but the view from the edge of the gorge was great. I'd hate to suffocate, but I wanted to hold that 160lb python. I've nearly drowned twice and it was terrifying, but whitewater canoeing is so much fun.

I've always said I'd never tip toe through life just to arrive safely at death. Experiences like those listed above add value to my life. Fear would take that away.

One life. Live it.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 165
July 1st, 2012 at 3:18:37 PM permalink
The joke goes: grandpa didn't fear death; it was all his passengers screaming at the top of their lungs
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

• Jump to: