DanMahowny
DanMahowny
  • Threads: 8
March 9th, 2012 at 9:20:17 AM permalink
Anybody watch any of these "prepper" shows? Doomsday Preppers (NatGeo channel), and Doomsday Bunkers (Discovery channel).

Man, these people are 100% crazy. Each "prepper" should be evaluated by a psychiatrist. I feel bad for the innocent kids raised by these freaks.

There are many, many holes in their logic. If you haven't seen this train wreck show, check it out. It is hilarious. I especially like it when they show the super-obese soccer moms exercising so they can fend off a zombie via hand-to-hand combat when the apocalypse is upon us. Priceless!
"I don't have a gambling problem. I have a financial problem."
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 9th, 2012 at 9:26:51 AM permalink
Quote: DanMahowny

Man, these people are 100% crazy. Each "prepper" should be evaluated by a psychiatrist.

Its pretty nuts. But so are Civil War re-enactors. Some of
them are so into it they don't think of anything else. Whatever
floats your boat, I guess.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
March 11th, 2012 at 5:48:42 PM permalink
Well I guess the Largest Solar Flare Super-Massive Coronal Ejection that irradiates the whole atmosphere stuff is a bit outta hand. Nonetheless, it remains plausible in this Solar Cycle.
Actually, the worst that could be expected is that all comm-sats are knocked out requiring relaunch, and most long-wire systems like CATV, Electricity, and telephone get fried, which also would fry anything connected to said wire... like your Fridge, Stove, furnace, TV, house wiring itself, computer/lappy, and the storage within. Think of it as a Solar generated EMP (ElectroMagnetic Pulse). Even buried metal pipe of cosiderable length gets mega-voltage developed... Nat Gas anyone?
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 11th, 2012 at 6:39:15 PM permalink
Quote: 98Clubs

Actually, the worst that could be expected is that all comm-sats are knocked out requiring relaunch, and most long-wire systems like CATV, Electricity, and telephone get fried, which also would fry anything connected to said wire... like your Fridge, Stove, furnace, TV, house wiring itself, computer/lappy, and the storage within.

So, you're to spend all that money to save yourself from, basically,..... a camping trip? This "disaster" sounds like my wet dream ;)
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
  • Jump to: