No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

4 members have voted

TheNightfly
TheNightfly
  • Threads: 23
December 6th, 2011 at 7:37:19 PM permalink
I have to say I felt the same regarding what WizardofEngland said about the "Can you crack it" puzzle:

Quote: WizardofEngland

Well i thought it was aimed at people with some logic solving skills, and the ability to work things out. Not people with a computer program and a time to put the kettle on for a cup of tea.

I was hoping there was some sort logic or pattern, something to actually crack. "Can you crack it" should of been changed to "do you have the software to decode this"?

I like puzzles of all kinds but have to admit I'm not really much into computer programming at all so I soon realized this wasn't for me.

So, I've made a puzzle for those who might actually prefer to put pen to paper and do some old fashioned problem solving/code breaking.

It's nothing too tough but it's not likely to be solved in under an hour either. There are 4 steps involved using various simple cryptanalysis and camouflaging techniques and the answer is a 7-letter word.

Just for fun anyone?

U I S Y M I S 3 P E
I F U U M U 4 M V 2
B 3 0 1 2 M U F 0 B
U F Z T C Z B U G O
2 B V U F 5 L U J B
X T P F 2 I F F O H
B Z S Q T B 1 S E S
T 1 3 2 M S U T 4 B
1 Q O X J E I 1 B N
U F B J H F F Z O 6
Happiness is underrated
WizardofEngland
WizardofEngland
  • Threads: 61
December 7th, 2011 at 2:16:40 AM permalink
Yes! I have a 3 hour drive ahead of me now, but once I get home, I am on it.
Thanks
http://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/10042-woes-black-sheep-game-ii/#post151727
TheNightfly
TheNightfly
December 7th, 2011 at 8:32:27 AM permalink
PM me if you get stuck. It looks like you're the only one who feels like giving it a go.
Happiness is underrated
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
December 7th, 2011 at 10:11:55 AM permalink
Don't tell me the answer. I've just started to work on it.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
odiousgambit
odiousgambit 
  • Threads: 326
December 7th, 2011 at 10:21:57 AM permalink
yes, it should be days before you give the answer, and anybody with the answer should send a private message to you methinks. Not post it here.

PS: at least we can confirm now that "be sure to drink your ovaltine" doesnt fit.

shouldnt we get some kind of hints tho?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
TheNightfly
TheNightfly
December 7th, 2011 at 11:10:06 AM permalink
As this is just for fun I don't mind giving anyone hints along the way but let's do it through PM for those who prefer to slog through it on their own. One hint for all, the solution is a 7 letter word beginning with the letter "C".
Happiness is underrated
  • Jump to: