odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
October 3rd, 2011 at 11:40:14 AM permalink
I include myself as one of the dummies. It just didnt look so clear to me when Eastman Kodak stock went down a whole bunch, that today in fact the news would be so good that it would be up 90% !!!

edit: at one point anyway, has come down some now
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
October 3rd, 2011 at 1:23:06 PM permalink
Consider Yahoo! too, as they are being considered for a buyout that will probably fall through.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
heather
heather
  • Threads: 8
October 3rd, 2011 at 2:52:34 PM permalink
And here I thought eCommerce was the next big thing for the Chinese.

Appropriate ticker symbol, I should add.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
October 3rd, 2011 at 3:49:04 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I include myself as one of the dummies. It just didnt look so clear to me when Eastman Kodak stock went down a whole bunch, that today in fact the news would be so good that it would be up 90% !!!

edit: at one point anyway, has come down some now

Any increase in EK is a pure dead-cat bounce, covering short positions. The company has been in near-constant restructuring since the mid 1980s. They used to make all kinds of weird stuff. I forget what they made that showed up on "Pawn Stars." I did a bid-tour of the company and the guy told me they had a stash of mustard gas onsite even in the 1990s. Their HQ was and is bigger than many downtowns of cities, and they had ANOTHER campus that was huge and ANOTHER skyscraper HQ building. Today they need maybe 1/10 of all that size with the second campus long-closed.

Did I mention they passed on a chance to buy Xerox in its infancy, and Xerox then moved across town?

What is sad is how long it takes the population of the city to get over the fact that such a company isn't coming back to the glory days.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: