JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 263
September 20th, 2011 at 5:34:58 PM permalink
So following up on the Wiz's Broadway reviews, has anyone else
seen the Transiberian Orchestra Christmas show besides me ?

I highly recommend it.

One part Christmas Fable, two parts wild Rock and Roll show
complete with pyrotechnics, and one part Opera. Very cool.

Wiz: It will be at the Thomas & Mack Center in December.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
September 21st, 2011 at 12:06:31 PM permalink
I'd like to see their show
konceptum
konceptum
  • Threads: 33
September 21st, 2011 at 5:37:03 PM permalink
Quite a number of years back, I saw a TSO show. I am not a huge fan of theirs, in the sense that I don't have any of their music or CDs or whatever. I had never even really heard of them before the show. But a friend of mine had gotten tickets for it, and her other date cancelled out, so she invited me. I have to say, I enjoyed the show. I was surprised that I enjoyed it considering that I'm not a huge fan of concerts, nor was I a fan of TSO.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
September 21st, 2011 at 7:52:45 PM permalink
This is the first I've heard of them. I looked them up and found this performance on Good Morning America. If I can find someone interested I'll probably check them out in where they're in Vegas. Off hand, I can't think of anyone into this kind of music who lives here.

Also, just watched their version of Pacelbel's Canon. Very lovely ladies on vocals. Speaking of which, I didn't even know that piece had lyrics.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
September 21st, 2011 at 8:15:01 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

This is the first I've heard of them. I looked them up and found this performance on Good Morning America. If I can find someone interested I'll probably check them out in where they're in Vegas. Off hand, I can't think of anyone into this kind of music who lives here.

Also, just watched their version of Pacelbel's Canon. Very lovely ladies on vocals. Speaking of which, I didn't even know that piece had lyrics.

If you saw either of the Home Alone movies you heard their rendition of the Ukranian carol, "Carol of the Bells." I think it's their most well-known piece.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
  • Jump to: