reno
reno
  • Threads: 124
August 3rd, 2011 at 12:27:43 PM permalink
Question for the parents on this forum: is it safe to allow a 7 month old baby to chew bubble gum? Or to rephrase the question, would you judge a parent for allowing their 7 month old to chew bubble gum? My understanding is that it's a choking hazard for children under 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Yexjyf4Qs

In the video above, we see Willow blowing bubbles with bubble gum (at the 1:08 mark in the video.) The footage was shot in February 1995. And in her autobiography Going Rogue, Sarah Palin writes that Willow was born on July 5, 1994.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
August 3rd, 2011 at 12:47:09 PM permalink
One of those dates must be wrong (I'll assume it's not the birthday...). That child is both too large and too coordinated to be 7 months old. Maybe 19 months...

*edit: Additionally, there also appears to be a full mouth of teeth...*
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
kp
kp
  • Threads: 7
August 3rd, 2011 at 1:06:55 PM permalink
Quote: reno

would you judge a parent

Not unless I were a judge and they came before my bench.

But some people have nothing better to do than to judge others and tell them how to live their lives.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
August 3rd, 2011 at 1:15:53 PM permalink
Quote: reno

Question for the parents on this forum: is it safe to allow a 7 month old baby to chew bubble gum?

With what? No 7-month-old has molars yet. And no, it's not safe -- they've barely just started taking solid foods, if then.

That was Bristol, not Willow, and a 4 1/2 year old can handle gum just fine (as the video shows).
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
August 3rd, 2011 at 1:16:44 PM permalink
Isn't it more likely to be Bristol Palin?

No I wouldn't give a 7 month chewing gum, but the only reason you are asking is to make some point about Sarah Palin... and not on a relevant political issue.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
  • Jump to: