keypunch
keypunch
  • Threads: 6
April 3rd, 2011 at 7:18:19 AM permalink
Every year my wife and I go to Vegas to seek the sun. We usually stay at Bally's or Paris. The main reason is that the sun is on the pool from early morning until well into the afternoon. Apart from these hotels are there others on the strip that have this amount of sun at these times. Most reports I see indicate that buildings cover other hotel pools.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 3rd, 2011 at 9:56:40 AM permalink
Well, I understand that downtown one of the pools although at times shaded is usually subjected to so much reflected sunlight from surrounding buildings that sun burn is deceptively easy. And of course there is the much ballyhooed and Vdara Death Ray which has probably proved a boon to the Vdara.

I guess its a matter of taste, exposure, intensity and sunscreens.
JL2
JL2
  • Threads: 1
April 3rd, 2011 at 11:19:18 AM permalink
Is it wise to be in the sun so long, especially a desert sun? I can only take maybe 2 hours, and if I want more I'll do it again the next day. But I have fair skin and maybe you have olive?
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 3rd, 2011 at 5:54:10 PM permalink
Dunno but I would avoid the IP and Riveria pools. Those are both heavily shaded.

Sahara is pretty nice. Not much time to get there, though. Everywhere else has kind of a "super" pool except New York New York, which I've never seen but haven't heard great things about.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
  • Jump to: