21 votes (63.63%)
12 votes (36.36%)

33 members have voted

DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
April 2nd, 2011 at 1:11:00 PM permalink
Quote: JL2

... FORUM comments are never pursued legally.

False. Just false.

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
JL2
JL2
  • Threads: 1
April 2nd, 2011 at 1:13:23 PM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

False. Just false.

--Ms. D.

I looked, I couldn't find any. If you have an example please post it here so I may learn.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 2nd, 2011 at 2:04:05 PM permalink
I don't think it matters. No one signs a privacy notice, a user agreement, etc to sign up. Wizard may reveal anything he wants, as I recall him doing with a far lesser issue before. However, he doesn't want to on this topic, so he's not going to. If Wiz slandered mkl in a post, maybe a legal issue could arise (however unlikey). If he simply posted a PM that mkl created, nothing would happen. At least I would think not.

I was likewise curious at first, but I'd think the PM wouldn't differ much from any other post he's made when he was angry at someone. Just in this case, the recipient wasn't some random guy who happened to share the same forum, it was someone who actually had a personal relationship with him.

In any case, mkl's too passionate, the forum too interesting, and the Wiz too benevolent for this to be the last. We'll see him again, and then you can ask him.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
JL2
JL2
April 2nd, 2011 at 2:12:38 PM permalink
OK. But if Wiz has a relationship with this guy it had to have started on one of his off days.

I also believe he'll be back, because he's probably been banned from any and all other forums on the internet already. He's like the Reverend Wright of this place.
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
April 2nd, 2011 at 2:50:14 PM permalink
Quote: JL2

I looked, I couldn't find any. If you have an example please post it here so I may learn.

case 1
case 2
case 3
case 4
case 5
case 6

I'm just bored or else I could post many more ...

Need an attorney specializing in prosecuting Internet Demation suits?

get your attorney here

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
JL2
JL2
April 2nd, 2011 at 6:54:46 PM permalink
Thank you, very interesting stuff that I didn't know. Most of them appear to be filed by organizations who had something to lose. But I've read further into each of those and no money has changed hands except to pay the attorneys. And you'd think with all the internet forums there'd be millions of these lawsuits but there just isn't, and it's because opinions can be stated based on free speech. Most of the experts say bothering to sue is a waste of time and resources. You could call me every name in the book and make up false stories about my sex life, my son or anything else, and who really cares if no one knows who either of us really are? It just doesn't make any sense to go through all the trouble when most of the time they go nowhere.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
April 2nd, 2011 at 6:55:34 PM permalink
C'mon, how hard can it be to imagine what MKL said in the PM. He ranted and raved about how stupid we all are and how it was unfair to ban him because he could prove the person he wronged was all the things he said they were. He probably called the Wiz a few ugly names for effect and resigned. He sent me a riotous PM the 2nd time he was banned and I forwarded it to the Wiz at the time. I'd post it here if I could. Are PM's still sacred after the person leaves the forum willingly?
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 178
April 2nd, 2011 at 8:18:45 PM permalink
Sheesh. It really doesn't matter. All this drama makes mkl654321 appear to be more than what it was. It was a common misanthrope with whom we crossed paths on an internet forum. There was nothing special about it, other than it was irritating, but now it's over. No sense reliving it.

Michael, I'm sorry to read that you personally were attacked. I know how much you care about doing what is right. I appreciate what you've done here, we don't say that enough. I will do my best to make that up to you somehow.
NO KILL I
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
April 2nd, 2011 at 8:36:43 PM permalink
Mike, I hope this day was better than yesterday. Don't let what people say on this forum bother you. We're just a bunch of online idiots who really shouldn't matter to you except for the ad revenue that it brings in and where wov.com appears in the search engines.

With respect to MKL, he just let people get to him. That's his falling. There were some things he was truly knowledgeable about, and was a valuable member of the forum. However, he spent an inordinate amount of time commenting about everything which made him appear as a know-it-all. He eventually became a target of many people, including myself, because he could never admit error. There are other members with the same issue on this forum but they clearly are not as eloquent as MKL. The problem is that someone who is very intelligent should also realize that this is an online forum. If you don't like something you see, ignore it for a while, then respond if you feel that you need to. Turn the other cheek.

I hope everything else is well in your life.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
JL2
JL2
April 2nd, 2011 at 9:10:13 PM permalink
I don't think the Wizard is having much of a problem over this. He's got a life. It's the people who make a forum a major part of their daily routine that let these things get to them. Mr. mkl clearly seems to be in that category. Say a prayer for him tonight.

• Jump to: