21 votes (63.63%)
12 votes (36.36%)

33 members have voted

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
April 1st, 2011 at 5:12:52 PM permalink
Quote: JL2

Can't you just picture him gritting his teeth as he reads through all this? What agony he must be experiencing,

I had him blocked and I think a lot of other people did too. I was seeing very few quotes of his posts and he was posting 15 to 20 times a day. All those posts and hardly any response to them, he must have noticed. Whats the fun of being incendiary if nobody notices because they blocked you.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
April 1st, 2011 at 5:47:26 PM permalink
I get bonus points for starting the thread that got him banned.

Thank you Pai Gow Tiles for being so freaking confusing!
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 1st, 2011 at 6:15:22 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

I get bonus points for starting the thread that got him banned.

This is how far we've sunk, taking credit for getting MKL banned? Well, just for the record, the 2nd time he was banned it was for insulting me. Mostly he was banned for insulting Jerry. How insulting Jerry could be a bannable offense is one of them there 'oxy-MORONS' you hear about..
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 178
April 1st, 2011 at 7:24:49 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I see the post he got banned for, whats all this about a PM? Who said there was a PM, I don't see the Wiz mentioning it.

Here's where he mentioned it:

http://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/tables/4892-pai-gow-tiles-help/4/#post64400
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 1st, 2011 at 8:01:51 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Here's where he mentioned it:

http://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/tables/4892-pai-gow-tiles-help/4/#post64400

According to the Wiz's own rules, when someone leaves or is kicked out, they are no longer a member and we can say whatever we like about them. Hmmm, I have to think about this for awhile.
dm
dm
  • Threads: 14
April 2nd, 2011 at 9:44:07 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I don't plan to publish it. If I did, I think some would say it isn't THAT bad. However, I knew mkl personally and one comment in particular cut right to the heart.

It has been a bad day for me on other fronts too. I'd prefer to just get past it and move on.

Well, most of us don't know you personally, but nearly everyone on here must consider you a very nice guy. So put this band aid
on that cut and consider it healed. You do a great job with your sites.
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
April 2nd, 2011 at 10:16:18 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I don't plan to publish it. If I did, I think some would say it isn't THAT bad. However, I knew mkl personally and one comment in particular cut right to the heart.

It has been a bad day for me on other fronts too. I'd prefer to just get past it and move on..

It is none of our business. PM's are private. I think publishing it without MKL's explicit permission would be unethical, no matter the content. (Exception. If he is threatening you or you need the PM as evidence for a lawsuit, then you can make it public through the appropriate legal process).

Sorry about your bad day ... remember ... "This too shall pass" ...

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
JL2
JL2
  • Threads: 1
April 2nd, 2011 at 10:31:46 AM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

It is none of our business. PM's are private. I think publishing it without MKL's explicit permission would be unethical, no matter the content. (Exception. If he is threatening you or you need the PM as evidence for a lawsuit, then you can make it public through the appropriate legal process).

Sorry about your bad day ... remember ... "This too shall pass" ...

--Ms. D.

Lawsuits because of comments on the Internet are almost non-existent, and policies of keeping PM's private are only a matter of courtesy. 100% no doubt this guy has mental issues, but I don't believe he threatened anyone or even would know how to do that. What he does thrive on is trying to make others look small in comparison, and since he got humiliated by being suspended he probably couldn't help himself with another verbal assault.
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
April 2nd, 2011 at 12:24:54 PM permalink
Quote: JL2

Lawsuits because of comments on the Internet are almost non-existent.

This is just false. They happen all the time. Just think of the lawsuits because of bullying on Facebook. What about the teacher who said nasty things about the student just yesterday and is already being sued? I have a girlfriend who is being sued for stuff she posted about 6 months ago -- for $20,000. I have had a lawyer threaten me for my posts on another board and call my boss with a cease-and-desist.

What about this: for example.

And if someone is a raging lunatic, as MKL appears to be, I sure wouldn't want to incite the person, life is too short to defend lawsuits ...

And, take a gander in the mirror ... are you the type of person who really wants to know that kind of dirt about someone? I think the high road here is to trust the people you trust ...

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
JL2
JL2
  • Threads: 1
April 2nd, 2011 at 12:54:32 PM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

This is just false. They happen all the time. Just think of the lawsuits because of bullying on Facebook. What about the teacher who said nasty things about the student just yesterday and is already being sued? I have a girlfriend who is being sued for stuff she posted about 6 months ago -- for $20,000. I have had a lawyer threaten me for my posts on another board and call my boss with a cease-and-desist.

What about this: for example.

And if someone is a raging lunatic, as MKL appears to be, I sure wouldn't want to incite the person, life is too short to defend lawsuits ...

And, take a gander in the mirror ... are you the type of person who really wants to know that kind of dirt about someone? I think the high road here is to trust the people you trust ...

--Ms. D.

That seems to be paranoia taken to the nth degree because FORUM comments are never pursued legally. It's a big waste of time and no one can ever prove someone wasn't just expressing an opinion, which is allowed no matter what is said. This isn't Facebook or Twitter. 99.99% of everyone posting on forums are anonymous, and that same amount of time rotten comments are made on another completely anonymous person. I'll say it right here: from what I've read, Mr. mkl is a serious mental job. I'm no winner either, but if someone want to label me whatever, no damage is done because no one knows who I am.

• Jump to: