Poll

21 votes (63.63%)
12 votes (36.36%)

33 members have voted

buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
April 4th, 2011 at 5:09:50 PM permalink
You are really old if the last time you played solitaire itwas with a deck of physical cards.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 4th, 2011 at 5:23:18 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

LOL... actually, I found my hometown location, through google, using information I've posted freely here. It wouldn't take much past that to find out the rest.

Scranton, Pa., home of Joe Biden?
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 178
April 4th, 2011 at 6:05:11 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Quote: DJTeddyBear

Actually, he's from Truth or Consequences, New Mexico

Note how the R and F are next to each other on the keyboard :)

Yeah, that's why I was ready to let that go.

But confusing Arizona and New Mexico? Only an AZ politician can do that!
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
April 4th, 2011 at 6:39:18 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

Scranton, Pa., home of Joe Biden?

Don't forget "The Office."
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
April 4th, 2011 at 8:51:26 PM permalink
My wife and I had a small group of our neighbors over this evening for a little socializing, and the young lady from the condo across the hall was the last to leave. She is a private investigator, and the conversation drifted to the topic of on-line security and privacy. I raised the issue of identifying an individual's precise location and identity from an IP address. She said that she was not able to do it herself but that one of her associates had the ability. She said he could also obtain such difficult information as the owner of a post office box and his/her actual residence or business location. She did not know for certain whether he could do it for private mail delivery facilities (e.g., Mail Boxes Etc.).

I mentioned to her the comments in this forum about the need for a signed court order to obtain such information legally. She had a facial expression that I interpreted as, "I don't want to discuss whether all of his methods are strictly legal, but he can get the information when it is necessary." Of course, I could have misread that facial expression, and I didn't think I should press her on such an issue.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
April 4th, 2011 at 9:44:56 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

She said that she was not able to do it herself but that one of her associates had the ability. She said he could also obtain such difficult information as the owner of a post office box and his/her actual residence or business location. She did not know for certain whether he could do it for private mail delivery facilities (e.g., Mail Boxes Etc.).

Your hear people say this all the time. They're either being deluded or they're lying. When I owned the the mail box franchise, I was the the only person, besides the renter himself, who knew what his real name and address were and what box they were renting. There was no 'secret' way to obtain it. It was on a floppy disc (this was the late 80's and early 90's) and locked in a safe. If there was a way to get it, the cops wouldn't have been in there all the time waving their badges around. Its the same for an ISP address. The provider has it and can go to jail for giving it up. The same for the Post Office. Private investigators love to give the impression they can do everything. They can't. Real life isn't like The Rockford Files..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

• Jump to: