Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
February 18th, 2011 at 11:58:52 PM permalink
Watch this

That was a trailer for a new Zombie video game called Dead Island. If the game even comes close to invoking some of the feelings the trailer did then it is going to be awesome. There is already talk of a movie based around the same premise. If that even gets close to the game trailer I would say that it would without doubt become the best zombie movie ever. The Walking Dead has already given us some interesting moments in the zombie world. A modern movie not made by George A Romero (Night of the Living Dead - Amazing, Dawn of the Dead - My favourite, anything since Day of the Dead, poor) might put some much needed pathos back into the genre.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
February 19th, 2011 at 12:38:44 AM permalink
Quote: Croupier

Watch this

That was a trailer for a new Zombie video game called Dead Island. If the game even comes close to invoking some of the feelings the trailer did then it is going to be awesome. There is already talk of a movie based around the same premise. If that even gets close to the game trailer I would say that it would without doubt become the best zombie movie ever. The Walking Dead has already given us some interesting moments in the zombie world. A modern movie not made by George A Romero (Night of the Living Dead - Amazing, Dawn of the Dead - My favourite, anything since Day of the Dead, poor) might put some much needed pathos back into the genre.

The reverse timeline is engaging for the trailer, but I can't see them incorporating it into the game. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

I agree that Romero's, "Dawn of the Dead" is a classic. It just feels like there are so many movies now dealing with reanimated corpses/mutant viruses. It gets old. I did enjoy "Shaun of the Dead" though. It was, in a word, "Refreshing"
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
February 19th, 2011 at 12:42:23 AM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

The reverse timeline is engaging for the trailer, but I can't see them incorporating it into the game. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

I think the game is going to be a standard linear timeline. Although I would like more back and forth. But azombie film a la Memento would IMO, be great.

Quote: Ayecarumba

I agree that Romero's, "Dawn of the Dead" is a classic. It just feels like there are so many movies now dealing with reanimated corpses/mutant viruses. It gets old. I did enjoy "Shaun of the Dead" though. It was, in a word, "Refreshing"

Shaun of the Dead is great. I love the bit when the Zombie Holocaust is kicking in and he goes to the shop. I have seen the film about 10 times and it still makes me laugh.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
  • Threads: 17
February 19th, 2011 at 4:51:12 AM permalink
HALLOWEEN III
  • Jump to: