Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1423
  • Posts: 24364
February 3rd, 2011 at 3:08:57 AM permalink
I'll look into this. Poker is not a priority downtown, but I think we could work something out at Binion's or the Golden Nugget. I think I heard something that if you have a large enough group you can rent the table and dealer by the hour and there is no rake. I also don't rule out getting a large suite at the MSS and using a dining room table for the game.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Croupier
Croupier
Joined: Nov 15, 2009
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 1258
February 4th, 2011 at 9:11:46 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'll look into this. Poker is not a priority downtown, but I think we could work something out at Binion's or the Golden Nugget.



We should be easily able to get enough for one table. My preference would be Binion's, due to the fact I had a good time with them on 2007, and it is the birthpace of the World Series after all. Ill fire off a few emails too, and let you know the results.

Quote: Wizard

I think I heard something that if you have a large enough group you can rent the table and dealer by the hour and there is no rake. I also don't rule out getting a large suite at the MSS and using a dining room table for the game.



Does the MSS even have suites? I looked into online booking but could not find anything but standard rooms.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 194
  • Posts: 10735
February 4th, 2011 at 10:31:21 AM permalink
I can't make it, but . . .


Quote: Wizard

I think I heard something that if you have a large enough group you can rent the table and dealer by the hour and there is no rake.

Unlike reserving a table on the main floor, getting a private table in the poker room is surprisingly easy to do.

You just call a few days ahead of time so that they will be sure to have the extra dealers available. There is a set price and a minimum number of hours. Note that if it's just one table, then the minimum could be as little as one hour. If you schedule it right when the shift changes, they may just have a dealer stay longer, so there is no minimum hours.

They usually allow you to extend the time past whatever you originally requested. As long as you're paying the rental price, which is just slightly more than their expected rake rate at a full table, they'll let it remain private - even if there are only two players. When you've had enough of that, they'll keep it open as a regular raked table, and fill the empty seats from the wait list.


Quote: Croupier

My preference would be Binion's, due to the fact I had a good time with them on 2007, and it is the birthpace of the World Series after all.

I was there two times: Aug 2006 and Sept 2009. While there is a lot of cool WSOP memorobilia and history there, the ill-will from the Harrah's deal was so thick you could cut it with a knife. All over, there was signs and posters stating "Binion's - The place that made poker famous."
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
February 4th, 2011 at 10:33:07 AM permalink
Quote: Croupier

We should be easily able to get enough for one table.



How many people per table?

In any case, count me in. I love playing poker with friends.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Croupier
Croupier
Joined: Nov 15, 2009
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 1258
February 4th, 2011 at 10:46:44 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

How many people per table?



A full table is 10. There were 8 Definates on the Wovcon Attendee thread, and about 12 possibles. If everyone turns up thats 2 tables, but I always expect people not to turn up. If we can get a tournament set up as opposed to a cash game, it shouldnt be a problem.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7237
February 4th, 2011 at 11:19:53 AM permalink
Quote: Croupier

A full table is 10. There were 8 Definates on the Wovcon Attendee thread, and about 12 possibles. If everyone turns up thats 2 tables, but I always expect people not to turn up. If we can get a tournament set up as opposed to a cash game, it shouldnt be a problem.



Confirming that I am in for the poker tourney sub-event. Also volunteering as assistant timekeeper of the physical challenge;-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Croupier
Croupier
Joined: Nov 15, 2009
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 1258
February 10th, 2011 at 5:39:44 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Confirming that I am in for the poker tourney sub-event. Also volunteering as assistant timekeeper of the physical challenge;-)



Looking forward to it.

I fired off a couple of emails to both the Golden Nugget and Binion's a week ago. I still have not heard anything back. If any of the Vegas locals read this and are in the Downtown Neighbourhood, would you mind popping in and asking a few questions about private poker tourneys?

Thanks in advance if you do.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 597
February 10th, 2011 at 5:45:21 PM permalink
I've ran several private tourneys for my forum. Plaza has always been very easy to work with. Palms was also willing to work with us but the rake was too high.
EvenBob: "Look America, I have a tiny wee-wee, can anybody help me?"
Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
February 17th, 2011 at 2:07:32 PM permalink
I move we bump up the thread at least once a week.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Croupier
Croupier
Joined: Nov 15, 2009
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 1258
February 17th, 2011 at 2:34:41 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

I move we bump up the thread at least once a week.



Good Idea. HAs anyone had any luck in visiting or contacting a casino about poker? I still have not had a reply from them.
[This space is intentionally left blank]

  • Jump to: