Croupier
Croupier
Joined: Nov 15, 2009
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 1258
February 1st, 2011 at 8:14:43 AM permalink
WoVCon will be happening at the Main Street Station on June 15th. There has been some discussion of possible events spaced around, and maybe this thread could pull it together.

There was talk by the Wizard of both a Trivia Quiz and some sort of physical activites. Im loving the Quiz idea, and volunteered as official timekeeper for the race. Nick(sGamingStuff) suggested nametags with Usernames on which I think is a good idea.

My wife also suggested a possible side event, possibly for the day after. It involves the Sahara NASCAR Cafe, the 3B Burrito, and a $100 wager. Everyone puts up $100, whoever eats most of the burrito on 90 minutes, then keeps it down for the following 90, gets the pot. Failure to finish the burrito, costs $20, so there would still be a decent amount of money in the pot if a few of us tried it.

This stemmed from the Wizard offering me odds last year that I could not finish it, a bet I did not take.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
teddys
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5522
February 1st, 2011 at 8:58:55 AM permalink
Poker game? The burrito contest sounds fun, but it might also be fun to do something with the shrimp cocktails at the Golden Gate, or the deep-fried Twinkies at Mermaids.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
February 1st, 2011 at 9:28:27 AM permalink
What kind of time frame do we expect? The afternoon, the whole day, perhaps something the next day? I've a pretty open schedule, so I'm game for about anything.

For now I think I'll arrive in Vegas the 13th or 14th and stay til the 20th or 21st.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Croupier
Croupier
Joined: Nov 15, 2009
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 1258
February 1st, 2011 at 9:44:17 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

What kind of time frame do we expect? The afternoon, the whole day, perhaps something the next day? I've a pretty open schedule, so I'm game for about anything.



I was thinking the afternoon of the 15th, hence why I set the time for 2pm. I was thinking spending most of the afternoon. Anyone who wanted to carry on into the evening could, and maybe stretch it over 2 days depending how we get on. We could always arrange other things between ourselves after the initial meet.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
February 1st, 2011 at 9:53:41 AM permalink
Quote: Croupier

I was thinking the afternoon of the 15th, hence why I set the time for 2pm. I was thinking spending most of the afternoon. Anyone who wanted to carry on into the evening could, and maybe stretch it over 2 days depending how we get on. We could always arrange other things between ourselves after the initial meet.



Okay, that would be fair enough.

And you and I have to get together for the IP buffet, then each write a review. You're not getting off the hook on that one ;)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Croupier
Croupier
Joined: Nov 15, 2009
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 1258
February 1st, 2011 at 9:56:51 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Okay, that would be fair enough.

And you and I have to get together for the IP buffet, then each write a review. You're not getting off the hook on that one ;)



Dont worry. I am actually looking forward to it. The fear has not started to creep in yet.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
February 1st, 2011 at 10:11:17 AM permalink
Quote: Croupier

Dont worry. I am actually looking forward to it. The fear has not started to creep in yet.



I carry tums in my purse at all times. I'd be glad to add a small bottle of pepto.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7237
February 1st, 2011 at 10:28:38 AM permalink
I think many of us will be there with ACG/LVA in-hand. Maybe we could do some kind of "tournament" with a small prize to the person who gets the most gaming value out of the books over some shortish timeframe?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Croupier
Croupier
Joined: Nov 15, 2009
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 1258
February 1st, 2011 at 11:27:59 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I think many of us will be there with ACG/LVA in-hand. Maybe we could do some kind of "tournament" with a small prize to the person who gets the most gaming value out of the books over some shortish timeframe?



Well, I know I will have copy of the ACG, as I am planning a coupon run over the whole vacation. Could be a possibility.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
Croupier
Croupier
Joined: Nov 15, 2009
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 1258
February 2nd, 2011 at 11:23:28 PM permalink
Just a quick update.

I have been in touch with Main Street Station, who have confirmed what I already guessed from their website. They have no Texas Hold'em poker. No Boyd Gaming property Downtown does. Should we wish to arrange a poker tournament, this would have to be done at a different venue.

I also looked into the possibility of private BJ and Craps Tables, but they do not offer this facility.
[This space is intentionally left blank]

  • Jump to: