10 votes (29.41%)
15 votes (44.11%)
9 votes (26.47%)

34 members have voted

Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
October 14th, 2010 at 12:14:32 AM permalink
Well as suggested by someone (I think it was JerryLogan) I have put together a plan for the first WOVCon. I have also put another poll in here to try and get more of a sense of numbers. As the Wizard could attend I thought his choice of venue would be appropriate.

Date: Wednesday June 15th 2011
Meeting Place: 777 Brew Pub.
Time: 2pm.

Let me know what you think.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1423
October 14th, 2010 at 12:56:37 AM permalink
Count me in. The Palace Station was the meeting place for the first WoV coffee, I might add.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 14th, 2010 at 7:18:40 AM permalink
Barring unforseen developments, I should have no problem attending.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
ElectricDreams
ElectricDreams
  • Threads: 4
October 14th, 2010 at 7:36:37 AM permalink
I'm going in March already, and my budget doesn't allow for two Vegas trips so close to each other. Oh well... would have been interesting meeting you all, despite my recent arrival at this board!
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
October 14th, 2010 at 2:57:07 PM permalink
Wizard - Fantastic. I look forward to meeting you again. And it being at the smae place as your first coffee lend a strange symmetry to it.

Nareed - Great. I hope everything goes ok, and am looking forward to meeting you as I have always enjoyed your posts.

ElectricDreams - Its a shame, but hopefully youll still get to meet the Wizard in March when you go. He normally makes a point of meeting anyone from this board whos interested in meeting him, and its well worth it.

And with 6 positive answers and a couple of maybe's, looks like it could all go quite well.

Touch Wood.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
October 14th, 2010 at 3:12:02 PM permalink
I voted that I would attend this morning. And since I am through Vegas a couple of times a week anyway, I could use a few days off and good conversation.

Count me in! I wouldn't miss it!

And Wiz: I am a smoker...would I perish trying to get to the top of Red Cap or whatever it is called? Think I would like to try anyway....
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1423
October 14th, 2010 at 4:41:28 PM permalink
Quote: avargov

I am a smoker...would I perish trying to get to the top of Red Cap or whatever it is called? Think I would like to try anyway....

That is a strike against you, but I don't rule it out. Just because somebody smokes doesn't mean they are out of shape. When I did the triathlon last month a friend of a friend beat my time, and he is a smoker. I think a good litmus test would be if you could do 50 flights on a stair machine at a respectable pace.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 14th, 2010 at 4:56:38 PM permalink
Quote: Croupier

Nareed - Great. I hope everything goes ok, and am looking forward to meeting you as I have always enjoyed your posts.

Likewise.

BTW perhaps we should set up a WOVCon site or a blog to keep updates, further infomration, etc, with links to this site. In any case someone should post on this thread at least weekly to keep it visible.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 14th, 2010 at 5:03:56 PM permalink
I'm in:-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
October 14th, 2010 at 5:08:37 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

That is a strike against you, but I don't rule it out. Just because somebody smokes doesn't mean they are out of shape. When I did the triathlon last month a friend of a friend beat my time, and he is a smoker. I think a good litmus test would be if you could do 50 flights on a stair machine at a respectable pace.

I think that I will use this as a challenge. My goal will be to get in good enough shape to get to the top if you would care to join me. Hell, it's 7 months away, I may even use this as a reason to stop smoking!
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson

• Jump to: