1 vote (3.12%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (3.12%)

32 members have voted

petro
petro
  • Threads: 17
January 6th, 2011 at 6:08:00 AM permalink
That has got to be the longest single post I have ever read.
With references too.
Congrats PaulEWog.
thlf
thlf
  • Threads: 16
January 6th, 2011 at 6:43:56 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

If this is so, then it is evidence of a sociopathic personality disorder, IMO. This would be a person who has met with Mr Shackleford, spent a pleasant afternoon discussing gaming, played some machines for a while, and then left on apparently good terms... then coming here under a pseudonym and crapping up his forums. Normal folks just don't do that sort of thing.

If you have any doubts just read this thread, especially all of RS parts. It is definitely the sign of a sociopathic personality disorder.

http://www.vegasrex.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11431
Mosca
Mosca 
  • Threads: 178
January 6th, 2011 at 7:05:22 AM permalink
Quote: thlf

If you have any doubts just read this thread, especially all of RS parts. It is definitely the sign of a sociopathic personality disorder.

http://www.vegasrex.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11431

OK, in vegasrex his writing style is exactly the same as Logan's.
NO KILL I
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
January 8th, 2011 at 10:51:46 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

OK, in vegasrex his writing style is exactly the same as Logan's.

He also says the exact same thing about the four-cylinder engine being a girly car.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1312
January 8th, 2011 at 4:09:10 PM permalink
I just lifted Rob's suspension. However, he told me by PM that he does not plan to return. I believe he meant that ultimatum to be quoted in public, so I don't think I'm breaking my own rule about quoting from private communication.

The reason he is resigning is mostly in protest that I didn't punish mkl for calling Rob Singer a fraud, while punishing himself and Jerry for other personal insults. The reason I didn't punish mkl was that he put a lot of evidence behind it, while Rob and Jerry resorted to unsubstantiated insults.

To avoid such slippery slopes in the future, I am no longer going to allow personal insults of forum members and their immediate family (especially their wives), even if evidence is submitted to justify the insult. My policy is you may attack the writing, but not writer, outside of the FSZ. I'm going to call this the Rob Singer rule, in his honor.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
January 8th, 2011 at 4:22:16 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

To avoid such slippery slopes in the future, I am no longer going to allow personal insults of forum members and their immediate family (especially their wives), even if evidence is submitted to justify the insult. My policy is you may attack the writing, but not writer, outside of the FSZ. I'm going to call this the Rob Singer rule, in his honor.

That's an even slipperier slope, methinks. I've used the phrase "system huckster" in the past, hardly a positive appellation -- would I merit a suspension under your new policy? What constitutes an insult is very much in the eye of the beholder, and neither you or the US government have ever recognized a "right to not be offended". Be careful that you don't clamp down on speech so much that you end up suspending everyone.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
January 8th, 2011 at 4:29:08 PM permalink

I just lifted Rob's suspension. However, he told me by PM that he does not plan to return..

Gosh, what a shock. But take heart, his doppleganger Jerry will be back soon for more good times until he gets banned for a month for his next offense. Always something to look forward to.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 8th, 2011 at 4:32:27 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

That's an even slipperier slope, methinks. I've used the phrase "system huckster" in the past, hardly a positive appellation -- would I merit a suspension under your new policy? What constitutes an insult is very much in the eye of the beholder, and neither you or the US government have ever recognized a "right to not be offended". Be careful that you don't clamp down on speech so much that you end up suspending everyone.

Suspend ANYONE who offends YOU, Wizard. There is no sense in trying to split hairs on the rules--if someone says something that offends you, boot them. I am not saying we should not discuss, disagree, express opinions, etc.--I just think we need less time spent on rulings and more time spent on driving this forum back to the great place it was before certain people that some would call "trolls" came along.

It is your forum and it is up to you what you should allow.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
January 8th, 2011 at 5:02:54 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

It is your forum and it is up to you what you should allow.

I agree, but that's why I think it's better to have a moderator act as a moderator (on a case-by-case basis) rather than trying to enact and then enforce a strict set of rules. It'd be a shame if you got suspended for calling someone a troll, for example.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
January 8th, 2011 at 5:13:47 PM permalink

The reason he is resigning is mostly in protest that I didn't punish mkl for calling Rob Singer a fraud, while punishing himself and Jerry for other personal insults. The reason I didn't punish mkl was that he put a lot of evidence behind it, while Rob and Jerry resorted to unsubstantiated insults.

So I assume that when Singer returns as JerryLogan, you will hold him to these new standards? If so, he'll last about half a day. And I strongly suspect that the real reason Singer has decided to no longer grace us with his presence (at least as "Rob Singer") is that this forum has been a pretty barren hunting ground for him. There just aren't enough credulous people here to be worth his while.

I'd like to know what exactly constitues an "insult". Is it saying anything critical about anyone? Would "Hitler was a bad man" be considered an insult? Would "John Candy is fat" be considered an insult? Also, does the rule only apply to forum members?

–verb (used with object)
1. to treat or speak to insolently or with contemptuous rudeness; affront.
2. to affect as an affront; offend or demean.
3. Archaic . to attack; assault.

I think the prior de facto rule is more germane to the above definition: if you call someone a (whatever), be prepared to back it up. However, this forum seems to now have a "higher", or less reasonable standard, whichever your point of view may be, AND THAT HAS APPARENTLY BEEN CAUSED BY THE ACTIONS OF ROB SINGER. So in a very real way, Singer has garbaged up yet another gambling forum with his nonsense.

I will, as everyone else, be walking on eggshells, I suppose, and the only good thing about the new rule is that if applied evenly, it will hasten the exit of Singer's alias as well as Singer himself.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw

• Jump to: