No votes (0%)
1 vote (3.03%)

33 members have voted

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 9th, 2011 at 4:10:27 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I just sent Jerry a PM giving him a chance to offer a rebuttal before I make my decision. He is suspended until the 13th anyway, so I don't see a reason to rush it.

Singer has an ego problem. Or a small penis problem, one or the other. He delights in making statements he can't back up, then insults people when they demand to see facts. He insulted me in a PM this week six ways from Sunday, for no reason. I can't reveal the contents except to say it was uncalled for. What does this guy want? Is his self image so in need of pumping up that he has to constantly make a fool of himself just to keep his name in the forums? He's obviously a jerk/deluxe and why anybody would listen to him is a mystery.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
January 9th, 2011 at 4:14:56 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Singer has an ego problem. Or a small penis problem, one or the other. He delights in making statements he can't back up, then insults people when they demand to see facts. He insulted me in a PM this week six ways from Sunday, for no reason. I can't reveal the contents except to say it was uncalled for. What does this guy want? Is his self image so in need of pumping up that he has to constantly make a fool of himself just to keep his name in the forums? He's obviously a jerk/deluxe and why anybody would listen to him is a mystery.

Well, the Wizard did say he doesnt consider Singer a forum member any more, so maybe the confidentiality of PM's from him no longer applies. That way you could expose him for the rat bastard he is, as opposed to what he thinks he is.

Glad the Wizard allows insults of non members. I needed to get that out of my system Ill be back to my normal self now.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 9th, 2011 at 5:03:05 PM permalink
Quote: Croupier

Well, the Wizard did say he doesnt consider Singer a forum member any more, so maybe the confidentiality of PM's from him no longer applies. That way you could expose him for the rat bastard he is, as opposed to what he thinks he is.

Glad the Wizard allows insults of non members. I needed to get that out of my system Ill be back to my normal self now.

I had not thought about publishing private PMs from former members. Let me just say that I find quoting personal communication for the purpose of embarrassing the writer to be bad etiquette, no matter who it is from, to, or the venue.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
January 9th, 2011 at 5:04:05 PM permalink

I had not thought about publishing private PMs from former members. Let me just say that I find quoting personal communication for the purpose of embarrassing them to be bad etiquette, no matter who it is from, to, or the venue.

Thanks for the clarification.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 9th, 2011 at 5:12:52 PM permalink

Let me just say that I find quoting personal communication for the purpose of embarrassing them to be bad etiquette, no matter who it is from, to, or the venue.

I didn't quote from it, I mentioned it. Big difference.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 9th, 2011 at 9:20:37 PM permalink
Jerry has issued a challenge via PM. He says that he will bet anyone who voted in this poll that he isn't Rob Singer. I would hold all money in escrow, to be paid to the winner. If enough money is collected to warrant his bother then he would come up to Vegas with proof of identification and employment. I am not sure how much will take to get him to make the trip.

For now, who will put up their hard earned dollars on the challenge, and how much?
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
January 9th, 2011 at 9:23:14 PM permalink
Why doesn't the Wizard or one of his minions just go to the next "training session" in Laughlin where RS and JL will supposedly be together in the same room?
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 9th, 2011 at 9:24:10 PM permalink

For now, who will put up their hard earned dollars on the challenge, and how much?

I don't care enough, I doubt anybody does. I'd rather see a pool for how long it will take Jerry to get banned for a month once he returns.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 9th, 2011 at 9:25:19 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

Why doesn't the Wizard or one of his minions just go to the next "training session" in Laughlin where RS and JL will supposedly be together in the same room?

In the same body, you mean.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
January 9th, 2011 at 9:28:21 PM permalink

Jerry has issued a challenge via PM. He says that he will bet anyone who voted in this poll that he isn't Rob Singer. I would hold all money in escrow, to be paid to the winner. If enough money is collected to warrant his bother then he would come up to Vegas with proof of identification and employment. I am not sure how much will take to get him to make the trip.

I'll put up $1.25. Enough for a 25 cent max bet on video poker when the non-randomness is scheduled to pay out quads to make sure the machine hits a minimum payback threshold.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 9th, 2011 at 9:41:28 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

In the same body, you mean.

I already met Rob Singer. So I would be expecting somebody different.

This isn't coming from me, but I think Jerry is going to say "put up or shut up" when his suspension is over.
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
January 9th, 2011 at 9:53:54 PM permalink

That would only prove that a person named "Jerry Logan" actually exists, and no one really disputed that. The real question is, are the internet personae "Rob Singer", and "Jerry Logan" and all the other Jerrypeople, one and the same person.

If Jerry could somehow prove that he and "Rob Singer" are not the same person, that would be interesting. This would mean: "JerryLogan", and all the other Jerrys other forum members have unearthed, are not the same poster as "Rob Singer", and the person who generates the "Rob Singer" posts and poses as "Rob Singer" on his website, has never posted on any of the forums in question under the names, "JerryLogan" et al.

I'm not going to bet that Jerry Logan the human being doesn't exist. We have already had independent confirmation of that. But even if he did make the trip to Vegas, identification in hand, that wouldn't prove that he ISN'T the individual who posts as "Rob Singer". For that matter, it wouldn't prove that he IS the person who posts as "JerryLogan".

So I'll accept the challenge in this fashion:

1. Jerry the human has to prove that he is the same person as the "JerryLogan" of WoV fame.
2. He has to prove that he is the sole author of the posts made here under that name.
3. He has to prove that the posts made under the name of "Rob Singer" were made by an individual other than him (it doesn't matter who that other person is).
3A. He has to prove that he has never posted under the name, "Rob Singer."
4. He has to prove that the above holds true for all the other websites mentioned in PaulEWog and others' posts.

If he brings incontrovertible proof of these things, and you accept them to your satisfaction, I'll give him a copy of "Video Poker For Winners", $10 (the money he throws away every 90 hands by playing 6/5 Bonus Poker), and a big, wet sloppy kiss. I won't actually be there, so you'll have to do it for me.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
mkl654321
mkl654321
January 9th, 2011 at 10:01:03 PM permalink

I already met Rob Singer. So I would be expecting somebody different.

This isn't coming from me, but I think Jerry is going to say "put up or shut up" when his suspension is over.

In the face of overwhelming evidence, the burden of proof has shifted to RobJerry. So he is the one who should put up or shut up (actually, what he should do is shut up even if he DOES put up, but I have no hope of that--he's got two weeks' worth of diarrhea saved up, and he must let it out).

What I'm really hoping for, and expecting, is that he won't be able to control himself, and he'll get banned again. And then we will have achieved that state of grace, that higher existence that no gambling forum/message board has ever achieved: an environment free of both Jerry Logan AND Rob Singer. Dare we hope?
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 9th, 2011 at 10:05:07 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

If he brings incontrovertible proof of these things, and you accept them to your satisfaction, I'll give him a copy of "Video Poker For Winners", $10 (the money he throws away every 90 hands by playing 6/5 Bonus Poker), and a big, wet sloppy kiss. I won't actually be there, so you'll have to do it for me.

Well, I think the kicker would be an autographed photo of Bob Dancer if you can get one.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
mkl654321
mkl654321
January 9th, 2011 at 10:11:22 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Well, I think the kicker would be an autographed photo of Bob Dancer if you can get one.

OK, but should he sign it "To Jerry", "To 'Jerry' ", or "To Rob"?
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
January 9th, 2011 at 10:31:22 PM permalink
Jerry Logan emails the Wizard. The chain is yanked, everyone starts barking again.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 9th, 2011 at 10:37:48 PM permalink
RE: mkl's conditions

I can quiz him on the forum or supervise him writing some posts. It would be difficult to find some other Jerry Logan to pass such a test. Jerry also said he would have one of his drivers deliver himself in a company truck to my house.

I'm sure the biggest skeptic could say that Rob Singer could find somebody named Jerry Logan in the phone book, train him in all the fake Jerry's mannerisms and opinions, and have some truck driver deliver him to my door. However, is he really going to go that far over what is so far $1.25 and a picture of Bob Dancer pledged?
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
January 9th, 2011 at 10:45:30 PM permalink
I will kick in a Free Drink Coupon I have from Club Bingo on Fremont.

EDIT: But I want a birth certificate. Preferably from Hawaii
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
mkl654321
mkl654321
January 9th, 2011 at 10:55:36 PM permalink

RE: mkl's conditions

I can quiz him on the forum or supervise him writing some posts. It would be difficult to find some other Jerry Logan to pass such a test. Jerry also said he would have one of his drivers deliver himself in a company truck to my house.

I'm sure the biggest skeptic could say that Rob Singer could find somebody named Jerry Logan in the phone book, train him in all the fake Jerry's mannerisms and opinions, and have some truck driver deliver him to my door. However, is he really going to go that far over what is so far $1.25 and a picture of Bob Dancer pledged?

So you would rely on face recognition to determine that the person who showed up was not that same person (who you, as you say, have met) who calls himself "Rob Singer"? Fine. You would then have established that the human being, Jerry Logan, exists. But how would you prove the crux of the issue--that "JerryLogan" and "Rob Singer", THE INTERNET PERSONAE, are or are not one and the same?

Also, the person you met earlier isn't "Rob Singer" at all--that's a pseudonym. So my question still is--even if Jerry Logan the human showed up at your doorstep, ID in hand, what would that prove about "JerryLogan", "Rob Singer", or Rob Singer?

And by the way, you are understating the fabulous reward Jerry would receive. See my previous post. He now stands to receive $11.25, a copy of Dancer's book, an autographed photo of Dancer, and a big wet sloppy kiss. I don't see how he'll be able to resist.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
January 10th, 2011 at 12:20:33 AM permalink

Also, the person you met earlier isn't "Rob Singer" at all--that's a pseudonym. So my question still is--even if Jerry Logan the human showed up at your doorstep, ID in hand, what would that prove about "JerryLogan", "Rob Singer", or Rob Singer?

What's to say that Jerry Logan isn't also a pseudonym too?
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
mkl654321
mkl654321
January 10th, 2011 at 12:32:19 AM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

What's to say that Jerry Logan isn't also a pseudonym too?

I assume that if a Wiz-Jerry meeting occurs, Jerry will be carrying some ID. He will then, presumably, vouch for being the author of the "JerryLogan" posts, as well as the others mentioned on other forums. The Wiz can then verify whether he is, in fact, the author, since JerryLogan's posting style is so, er......distinctive. ("Who are the unhappiest people in the world?" "Where do the women not shave their legs?" "What are the main character flaws that cause non-belief in Rob Singer?" etc.)

NB: "Who do you hate?" would not be a good question to use, since any answer, essentially, would be correct.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 10th, 2011 at 12:46:10 AM permalink

I'm sure the biggest skeptic could say that Rob Singer could find somebody named Jerry Logan in the phone book, train him in all the fake Jerry's mannerisms and opinions, and have some truck driver deliver him to my door.

I think the biggest skeptic would say: this was the angle RS/JL had in mind right from the beginning. As it has been claimed he doesn't make money from charging people***, so coming to the forum and always being actually two persons in reality, but giving us reasons to believe it is the same person, now he goes to reel all the fish in when in fact, despite all kinds of circumstantial evidence, there actually will be a Jerry Logan and a Rob Singer. So, they collect on a bet. Easy money.

As someone once said, the best bets you can make are ones where you already know the outcome, and you can get somebody to bet you.

Of course, that's what the biggest skeptic would say. Not necessarily me. : )

***(disputed by some, but be that as it may, for the sake of argument)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
January 10th, 2011 at 5:53:39 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Jerry Logan emails the Wizard. The chain is yanked, everyone starts barking again.

ROTFLMAO. BEST TWO SENTENCES I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG LONG TIME
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
January 10th, 2011 at 6:02:00 PM permalink
Sigh. Maybe MKL is JL's alter-ego. I mean, we're all on-line persona. I accept that if JL meets the Wizard, then he is JL. I've met the Wizard, and he knows that I am real :)

I've met the Wizard, therefore I am. (Descartes)
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
January 10th, 2011 at 6:07:53 PM permalink

How much to keep him away from Vegas? I pledge $1 US for that purpose.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
January 10th, 2011 at 6:35:04 PM permalink
LOL, the bet assumes I actually give a shit who is who.
A falling knife has no handle.
TheNightfly
TheNightfly
  • Threads: 23
January 10th, 2011 at 9:07:29 PM permalink
Once again I ask... why does anyone here give either of the two of them the time of day? Ignore them and their posts and the question of whether or not they are the same person and I assure you one thing will become very clear - without anyone feeding their egos they will go away.
Happiness is underrated
mkl654321
mkl654321
January 10th, 2011 at 9:15:36 PM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

ROTFLMAO. BEST TWO SENTENCES I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG LONG TIME

Dumbest two sentences. There's more at issue here than Jerry. If Rob Singer can be exposed for a fraud, and for posting under an alias in multiple forums, then perhaps we can publish this information far and wide and extinguish him for good. His "vptruth" nonsense won't do him any good if people can see the dogshit he's posted here as "JerryLogan".

Jerry, by himself, is just another nasty internet troll--not worth caring about. (I refer to Jerry the avatar; we may or may not find out if he has anything to do with Jerry the human.)
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
January 11th, 2011 at 6:39:37 AM permalink

Dumbest two sentences. There's more at issue here than Jerry. If Rob Singer can be exposed for a fraud, and for posting under an alias in multiple forums, then perhaps we can publish this information far and wide and extinguish him for good. His "vptruth" nonsense won't do him any good if people can see the dogshit he's posted here as "JerryLogan".

Jerry, by himself, is just another nasty internet troll--not worth caring about. (I refer to Jerry the avatar; we may or may not find out if he has anything to do with Jerry the human.)

I promised myself that I would not get sucked into this vortex of spew, but here I go. (I also say I won't go to the casino ATM, but when the fee is only $3 I do that too). I realize I won't change your mind, nor you mine, so I'm not likely to respond to your response. I just want post my thoughts.

While I am very impressed with the data gathered so far, I don't think you have made anywhere close to an irrefutable case. I'm no lawyer, but to try and expose RS on 'evidence' gathered so far seems to be a libel case just waiting for a judgement to be awarded. I'm not sure it would be possible to gather the required evidence, short of a thorough search of the PC's used to write the posts. Since I am not a lawyer or a cop, there is no point in my debating these issues, as my opinion may be spot on, or I may be completely out to lunch, and frankly I don't care either way.

My interest in this is why do you feel the need to discredit RS? There are plenty of people out there who make a living trying to fleece other people. Just watch TV after 1:00AM and buy most any of the products being advertised. With respect to gambling, everyone should realize that there is no system that can guarantee a win. However, no matter how long and loud you say that, it is going to fall on some deaf ears. There are always going to be people that buy into what RS has to say, and they are going to buy in no matter how loudly you protest.

It's pretty much like pissing into the wind. You feel good you relieved yourself, but in the end, you are still wet.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Garnabby
Garnabby
  • Threads: 4
January 11th, 2011 at 7:50:34 AM permalink

My interest in this is why do you feel the need to discredit RS? There are plenty of people out there who make a living trying to fleece other people. Just watch TV after 1:00AM and buy most any of the products being advertised. With respect to gambling, everyone should realize that there is no system that can guarantee a win. However, no matter how long and loud you say that, it is going to fall on some deaf ears. There are always going to be people that buy into what RS has to say, and they are going to buy in no matter how loudly you protest.

Bravo, RC, something worth commenting to lately.

I don't believe i've read a single Singer and/or Logan post/reply, but that's not required to conclude the silly junk and inhabitants on the rest of this board, and more-importantly, its continued ramifications on the gullible and their dependent families, et al.

The 45 year-old "wizard" of even a few high-school math-contest problems? Seen, and competed against, 16 year-old kids who could out-perform all that in an hour. More like some 45 year-old man wasting the rest of his life. And a hypocrite to let on that he knows much about a few of the internet mental paradoxes, when in fact he doesn't even realize that (an ultimately-endless number of) the yet unsolved problems in math have NOTHING to do with the mathematical indeterminancies, such as the "indeterminant forms" or "indeterminant problems" all with an infinity of solutions until FINALLY solved. How about the Pied Piper of Vegas? Sometimes the insidious do more harm than the outright scammers.

Along with Bluejay, who can't even begin to defend his own simple words at the end of the Singer thread. Who's lying there, Bluejay?

Of the 'pitiable', or 'pitiful', or (paradoxically) both?
Why bet at all, if you can be sure? Anyway, what constitutes a "good bet"? - The best slots-game in town; a sucker's edge; or some gray-area blackjack-stunts? (P.S. God doesn't even have to exist to be God.)
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
January 11th, 2011 at 8:06:36 AM permalink
Quote: Garnabby

Bravo, RC, something worth commenting to lately.

Garnabby,
You've quoted my post, but then have gone off on some tangent against the Wizard, Bluejay, and others. How does anything you wrote relate to my post?

I have not quoted your tirade here, as the dasd space it would take up would be far more valuable than the words.
I am fine with a response and quote to my posts, but please at least stick to the topic of my post. Whether you agree or disagree is irrelevant.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
January 11th, 2011 at 9:01:30 AM permalink

*insert rant here*

Wow, so, you really want to go join Chuck?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Garnabby
Garnabby
January 11th, 2011 at 9:05:57 AM permalink

Garnabby,
You've quoted my post, but then have gone off on some tangent against the Wizard, Bluejay, and others. How does anything you wrote relate to my post?.

A tangential relationship serves quite-nicely.

I have not quoted your tirade here, as the dasd space it would take up would be far more valuable than the words.
I am fine with a response and quote to my posts, but please at least stick to the topic of my post. Whether you agree or disagree is irrelevant.

ti·rade (tîˈrâdˌ, tî-râdˈ)

noun
A long angry or violent speech, usually of a censorious or denunciatory nature; a diatribe. ( http://www.yourdictionary.com/tirade )

Please point out the "tirade" parts. It's the facts that don't take long.
Why bet at all, if you can be sure? Anyway, what constitutes a "good bet"? - The best slots-game in town; a sucker's edge; or some gray-area blackjack-stunts? (P.S. God doesn't even have to exist to be God.)
Garnabby
Garnabby
January 11th, 2011 at 9:09:31 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Wow, so, you really want to go join Chuck?

Was leaving anyway, but caught sight of RC's reply.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
January 11th, 2011 at 9:18:07 AM permalink

The 45 year-old "wizard" of even a few high-school math-contest problems? Seen, and competed against, 16 year-old kids who could out-perform all that in an hour. More like some 45 year-old man wasting the rest of his life. And a hypocrite to let on that he knows much about a few of the internet mental paradoxes, when in fact he doesn't even realize that (an ultimately-endless number of) the yet unsolved problems in math have NOTHING to do with the mathematical indeterminancies, such as the "indeterminant forms" or "indeterminant problems" all with an infinity of solutions until FINALLY solved. How about the Pied Piper of Vegas? Sometimes the insidious do more harm than the outright scammers.

Along with Bluejay, who can't even begin to defend his own simple words at the end of the Singer thread. Who's lying there, Bluejay?

Quoted in case of future deletion.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
January 11th, 2011 at 9:23:37 AM permalink

A long angry or violent speech, usually of a censorious or denunciatory nature; a diatribe. ( http://www.yourdictionary.com/tirade )
Please point out the "tirade" parts. It's the facts that don't take long.

diatribe: a bitter, sharply abusive denunciation, attack, or criticism
Do you dispute that your speech was of denunciatory nature or sharply abusive?

"some 45 year-old man wasting the rest of his life. And a hypocrite" doesn't qualify, in your estimation, as denunciatory or critical?
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
January 11th, 2011 at 9:36:56 AM permalink
link
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
mkl654321
mkl654321
January 11th, 2011 at 9:56:31 AM permalink

The 45 year-old "wizard" of even a few high-school math-contest problems? Seen, and competed against, 16 year-old kids who could out-perform all that in an hour. More like some 45 year-old man wasting the rest of his life.

If you think the Wizard's knowledge of the mathematics of gambling is trivial, then your own understanding of the subject must be pretty poor. And as far as "wasting his life"--I understand he's made a pretty decent living. Also, his websites have informed a great many people.
mkl654321
mkl654321
January 11th, 2011 at 10:03:49 AM permalink

IMy interest in this is why do you feel the need to discredit RS?

I'll answer that question.

From my own experience and endeavors, I know that playing winning video poker requires hard work, discipline, and education in the mathematics of gambling. I've probably spent 500 hours in the last fifteen years simply training myself to play well enough to win. When someone like Singer comes along, therefore, and says that all that work is not only unnecessary, but useless, and then says that HE has a much easier method, involving putting on his lucky pink hat and dancing around a video poker machine with a finger inserted in his right ear, I naturally react to that. To give you an example you can relate to: I don't know what your profession is, but I assume it took some substantial amount of training and learning to achieve it. How would you feel if some clown published a book that said that your training and education were worthless, and that he could do what you do just by sprinkling magic fairy dust and farting?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
January 11th, 2011 at 10:31:14 AM permalink

How would you feel if some clown published a book that said that your training and education were worthless, and that he could do what you do just by sprinkling magic fairy dust and farting?

OMFG...My boss wrote a book??
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Mosca
Mosca
January 11th, 2011 at 10:34:52 AM permalink

Post of the year, and it's only Jan 11th.
thecesspit
thecesspit
January 11th, 2011 at 10:52:47 AM permalink

From my own experience and endeavors, I know that playing winning video poker requires hard work, discipline, and education in the mathematics of gambling. I've probably spent 500 hours in the last fifteen years simply training myself to play well enough to win. When someone like Singer comes along, therefore, and says that all that work is not only unnecessary, but useless, and then says that HE has a much easier method, involving putting on his lucky pink hat and dancing around a video poker machine with a finger inserted in his right ear, I naturally react to that. To give you an example you can relate to: I don't know what your profession is, but I assume it took some substantial amount of training and learning to achieve it. How would you feel if some clown published a book that said that your training and education were worthless, and that he could do what you do just by sprinkling magic fairy dust and farting?

Sadly, you once again misrepresent the position of your enemy, and once again end up weakening your own case. Creating straw men to knock down (again). Come on, that's debate 101.

Shove in a few ad hominem attacks, anecdotal evidence and a fact or two that's not actually true, and I can debate like MLK as well.

But don't mind me, I wrote the dumbest sentences in the last few weeks on this board; what do I know?

It's sad, when the strongest critic is apparently well educated and knows Video Poker very well, but he can't actually take a knife to the position RSinger has and dissect into little pieces and leave it for the world to see. It shouldn't actually to be hard starting from a mathematical, long termers approach to break it down. I'll help you out : There's three main arguments to Mr Singer's position (plus a bunch of attack work on his critics, that quite frankly I find as pointless as half the stuff I've seen here, and are also setting up straw men, appeal to popularity and ad hominem attacks).
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
January 11th, 2011 at 11:17:16 AM permalink

Fair enough. I appreciate the insight into your motivation.
But we know that people who laugh at your hard work, and then lose their money following RS are the losers. AND, it is their losses that has the casinos willing to keep these machines around. After all, if everyone followed your model for actually beating the games, the casinos would go ahead and tear the machines out. So in a twisted sort of way, shouldn't you be thanking RS for bringing the fish to the casino hook, thus protecting your interest? I think you may have said you don't AP anymore as it was too much like work, and if so, then I guess you have no interest to protect. That being the case I could see where discrediting RS just for the sheer sport of it could be a fun endeavor.

How would I feel about the clown book? Personally I would welcome it. I figure there would be 1000 clown disciples that would enter my field, and that would put 1000 clowns in my field that I could run circles around, making me a H E R O. Probably doesn't say much about my psyche, willing to be a big fish in polluted waters.........
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
January 11th, 2011 at 11:34:15 AM permalink

How would you feel if some clown published a book that said that your training and education were worthless, and that he could do what you do just by sprinkling magic fairy dust and farting?

Quote: Mosca

Post of the year, and it's only Jan 11th.

I guess this would be the cerebral man's QOTY. Had to think it through for a second, but it was pretty damn funny.

Logan emails the Wizard. The chain is yanked and all the barking starts

I still gotta give it up for this one, since the vivid picture it paints is so freeking funny. I suppose you have to have seen a place where there are five or six dogs around, and one starts barking and then two then six, and none of them even know what they are barking about, they are just joining in. It painted a perfect picture of more than one thread going on!
thecesspit
thecesspit
January 11th, 2011 at 11:41:40 AM permalink
Woof woof. Seems like I am not immune either.
Mosca
Mosca
January 11th, 2011 at 11:52:17 AM permalink

I still gotta give it up for this one, since the vivid picture it paints is so freeking funny. I suppose you have to have seen a place where there are five or six dogs around, and one starts barking and then two then six, and none of them even know what they are barking about, they are just joining in. It painted a perfect picture of more than one thread going on!

That one was pretty good too.

I give it to the first one because of the sense of detachment from the actual subject. I read this stuff out of boredom; I don't actually care about Rob Singer or Jerry Logan. It's something to do while I'm waiting for actual work to happen.
mkl654321
mkl654321
January 11th, 2011 at 4:33:43 PM permalink

There's three main arguments to Mr Singer's position (plus a bunch of attack work on his critics, that quite frankly I find as pointless as half the stuff I've seen here, and are also setting up straw men, appeal to popularity and ad hominem attacks).

Those three arguments have already been gone over in excruciating detail, and blown to smithereens, by others besides me. I don't need to rehash the process.

I don't really care if you like my argumentative style or not. In any event, I wasn't attempting to refute Singer; rather, I was attempting to explain why I feel he needs to be refuted. The act of refutation has already been done many times over; the first time Singer was refuted was when in his writings, he refuted himself. Others followed.
mkl654321
mkl654321
January 11th, 2011 at 4:38:31 PM permalink

Fair enough. I appreciate the insight into your motivation.
But we know that people who laugh at your hard work, and then lose their money following RS are the losers. AND, it is their losses that has the casinos willing to keep these machines around. After all, if everyone followed your model for actually beating the games, the casinos would go ahead and tear the machines out. So in a twisted sort of way, shouldn't you be thanking RS for bringing the fish to the casino hook, thus protecting your interest? I think you may have said you don't AP anymore as it was too much like work, and if so, then I guess you have no interest to protect. That being the case I could see where discrediting RS just for the sheer sport of it could be a fun endeavor.

How would I feel about the clown book? Personally I would welcome it. I figure there would be 1000 clown disciples that would enter my field, and that would put 1000 clowns in my field that I could run circles around, making me a H E R O. Probably doesn't say much about my psyche, willing to be a big fish in polluted waters.........

I pretty much hate bullshit in all its forms, particularly that which deliberately panders to and takes advantage of human weaknesses AND human thinking errors such as cognitive biases. To give you an idea of my mindset, I loathe Singer, religion, fuzzy thinking, bad science, and populism just about equally.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
September 5th, 2013 at 11:10:34 PM permalink
I was going through archived posts. I know this is an old thread but I thought I would tell you about what happened on FREEvpFREE several years ago. It was Singer against everyone else on the forum. Then one day this new member, Acesup, showed up. He appeared to be a stranger to Rob but was touting Singer's system and how succesfull he was using it. So then it was Singer and Acesup against everyone else on the forum. Of course, Acesup was Rob Singer and everyone knew it. So Rob had his Singer persona under the Rob Singer1111 username, and his Acesup persona under the Acesup user name. Then one day Singer screwed up. He posted as Rob Singer under the Acesup username. ROTFLMAO!!! We ridiculed him for it. He made up this phony story about how his Singer email address had temporarily went down so he borrowed Acesup's account. LMAO!! Later, he also posted under the user name Bonuspokergod.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
September 6th, 2013 at 3:14:47 AM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

I was going through archived posts. I know this is an old thread but I thought I would tell you about what happened on FREEvpFREE several years ago. It was Singer against everyone else on the forum. Then one day this new member, Acesup, showed up. He appeared to be a stranger to Rob but was touting Singer's system and how succesfull he was using it. So then it was Singer and Acesup against everyone else on the forum. Of course, Acesup was Rob Singer and everyone knew it. So Rob had his Singer persona under the Rob Singer1111 username, and his Acesup persona under the Acesup user name. Then one day Singer screwed up. He posted as Rob Singer under the Acesup username. ROTFLMAO!!! We ridiculed him for it. He made up this phony story about how his Singer email address had temporarily went down so he borrowed Acesup's account. LMAO!! Later, he also posted under the user name Bonuspokergod.

Banned WOV member JerryLogan posted under several different names and was a student/protege of Rob. Look up Jerry and decide for yourself. Fun reading!
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
  • Jump to: