No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

5 members have voted

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
December 14th, 2021 at 2:50:58 AM permalink
I have to admit this really makes me feel all eyewitness testimony pertaining to what people hear should be inadmissible.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=961822318095831&id=15905515&_rdr
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
December 14th, 2021 at 3:16:40 AM permalink
I hear green needle. But this page is loading so stuttery for me it's hard to get the full audio.
ksdjdj
ksdjdj
  • Threads: 94
December 14th, 2021 at 3:19:08 AM permalink
I voted "I hear only green" (green needle)
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
December 14th, 2021 at 4:04:28 AM permalink
Reminds me a bit of The dress and the enthusiastic discussions about black and blue vs white and gold, the old bacon or beercan test (now a spam website), and the herpes or hairpiece website (also now spam).

Unrelated, Instant rimshot is still around from that era of web history, and apparently gets enough ad revenue to have someone update the site to keep it working with modern browsers.

Did anyone else have trouble seeing the "magic eye" stereograms back in the day?
May the cards fall in your favor.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
December 14th, 2021 at 11:05:54 AM permalink
I go with Green Needle.

However, I think the disparity is even greater with the Yanny/Laurel debate. I'm firmly in the Laurel camp on that one.

Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDiXQl7grPQ
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
darkoz
darkoz
December 14th, 2021 at 12:39:11 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I go with Green Needle.

However, I think the disparity is even greater with the Yanny/Laurel debate. I'm firmly in the Laurel camp on that one.

link to original post

The issue is you should hear each word by looking at it as you hear it. Literally what you hear changes to your own brain just by looking at the word.

Look at green needle that's what you hear.

Look at brainstorm that's what you hear.

Doesn't matter the order as the video says the word twice. Look at green needle twice that that's what you hear. Look at green needle first time then brainstorm second that's what you hear.

It's not about what you personally interpret but how your own brain changes it's own interpretation.

Go back and try it if you just looked at one word.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
December 14th, 2021 at 1:28:49 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I go with Green Needle.

link to original post

The issue is you should hear each word by looking at it as you hear it. Literally what you hear changes to your own brain just by looking at the word.

Doesn't matter the order as the video says the word twice. Look at green needle twice that that's what you hear. Look at green needle first time then brainstorm second that's what you hear.

It's not about what you personally interpret but how your own brain changes it's own interpretation.

link to original post

It was green needle every time I played it no matter what I was looking at. My brain is not changing any ‘interpretation’. I easily hear green needle.
darkoz
darkoz
December 14th, 2021 at 2:56:14 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: darkoz

I go with Green Needle.

link to original post

link to original post

It was green needle every time I played it no matter what I was looking at. My brain is not changing any ‘interpretation’. I easily hear green needle.
link to original post

It's subjective.

I heard either word and had no control over it. Even when trying to look at Brainstorm and hear green needle I always heard brainstorm.

Any rate, that becomes your poll answer. Always green needle.
mwalz9
mwalz9
  • Threads: 52
December 14th, 2021 at 3:21:48 PM permalink
I heard both green needle and brainstorm depending on the word I was looking at.

However, no matter how hard I tried, I heard Yanny every time on the other one, even if I was looking at and saying to myself Laurel! I cannot hear Laurel at all!
  • Jump to: