Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 11
October 9th, 2021 at 4:16:13 AM permalink
I believe the world heavyweight boxing bout: fury v wilder, is in Vegas tonight (Saturday). I wonder if there'll be some WOV posters going to watch? I wonder if there are some who were even comped tickets to watch?

Who's gonna win? Put your bet down if you're that way inclined. I wouldn't bet on it, but I'll say Fury's got the goods.
Last edited by: Wellbush on Oct 9, 2021
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
October 9th, 2021 at 4:47:34 AM permalink
I bet the under 7.5 rounds at +115.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Wellbush
Wellbush
October 9th, 2021 at 5:55:43 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

link to original post

fury or wilder to win, or just the bout?
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
  • Threads: 232
October 9th, 2021 at 6:13:24 AM permalink

Fury weighed in at 277 and Wilder at 238 - almost a 40 pound difference - that's a lot

and 277 is very heavy for a heavyweight but I guess he carries it well - unusual - but he is very tall at 6'9"

a boxer only has to weigh 200 to be a heavyweight -

Mike Tyson weighed about 218

you know what they say:

𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙯𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨__________𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙯𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙜

Please don't feed the trolls
unJon
unJon
October 9th, 2021 at 7:17:25 AM permalink
Quote: Wellbush

link to original post

link to original post

Just the bout.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Wellbush
Wellbush
October 9th, 2021 at 8:25:55 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Just the bout.
link to original post

I see. Well, if it's just the bout, you got more chance.

I've seen Fury's wins on YouTube. When I checked his physical numbers, I got a sense of his capabilities. He seems to win if he lasts the distance. And when he starts throwing heavy punches late in a bout, few can handle the power.
Wellbush
Wellbush
October 9th, 2021 at 12:05:50 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Fury weighed in at 277 and Wilder at 238 - almost a 40 pound difference - that's a lot

and 277 is very heavy for a heavyweight but I guess he carries it well - unusual - but he is very tall at 6'9"

a boxer only has to weigh 200 to be a heavyweight -

Mike Tyson weighed about 218

you know what they say:

𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙯𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨__________𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙯𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙜

link to original post

Tyson was a freak
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
October 9th, 2021 at 1:15:29 PM permalink

Tyson was a freak

If by "freak" you mean "unusally gifted," then yes, he was a freak, as was Ali and to a degree Sonny Liston.

I once followed the sweet science very closely; pre-UFC they were pretty much the only game in town.

This millenium, however, the divisions are lack luster, the fighters no longer compelling.

I miss Hearns, Hagler, Leonard, Tyson et al ...

Oh well, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
"What, me worry?"
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
  • Threads: 232
October 9th, 2021 at 1:30:30 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

This millenium, however, the divisions are lack luster, the fighters no longer compelling.

link to original post

did you at all follow Manny Pacquiao?____________𝑷𝒂𝒄𝑴𝒂𝒏

the little dude was awesome in his prime

had blinding speed - destroyed Oscar De La Hoya

he's running for Prez of the Philippines_______________________________(-:\

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Oct 9, 2021
Please don't feed the trolls
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
October 9th, 2021 at 1:51:14 PM permalink
Yes, I saw him fight at MGM in Las Vegas.

Skilled, quick, as was Mayweather.

Those two guys did catch my eye but the heavyweight division did not, post-Tyson.
"What, me worry?"
unJon
unJon
October 9th, 2021 at 2:06:21 PM permalink

Yes, I saw him fight at MGM in Las Vegas.

Skilled, quick, as was Mayweather.

Those two guys did catch my eye but the heavyweight division did not, post-Tyson.
link to original post

Klitschko was an animal in his prime.

And of course Roy Jones Jr, though not a true heavy weight.
Wellbush
Wellbush
October 10th, 2021 at 7:10:37 AM permalink

Tyson was a freak

If by "freak" you mean "unusally gifted," then yes, he was a freak, as was Ali and to a degree Sonny Liston.

I once followed the sweet science very closely; pre-UFC they were pretty much the only game in town.

link to original post

yes, Tyson was unusually gifted.
Wellbush
Wellbush
October 10th, 2021 at 7:14:54 AM permalink

Tyson was a freak

link to original post

Marciano was incredible too. There may just be current incredible boxers in different weight divisions. I didn't watch yesterday night's heavyweight bout, but from the blog record, it appeared to be a very good fight.
Wellbush
Wellbush
October 10th, 2021 at 7:20:01 AM permalink
For the record, yesterday night's heavyweight bout could be summarised thus:

Fury got knocked down once or twice in the early rounds. Wilder got knocked down twice in the later rounds. The second time, Wilder was knocked down for good.

Winner: Fury by KO, in 11 of 12 rounds.
  • Jump to: