Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 824
Joined: Mar 23, 2021
October 9th, 2021 at 4:16:13 AM permalink
I believe the world heavyweight boxing bout: fury v wilder, is in Vegas tonight (Saturday). I wonder if there'll be some WOV posters going to watch? I wonder if there are some who were even comped tickets to watch?

Who's gonna win? Put your bet down if you're that way inclined. I wouldn't bet on it, but I'll say Fury's got the goods.
Last edited by: Wellbush on Oct 9, 2021
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 4650
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
October 9th, 2021 at 4:47:34 AM permalink
I bet the under 7.5 rounds at +115.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 824
Joined: Mar 23, 2021
October 9th, 2021 at 5:55:43 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

I bet the under 7.5 rounds at +115.
link to original post

fury or wilder to win, or just the bout?
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 233
  • Posts: 6692
Joined: May 8, 2015
October 9th, 2021 at 6:13:24 AM permalink
__________


Fury weighed in at 277 and Wilder at 238 - almost a 40 pound difference - that's a lot

and 277 is very heavy for a heavyweight but I guess he carries it well - unusual - but he is very tall at 6'9"

a boxer only has to weigh 200 to be a heavyweight -

Mike Tyson weighed about 218



you know what they say:




𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙯𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨__________𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙯𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙜



.
the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 4650
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
October 9th, 2021 at 7:17:25 AM permalink
Quote: Wellbush

Quote: unJon

I bet the under 7.5 rounds at +115.
link to original post

fury or wilder to win, or just the bout?
link to original post

Just the bout.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 824
Joined: Mar 23, 2021
October 9th, 2021 at 8:25:55 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

Quote: Wellbush

Quote: unJon

I bet the under 7.5 rounds at +115.
link to original post

fury or wilder to win, or just the bout?
link to original post

Just the bout.
link to original post

I see. Well, if it's just the bout, you got more chance.

I've seen Fury's wins on YouTube. When I checked his physical numbers, I got a sense of his capabilities. He seems to win if he lasts the distance. And when he starts throwing heavy punches late in a bout, few can handle the power.
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 824
Joined: Mar 23, 2021
October 9th, 2021 at 12:05:50 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

__________


Fury weighed in at 277 and Wilder at 238 - almost a 40 pound difference - that's a lot

and 277 is very heavy for a heavyweight but I guess he carries it well - unusual - but he is very tall at 6'9"

a boxer only has to weigh 200 to be a heavyweight -

Mike Tyson weighed about 218



you know what they say:




𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙯𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨__________𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙯𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙜



.
link to original post

Tyson was a freak
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
  • Posts: 8158
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
October 9th, 2021 at 1:15:29 PM permalink
Quote: Wellbush

Tyson was a freak



If by "freak" you mean "unusally gifted," then yes, he was a freak, as was Ali and to a degree Sonny Liston.

I once followed the sweet science very closely; pre-UFC they were pretty much the only game in town.

This millenium, however, the divisions are lack luster, the fighters no longer compelling.

I miss Hearns, Hagler, Leonard, Tyson et al ...

Oh well, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
"What, me worry?"
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 233
  • Posts: 6692
Joined: May 8, 2015
October 9th, 2021 at 1:30:30 PM permalink
Quote: MrV


This millenium, however, the divisions are lack luster, the fighters no longer compelling.

I miss Hearns, Hagler, Leonard, Tyson et al ...

Oh well, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
link to original post




did you at all follow Manny Pacquiao?____________𝑷𝒂𝒄𝑴𝒂𝒏

the little dude was awesome in his prime

had blinding speed - destroyed Oscar De La Hoya

he's running for Prez of the Philippines_______________________________(-:\

.
.







.
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Oct 9, 2021
the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
  • Posts: 8158
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
October 9th, 2021 at 1:51:14 PM permalink
Yes, I saw him fight at MGM in Las Vegas.

Skilled, quick, as was Mayweather.

Those two guys did catch my eye but the heavyweight division did not, post-Tyson.
"What, me worry?"
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 4650
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
October 9th, 2021 at 2:06:21 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Yes, I saw him fight at MGM in Las Vegas.

Skilled, quick, as was Mayweather.

Those two guys did catch my eye but the heavyweight division did not, post-Tyson.
link to original post



Klitschko was an animal in his prime.

And of course Roy Jones Jr, though not a true heavy weight.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 824
Joined: Mar 23, 2021
October 10th, 2021 at 7:10:37 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Quote: Wellbush

Tyson was a freak



If by "freak" you mean "unusally gifted," then yes, he was a freak, as was Ali and to a degree Sonny Liston.

I once followed the sweet science very closely; pre-UFC they were pretty much the only game in town.

This millenium, however, the divisions are lack luster, the fighters no longer compelling.

I miss Hearns, Hagler, Leonard, Tyson et al ...

Oh well, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
link to original post

yes, Tyson was unusually gifted.
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 824
Joined: Mar 23, 2021
October 10th, 2021 at 7:14:54 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Quote: Wellbush

Tyson was a freak



If by "freak" you mean "unusally gifted," then yes, he was a freak, as was Ali and to a degree Sonny Liston.

I once followed the sweet science very closely; pre-UFC they were pretty much the only game in town.

This millenium, however, the divisions are lack luster, the fighters no longer compelling.

I miss Hearns, Hagler, Leonard, Tyson et al ...

Oh well, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
link to original post

Marciano was incredible too. There may just be current incredible boxers in different weight divisions. I didn't watch yesterday night's heavyweight bout, but from the blog record, it appeared to be a very good fight.
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 824
Joined: Mar 23, 2021
October 10th, 2021 at 7:20:01 AM permalink
For the record, yesterday night's heavyweight bout could be summarised thus:

Fury got knocked down once or twice in the early rounds. Wilder got knocked down twice in the later rounds. The second time, Wilder was knocked down for good.

Winner: Fury by KO, in 11 of 12 rounds.
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
  • Jump to: