Poll

8 votes (21.05%)
1 vote (2.63%)
11 votes (28.94%)
5 votes (13.15%)
3 votes (7.89%)
3 votes (7.89%)
3 votes (7.89%)
2 votes (5.26%)
1 vote (2.63%)
1 vote (2.63%)

38 members have voted

DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 74
  • Posts: 6877
January 6th, 2021 at 7:24:55 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

That said, McDonald痴 fries have a special place in my heart.



That is a hot button for me. Anyone who doesn't think McDonald's has the best fries is delusional.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 159
  • Posts: 3183
January 6th, 2021 at 8:41:44 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

That is a hot button for me. Anyone who doesn't think McDonald's has the best fries is delusional.



.................

don't want to debate this with you but.....................

there is joint that only has locations in Ocean City, Maryland called "Thrashers"
they don't serve anything but fries - not even drinks
they believe their fries are so exquisite that they don't even offer ketchup - only oil and vinegar - ketchup is not worthy of their fries
all day long the workers there have to tell new customers that they don't have ketchup

they're legendary - people line up for them up and down the boardwalk when O.C. is busy

terapined probably knows about them
𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘵: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵............. ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴛᴡᴀɪɴ
TomG
TomG
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 2117
January 6th, 2021 at 8:52:39 AM permalink
Never had 5 Guys, but online search says it would be over $10. In-N-Out is still under $4 for almost as many calories. Two McDouble's off the dollar menu was an ok snack, overall about as good as anything else.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 1635
January 6th, 2021 at 8:59:39 AM permalink
I used to go to Red Barn for just large fries & a drink back when I never had more than $5 in my pocket because it was a bad neighborhood. There's a police station next door to where that was now.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 74
  • Posts: 6877
January 6th, 2021 at 9:19:43 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

I used to go to Red Barn for just large fries & a drink back when I never had more than $5 in my pocket because it was a bad neighborhood. There's a police station next door to where that was now.



As a youngster I would ride my bike to McDonalds and get two small french fries anytime that I had a dollar. The fries were $0.50 each. I would never get anything else.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 74
  • Posts: 6877
January 6th, 2021 at 9:20:41 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

.................

don't want to debate this with you but.....................

there is joint that only has locations in Ocean City, Maryland called "Thrashers"
they don't serve anything but fries - not even drinks
they believe their fries are so exquisite that they don't even offer ketchup - only oil and vinegar - ketchup is not worthy of their fries
all day long the workers there have to tell new customers that they don't have ketchup

they're legendary - people line up for them up and down the boardwalk when O.C. is busy

terapined probably knows about them



I hope I remember this the next time I get back to the Northeast.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
Joined: Feb 28, 2014
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 70
January 6th, 2021 at 12:59:46 PM permalink
Looks like they may have ketchup now based on a photo I just saw on their website.
Son you ain稚 paying attention I知 cutting you but you ain稚 bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 159
  • Posts: 3183
January 6th, 2021 at 2:37:54 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I hope I remember this the next time I get back to the Northeast.




maybe this will help you remember:


𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘵: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵............. ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴛᴡᴀɪɴ
Keeneone
Keeneone
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 1175
January 6th, 2021 at 3:19:29 PM permalink
I voted In&Out on the list provided. There are numerous others to consider just in the Vegas valley. Farmer Boys, Shake Shack, Fatburger, Freddy's, Original Tommy's, Steak n Shake, Red Robin, Sonic etc.

In&Out burger, Mickey D's fries, w/glass bottled Mexican Coke (cane sugar) would make for a great last meal choice.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 180
  • Posts: 10304
January 6th, 2021 at 3:25:05 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

McDonald痴 fries have a special place in my heart.

Ditto. But you want even better fries? Get McD fries without salt.

One day I got someone else痴 unsalted fries by mistake. Holy crap they池e good. I order them that way now.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁

  • Jump to: