SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
November 28th, 2010 at 6:21:19 PM permalink
Having read much about the soon to be released leaks, does anyone (other than me) think this will be a true destabilizing event? I can see some anti Muslim comment, or anti Chinese comment, or etc.... causing tremendous problems for our 'friends'. And think about the confidence we must have in the security of ANYTHING the government has purview over.....
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
November 28th, 2010 at 6:23:52 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Having read much about the soon to be released leaks, does anyone (other than me) think this will be a true destabilizing event? I can see some anti Muslim comment, or anti Chinese comment, or etc.... causing tremendous problems for our 'friends'. And think about the confidence we must have in the security of ANYTHING the government has purview over.....

STRATFOR did a story on this stating that the government classifies too much stuff in the first place. The Chinese probably have a fairly good idea of the things classified as "secret" or "classified" anyways.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
November 28th, 2010 at 6:24:41 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I think that any such concern has to take into account the strong probability that the "leaks" are made up out of whole cloth. I mean, are these child-hackers REALLY able to penetrate secure goverment systems and purloin hundreds of thousands of documents? Or is someone with a LOT of time on their hands fabricating those so-called "documents" just to make the US look bad?
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
November 28th, 2010 at 6:35:30 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

I think that any such concern has to take into account the strong probability that the "leaks" are made up out of whole cloth. I mean, are these child-hackers REALLY able to penetrate secure goverment systems and purloin hundreds of thousands of documents? Or is someone with a LOT of time on their hands fabricating those so-called "documents" just to make the US look bad?

Are you saying children of ages 12 and under are hacking computers? I'd find that hard to believe. Maybe someone in their early 20s or even late-teens. But how is someone under 13 years old going to do that?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: