• Threads: 39
January 10th, 2021 at 1:13:06 PM permalink
Can't wait for The Bronx COVID.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 43
January 10th, 2021 at 2:32:13 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Bisbee has near-perfect weather. It even has a mural proclaiming it was named the number one climate in the USofA.
Being a mile high, it is about ten-fifteen degrees cooler than Tucson, the closest large city. Most years we have a monsoon season where it rains almost every day, but this year it never came. We hit 100 degrees one day this summer, the first time it happened in a half dozen years. A cold front this week caused me to close my windows.
The problem is it is two hours from the Tucson airport that seemingly doesn't offer direct flights to anywhere.
Picture San Diego without the ocean, the taxes and the stupid prices. You can buy a half dozen houses and become a real estate mini-magnate for the price of a typical three-bedroom in the SD area.

Iím not so sure about the San Diego comparison, I looked up Bisbee weather.Tomorrow nightís low is 19
Don't teach an alligator how to swim.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 74
January 10th, 2021 at 2:34:41 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

Iím not so sure about the San Diego comparison, I looked up Bisbee weather.Tomorrow nightís low is 19

My wife lived in San Diego before moving back to Vegas. Her apartment had neither a heater or air conditioner. She did need a box fan for the warmer nights.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 83
January 10th, 2021 at 2:51:35 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Bisbee has near-perfect weather. It even has a mural proclaiming it was named the number one climate in the USofA.
Being a mile high, it is about ten-fifteen degrees cooler than Tucson, the closest large city. Most years we have a monsoon season where it rains almost every day, but this year it never came. We hit 100 degrees one day this summer, the first time it happened in a half dozen years. A cold front this week caused me to close my windows.
The problem is it is two hours from the Tucson airport that seemingly doesn't offer direct flights to anywhere.
Picture San Diego without the ocean, the taxes and the stupid prices. You can buy a half dozen houses and become a real estate mini-magnate for the price of a typical three-bedroom in the SD area.

My impressions
That massive gigantic hole in the ground
Do something
How about the biggest amphitheater in the world
The shape is perfect. Just pour concrete over the place. Turn the eyesore into the envy of the world
I think this is the town I visited with a ton of steps
Actually walked up a huge set of steps just to see what was at the top.
I was exhausted. Nothing but more places to live, walked back down.
I think I noticed a small plaza up some steps with chess boards ingrained in some tables
Asked some nearby locals why nobody playing chess
They just shrugged.
Did the mine tour
It was fun. Got a seat at the front of the train.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 175
January 10th, 2021 at 5:18:46 PM permalink
What you call an eyesore, others call a tourist destination. I was really impressed the first time I saw it, but it got old very quick.
In a town of 5,000 people, an amphitheater would be as useful as the hole in the ground. We already have the oldest ballpark in the nation, which was built in 1909 and has seen better days.
People used to gather in that park, pre-virus, but I don't recall anyone playing chess there.
Shap
Shap
  • Threads: 0
January 12th, 2021 at 8:13:35 AM permalink
I believe it is way too overhyped by the media. However, our office is working remotely with the help ofto keep the work process going. I can't say I have anything to complain about, but like everyone else, I hope to return to my normal lifestyle.

• Jump to: