odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
November 24th, 2010 at 2:07:36 PM permalink
"Craps Strategy Investment" has eclipsed "The hoax that is..." in number of posts and is Top Thread.

That rather surprises me, I quit following the thread. Apologies if someone remarked on this prior to me.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
November 24th, 2010 at 2:13:05 PM permalink
I stopped paying attention to it, too. What's the status of the craps strategy investment?
A falling knife has no handle.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
November 24th, 2010 at 3:03:51 PM permalink
The status of the thread is "too long" and often " too off-topic". I stopped reading long ago too even though I probably made some contributions to length and topic-drift myself.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 24th, 2010 at 3:05:40 PM permalink
From MKL's synopsis :

1. 98steps posted that he had just invented a new craps system based on progressive betting as losses occured. He was interested in taking the "system challenge" posted by MichaelBlueJay.
2. Much posting ensued. Seventeen years later, MichaelBlueJay and 98steps reached tentative agreement on the precise nature of the challenge.
3. For whatever reason, 98steps decided not to take the challenge after all, but instead, gathered up some "investors"' money, and trooped off to Vegas to try out his system under battle conditions.
4. There is no item 4.
5. 98steps reported results that were very consistent with a Martingale: many small wins, more than offset by a horrendous loss.
6. 98steps then left Vegas to attend to family matters. When we last heard from our hero, he was in California.
7. We await further news of 98craps' struggles with bated breath.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
  • Jump to: