billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
December 1st, 2020 at 5:00:40 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

Yep, that was about as bad as it can get.

I think my favorite play in all of football is when an onside kick is returned for a TD. I remember seeing Jason Sehorn run one back for the Giants back in the day. I would imagine that it has happened since then, but it is very rare.

Returning that onside kick inspired people to think Sehorn might be a good choice for kick returns. He suffered season-ending injury on his first attempt and his career never recovered.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 25th, 2020 at 5:33:39 AM permalink
here we go again, 49ers vs Cowboys.

I think it is just too hard when you tee the ball up. And the Cowboys seem to be the team with the best coaching on onside kicks, here they look good in that they know they can initiate blocks and the kicking team can't [I think I have that right]. The 49ers players are forced out of the action, don't even know where the ball is, the blocking is very good. And sure enough only one guy can even see the ball it seems.

I think teams need to get away from the old style of onside kick, the rules are different now.

https://youtu.be/PUmTnFe6Tis?t=769
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
  • Jump to: