Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
August 2nd, 2021 at 1:03:14 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

AMZN still struggling but at least it is green again at the moment.

TSLA green something like four sessions in a row now! Back over 700. Ya' like, SooPoo?

I had some Ďtradingí shares of TSLAÖ. I honestly donít remember exactly what I bought them at ($688?) and finally sold at $706!

I think I was up $$$$$ at 11am but finished down $$$$ at market closeÖ.. oh wellÖ..
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 27
August 2nd, 2021 at 3:16:51 PM permalink
Nice! job. You know, when you have waited THAT long given that it made it back to 700, you should have sold higher than 706. The theory in general is that if it has made it all the way back to a certain price that is much higher than from where it had dropped, that it will break through that certain price and go even higher.

This theory isn't always valid though. For example, CYDY, looks like it plummeted and returned to 5-7 at least three times but did not go any higher. Now, if it goes back to 5-7 yet another time will it break through to higher? The theory says - YES, but let's wait and see.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear 
  • Threads: 47
August 6th, 2021 at 6:29:27 AM permalink
Since this thread had become embroiled in discussion about CytoDyn, Which MDawg doesn't own but seems to care deeply about, I've split the thread.
If you guys want to butt heads on the merit of CytoDyn as an investment, knock yourselves out at #
It's not a perfect split, but...
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/off-topic/36269-investing-in-cytodyn/

If I see discussion of Cytodyn in the MDawg investing thread, I will deem that hijacking or trolling
Similarly if anyone tries to make the new thread about MDawg's investments.

I'm considering hiding the new thread.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 132
August 6th, 2021 at 6:36:27 AM permalink
Don't hide it! That satire took me twenty minutes!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear 
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 6th, 2021 at 6:40:57 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Don't hide it! That satire took me twenty minutes!

Wrong thread.... I liked the satire. Was it trolling? I don't think so.
I dread to think how many suspensions your next satirical work will precipitate.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
MDawg
MDawg
August 6th, 2021 at 10:09:12 AM permalink
OnceDear, what's done is done but as a licensed financial advisor or even forget about that, as an investor period - I don't see why anyone would expect me to do other than talk about investments I own, investments that I consider owning and investments I would not want to own. All I would do in a professional context as far as advice is disclose whether I own shares myself.

I think it was overkill to move the CYDY discussion to its own new thread, and that you even mentioned considering hiding the new thread implies that the motive is simply to once again hide any thread that draws too much attention or is controversial. What is that about? Plus, I can't control that people start talking about something that pops up in my thread - every time you hide one of my threads it is over back and forth controversy between others, generally not even involving me. I made ONE post about CYDY yesterday all the rest since was commentary by others.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
August 6th, 2021 at 10:14:25 AM permalink
U.S. Employers added 943K jobs (865K expected), and unemployment dropped to 54.% (5.7% expected), but the Nasdaq is still selling off including AMZN's giving back most of its gains from the past couple days.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear 
August 6th, 2021 at 10:51:09 AM permalink

OnceDear, what's done is done but as a licensed financial advisor or even forget about that, as an investor period - I don't see why anyone would expect me to do other than talk about investments I own, investments that I consider owning and investments I would not want to own. All I would do in a professional context as far as advice is disclose whether I own shares myself.

I think it was overkill to move the CYDY discussion to its own new thread, and that you even mentioned considering hiding the new thread implies that the motive is simply to once again hide any thread that draws too much attention or is controversial. What is that about? Plus, I can't control that people start talking about something that pops up in my thread - every time you hide one of my threads it is over back and forth controversy between others, generally not even involving me. I made ONE post about CYDY yesterday all the rest since was commentary by others.

So, we 'expect you to talk about' everything you do and everything you don't do: Everything you own and everything you don't own. That's a heck of a broad remit to encapsulate in a thread you deem to be yours. Please leave a bit of internet for the rest of us.

IANAL, but...
I don't believe that this site is any kind of licenced financial advisor site. I expect there would need to be some sort of legal indemnity for you to operate here as one. On this forum, you are not acting in any capacity as a licenced advisor. You are an anonymous member with no more than that level of endorsement, authority or credibility.

I doubt the forum owners would want your advice being misrepresented as endorsed professional financial advice.

This thread is chit-chat about MDawg's investments, of which Cytodyn is absolutely not one. Makes it as off topic as can be. That others followed up the change of topic only persuaded me further that it deserved its own thread.

You quite clearly, frequently, mention Cytodyn's down swings to snipe at, or show your superiority to DarkOz. There's a word for that. You also invited the new direction / hijack. Now this thread can continue to be all about your incredible investing prowess.

I've split the thread. It's done! You can still contribute to the other branch in the context of that thread.

If you wish to challenge my decision, there's a whole team of moderators that you can complain to.
MDawg
MDawg
August 6th, 2021 at 10:57:16 AM permalink
Don't get too excited, this is a banal investments thread. In any case, I guess yet another thread of mine just made the top tier! thanks to you.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear 
August 6th, 2021 at 11:00:25 AM permalink

Don't get too excited, this is a banal investments thread. In any case, I guess yet another thread of mine just made the top tier! thanks to you.

You have no threads of yours. Oh. I see you were nominally thread starter. That can be fixed.

• Jump to: