Thread Rating:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
May 8th, 2021 at 10:37:24 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

On my long term TSLA, my adjusted basis is low two digits. I have no incentive to sell, having held this long. And that's just going back a few years or so...if I had bot from the beginning I suppose my adjusted basis would be single digits.

Think about whether you would want to buy now and where you would buy. Where would you rather invest it or whether you would want to sit on the side lines. Can you see it at $900 again before it's $400 or $500? It went almost straight up at one point. Has anything ever sustained such movement? If you have any examples, I'd like to know.
Follow me: https://www.heavensgate.com/
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 19
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
May 10th, 2021 at 9:05:25 AM permalink
TSLA 641 to 642. That was a thousand shares I should have let it ride to 646 (or at least 645).

I had averaged in COIN at 261 last week, making my basis with the 301 shares, 281. I had the GTC in at 285, which just filled. So I am out of COIN now at a nice profit.

Over all though it's a bleeding red day for tech.
Last edited by: MDawg on May 10, 2021
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 110
May 10th, 2021 at 11:37:22 AM permalink

TSLA 641 to 642. That was a thousand shares I should have let it ride to 646 (or at least 645).

I had averaged in COIN at 661 last week, making my basis with the 301 shares, 281. I had the GTC in at 685, which just filled. So I am out of COIN now at a nice profit.

Typo? Coin under 300. 661 a typo? 685 a typo? Twice?

Iím still way underwater on my TSLA Ďtradeí attempt....
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 10th, 2021 at 5:38:27 PM permalink
Any word when senior citizen for the future is coming to buy the dip? What time did she bump the stock March 8th? Do you remember? Pre-market, after hours? Midday? I don't want to get caught holding this.
MDawg
MDawg
May 10th, 2021 at 6:10:56 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I had averaged in COIN at 661 last week, making my basis with the 301 shares, 281. I had the GTC in at 685, which just filled. So I am out of COIN now at a nice profit.

Typo? Coin under 300. 661 a typo? 685 a typo? Twice?

Iím still way underwater on my TSLA Ďtradeí attempt....

TWO TYPOS. COIN at 301 from couple weeks ago, plus at 261 from last week, average 281, sold at 285.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
MDawg
MDawg
onenickelmiracle
May 11th, 2021 at 10:09:22 AM permalink
COIN is actually now over 301. I didn't need to sell any of the shares at 285, but, a profit is a profit, and that's over and done with.

Tech market was really red first thing this morning, but has recovered quite a bit. AMZN now solidly green.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 110
onenickelmiracle
May 11th, 2021 at 10:55:14 AM permalink
I traded 1000 NBEV for + $110. Doesnít really make up for the long term -$30k today... but I am happy at least one thing worked out today!
MDawg
MDawg
May 11th, 2021 at 10:57:57 AM permalink
Onenickel, over all suggestion for you. I think you have to decide if you're an investor or a trader. If you're a trader, which I don't think there is such a thing as an options "investor" anyway, then sell your shares or options when the time is right. And be consistent - if you look to book a certain amount, a certain sort of profit, then go for that level of profit every time. It seems that you are usually waiting for that home run by options expiration date? Usually doesn't happen and most options expire worthless.

Also, I'd avoid puts. Over time you're just going to lose betting against this bull market, notwithstanding red periods. When there is a correction going on, everyone stuck in a long position wishes he were short, but that sort of sentiment doesn't last too long. I predict that if you keep up with puts you'll eventually give back all you might make during these sell offs.
Last edited by: MDawg on May 11, 2021
MDawg
MDawg
May 11th, 2021 at 11:55:22 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I traded 1000 NBEV for + $110. Doesnít really make up for the long term -$30k today... but I am happy at least one thing worked out today!

Last I checked I was actually over all green today in my long terms because of AMZN, but I think that was at the moment where TSLA was only -2 for the day, and AMZN was something like +35 or more.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 11th, 2021 at 1:31:01 PM permalink

Onenickel, over all suggestion for you. I think you have to decide if you're an investor or a trader. If you're a trader, which I don't think there is such a thing as an options "investor" anyway, then sell your shares or options when the time is right. And be consistent - if you look to book a certain amount, a certain sort of profit, then go for that level of profit every time. It seems that you are usually waiting for that home run by options expiration date? Usually doesn't happen and most options expire worthless.

Also, I'd avoid puts. Over time you're just going to lose betting against this bull market, notwithstanding red periods. When there is a correction going on, everyone stuck in a long position wishes he were short, but that sort of sentiment doesn't last too long. I predict that if you keep up with puts you'll eventually give back all you might make during these sell offs.

I could have taken huge gains but I never did. Just gains. Even when the company has bad press proving they're not going to pull it all off as promised, the stock just keeps going up. I'm liquidated, I'm not messing with it. It's causing more harm than good. I acted impulsively selling everything off, but didn't want to wake up down 30%. No reasonable, competent person could have possibly bought the TSLA stock today to hold and they didn't. In the AM if I would have tried selling my price would have been passed over and I'd just be sitting there having to investigate what was happening, so that stopped me. Robinhood is a really bad site with terrible execution and is not reliable when you need it. I only used it primarily. because the deposits were so quick being instant deposits. Puts I only bought because it's the only way to short. I did buy TSLA last year but thought a stock going up 5% a day is too risky. Had it at $600 or $700 if I only knew. They're not pulling off what they're trying to do and failing but the stock went up from a huge starting loss. It's crazy, totally unjustified.

• Jump to: